Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

I got a book about us tryna get our reparations.

About this woman named Calli House or something like that. She was like the first black or one of the first blacks to try and get reparations for us shortly after slavery and of course failed.

Interesting read to have in your stash.

Said a lot but didn’t really say anything

lol @ the first dude's face throughout her answer. I almost thought this was one of those spoof videos at first.

Question for you though, if Kamala honestly didn't think getting reparations was possible during her tenure and wanted to focus on some other issues that she thought would help black people, would you have a problem with her coming out and saying that? This question is assuming that her answer is in good faith and she really is open to helping black people in other ways.

So let's move reparations off the table. I never got why people get so hung up on it (not that they weren't given, but as a future goal) knowing it's not going to happen. Focus on realistic goals.

Last edited:
So let's move reparations off the table. I never got why people get so hung up on it (not that they weren't given, but as a future goal) knowing it's not going to happen. Focus on realistic goals.

I agree reparations shouldn't be the threshold for supporting a candidate as there are many other things politicians can stand for that would help Black Americans.

That said, you can't just take reparations off the table. People who really think they are what we need have to continue to fight for them. It's not like the U.S. will just magically decide it's the right thing to do.

I agree reparations shouldn't be the threshold for supporting a candidate as there are many other things politicians can stand for that would help Black Americans.

That said, you can't just take reparations off the table. People who really think they are what we need have to continue to fight for them. It's not like the U.S. will just magically decide it's the right thing to do.

Agreed. It shouldnt be the lone issue that determines your support or not though IMO.

People are entitled to their own deal breakers though however realistic or unrealistic they may be

Do yall think reparations are coming in your lifetime? And are they less likely to come as time goes on, the events that are the reason for it become further in the past, and the execution of the plan becomes more complex with a growing number of multi racial people?
With that attitude we never would have gotten out of slavery

We never would have gotten civil rights and immigration passed

And the only reason this country can have a growing number of multiracial people is because of the Blood Sweat and Tears by black Americans that has been uncompensated

Nope.

Supposed to had already got reparations tho. We not gettin' reparations only for blacks, ADOS, FBA, or whatever term you wanna use. If we did, it'll be shared with other groups like illegal aliens/migrants. That's just my opinion.
And this is why some of us preemptively dropped out of the political process. We're done sharing and being mules for everyone else

All I can think of is "Who else still in prison under Kamala's watch that shouldn't be in there?"

Shit crazy
I'd say several
The ppl that support KH really don't care about Jamal Trulove unless this happens to them. They supposed to be the better party.
Kamala Harris is just as anti-black As Trump

Kamala has the same history/tendency of mingling with black people as Trump

Before I look this case up, having a black DA doesn't make you immune to crime

This isn't the case where you had a black physician and you hope they are steering you right because of your distrust of the medical profession.

I'm not absolving Kamala of wrongfully convicting this gentleman if that's what ended up happening but anyone who has ever been to court where you are in a trial between your attorney and another one has some spidey senses going off after listening to his version of the events on sentencing day.

Brb

I'm about to look this up but I'm already calling bs on some of his retelling of the events
Feel free. The key witness originally said he wasn't the shooter. Then some shit about the state paying like $60,000 to the witness occurred. Next thing you know he was convicted. This story was big in The Bay.

That's just a quick summary.

Just read an article about it. It's amazing his defense couldn't poke holes in that witness testimony

Very unfortunate for that dude

Feel free. The key witness originally said he wasn't the shooter. Then some shit about the state paying like $60,000 to the witness occurred. Next thing you know he was convicted. This story was big in The Bay.

That's just a quick summary.
Just read it

A better defense or hell even a decent one should've been all over that... SMH

Before I look this case up, having a black DA doesn't make you immune to crime

This isn't the case where you had a black physician and you hope they are steering you right because of your distrust of the medical profession.

I'm not absolving Kamala of wrongfully convicting this gentleman if that's what ended up happening but anyone who has ever been to court where you are in a trial between your attorney and another one has some spidey senses going off after listening to his version of the events on sentencing day.

Brb
Look here Johnny Come Lately me and Turf are from the bay, this ain't nothing new to us

You researching shit that we've known for 15 years then gone come back with some half ass cape to redeem her blackness.. a Hindu Woman married to a white man, mind you

Have at it nigga

Look here Johnny Come Lately me and Turf are from the bay, this ain't nothing new to us

You researching shit that we've known for 15 years then gone come back with some half ass cape to redeem her blackness.. a Hindu Woman married to a white man, mind you

Have at it nigga
Ok

You're from Oakland

Gold Star for you

That's all I got

Back