Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

Biden just announced an additional $1.3B investment in HBCUs, bringing the total since 2021 to over $17B.

russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

Screenshot_20240919_103123_Samsung Internet.jpg

Black people need help and if the government can help who they want to help with "our"/tax payers they can help black folks

Why should my tax money help out people who don't even pay taxes? Is that fair?
I have a different view on tax than most. People like to get possessive and assume ownership of “their” tax money, but the truth of the matter is tax dollars don’t belong to us. Fundamentally speaking the taxes we pay belong to them and therefore it’s not ours to decide whether it’s fair how it gets spent. Worry about how you spend the dollars in your control. lol.
Do you know that black people men and women are at the bottom? Is this a true statement or false statement?

Black folks, many of them are one paycheck away from being homeless.
I mentioned there’s a gap already, and that it’s a different problem. Also I’m less concerned with that because though we may be at the bottom as an ethnic group overall, being that its church over here my concern first then would be how much of us that are at the bottom also belong to God? I can’t always verify that part, but I don’t find us at the bottom where I’m looking among his people.

@Knock_Twice

Black Americans who care about black Americans future: the Democrats are not doing anything exclusively for black Americans so they're not getting our support

Ablackweb.com: look guys, Biden is doing some for MINORITIES and PEOPLE OF COLOR in COLLEGE! See, he's on our side, vote democrat👍🏾

I have a different view on tax than most. People like to get possessive and assume ownership of “their” tax money, but the truth of the matter is tax dollars don’t belong to us. Fundamentally speaking the taxes we pay belong to them and therefore it’s not ours to decide whether it’s fair how it gets spent. Worry about how you spend the dollars in your control. lol.

I mentioned there’s a gap already, and that it’s a different problem. Also I’m less concerned with that because though we may be at the bottom as an ethnic group overall, being that its church over here my concern first then would be how much of us that are at the bottom also belong to God? I can’t always verify that part, but I don’t find us at the bottom where I’m looking among his people.

Why does the tax dollars belong to them in your opinion?

Biden just announced an additional $1.3B investment in HBCUs, bringing the total since 2021 to over $17B.

Everybody doesn't get a pell grant. and it's dayum near impossible to get a pell's grant or any grant.

Can you explain to me where these funds go towards? Have you been on a HBCU campus? Have you seen the buildings/dorms?

Where is this money going to??

Most/Many black students who graduate from HBCUs, have debt. If the money is going to the students like the article is implying with pell grants and grants, why are there so many black students in thousands of dollar debt??

Pell Grant should keep you out of debt. It doesn't make sense.

Pell Grants are need-based awards. Although students with family incomes up to $45,000 may be eligible, most awards go to students with family incomes below $20,000.

Black families, even single black mothers are not making under 20k a year. Like I stated, Pell Grants and other Grants are hard to get. THis is a nothing burger.

Yes and I'm alumni.

They keep talking about it and "announcing" funding, but we still end up w/ the short end of the stick. We nearly 15 billion w/ funding that's been cut from HBCU's. Been happening for decades. Thankfully, during my day the HBCU was largely and overwhelmingly black. Not much white/latino/asian or these groups.

ap23242761137567_custom-1757434fdc9707bb9b75b23492732fe19a5e10a4-s1600-c85-1536x1022.webp

State-run, land-grant HBCUs are owed more than $13 billion, the White House says

Land-grant, historically Black colleges and universities have missed out on more than $13 billion they should have gotten in the last three decades or so, according to letters the Biden administration sent to the governors of 16 states appealing to them to invest more money in HBCUs.

Education Secretary Miguel Cardona and Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack sent letters to the governors of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.

