Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

Also..black Americans issues this election season are

reparations - the Democrats are anti-reparations

federal hate crime Bill - the Democrats gave the Asians one and ignored ours

and the stop of illegal immigration - this is the Democrats platform and what they're basing their whole agenda on

How is that "better than trump" if we're talking strictly policy ? @TheNightKing

I think that saying needs to be laid to rest

One anti black ain't better or worse than the next
That’s your opinion based on your own interests. That’s what you can’t reconcile, is that your opinion is not ubiquitous of all black people, as much as you think it should be.

As much as I would support reparations, I know it takes 218 in the house and 60 in the senate to pass any bill. If that’s not possible, why run on it?

As far as a hate crime bill, what is expected that’s not already covered by past federal hate crime bills that cover race? The Asian one simply put mechanisms in place to expedite hate crime reviews and gather data. That’s light.

Illegal immigration, a bill was introduced with bipartisan support and Trump killed it so he could run on the issue.

Other issues that affect black people, though not exclusively but many times disproportionately.

Policing protections.

Abortion rights. I don’t agree with abortion in general, but if it’s for legit reasons it impacts black women. And black woken have the highest mortality rate for births.

Tax breaks for the middle and lower class.

Voting rights, though you’d probably say this doesn’t matter.

Student loan forgiveness, for which black people hold a disproportionate level of debt.

See there are many more issues that impact black people than the ones you state, yet you think those 3 are the only ones we should care about. And we just disagree, and that’s fine.

Back