But because of the discrimination and exclusion Black students faced at those schools, the second Morrill Act was passed in 1890, mandating that states either consider Black students equally or found separate land-grant schools for them, some of which included:

Alabama A&M University
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
Florida A&M University
Fort Valley State University (Georgia)
Kentucky State University
Southern University and A&M College (Louisiana)
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Alcorn State University (Mississippi)
Lincoln University (Missouri)
Langston University (Oklahoma)
South Carolina State University
Tennessee State University
Prairie View A&M University (Texas)
Virginia State University
North Carolina A&T State University

In Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina, the gap between majority-Black and majority-white land-grant institutions – including the University of Florida, Louisiana State University, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Texas A&M University and North Carolina State University – ranged from about $1 to $2 billion.

These pro-democrat accounts must think we will keep falling for that carrot on a string hustle they party got going on.

To be real, what does switching places have to do with founding black Americans get what we are owed.

Also, Israel is a world power
Because why bring up what the government does for other countries and allies who have humanitarian needs that we don’t have? As if it has anything to do with us. I’m not saying we aren’t owned anything, but I don’t even want to deal with that issue right now because it’s too multi-layered and I think the time is better spent focusing on doing what you can do with what’s given to us already. Do better with that first before expecting anything from anyone. You want assistance, well then go ask the church. The church is a resource too. And contribute there while you at it.

Lol at you trying to be factual. Come on Tay. Facts don't matter

What's your source to prove what she is saying is correct.

I said I "heard" that they were getting it. You and her says this isn't true. Drop 2-3 sources that proves that the illegal immigrants are not getting 9k

Show me what you READ that says this.

Let's me cut yo ass down real quickly, cuz I see you cheerleading and having dropped any sources that says what you and tay are saying are facts.

Nigga came in here saying, "That's right tay, what you said are facts" And haven't dropped 1 source yet.

Show me what you @BlackRain READ that states that illegal immigrants have NOT received 9k monthly.

IF IT"S FACTS IT SHOULD BE PLASTERED EVERYWHERE

Drop your sources.. with an 's'

@Disanthrope already told you that the law doesn't apply and Tay agreed with him

Last edited:
Everybody doesn't get a pell grant. and it's dayum near impossible to get a pell's grant or any grant.

Can you explain to me where these funds go towards? Have you been on a HBCU campus? Have you seen the buildings/dorms?

Where is this money going to??

Most/Many black students who graduate from HBCUs, have debt
. If the money is going to the students like the article is implying with pell grants and grants, why are there so many black students in thousands of dollar debt??

Pell Grant should keep you out of debt. It doesn't make sense.

I had a grant. It's not impossible, but you need to maintain a certain grade/average to keep the grant. I lost mine when I was a junior. The real core courses for the major is where I lost mine. Them studies will kick yo azz.

Other funding is for like the band, football equipment, uniforms, maintenance across the campus, janitorial services, etc..

Debt. Once the grants/scholarships end. Hit up Sallie Mae or come out of pocket. Thankfully, I didn't even crack the 20K ceiling with my debt. I got friends that I'm still in touch with that were in 100K debt or nearing it. And check this, the degree they got ain't worth 3 pennies rubbed together.

For example, the worst times in my dorm was them weekends. Niggas act like they ain't had no home training. This is when they would go out, get drunk/high and come back and shyt all over or throw up in the dorm bathrooms we shared. I had to walk to another wing to use a bathroom that normally was clean. That's where the janitors come in.

Because why bring up what the government does for other countries and allies who have humanitarian needs that we don’t have? As if it has anything to do with us. I’m not saying we aren’t owned anything, but I don’t even want to deal with that issue right now because it’s too multi-layered and I think the time is better spent focusing on doing what you can do with what’s given to us already. Do better with that first before expecting anything from anyone. You want assistance, well then go ask the church. The church is a resource too. And contribute there while you at it.
What the fuck

I’m out lmao

@TheKnightKing
@Ap
@Anybody

Man Somebody come look at this shit
LMAO

Nigga came in here saying, "That's right tay, what you said are facts" And haven't dropped 1 source yet.

Show me what you @BlackRain READ that states that illegal immigrants have NOT received 9k monthly.

@Disanthrope already told you that the law doesn't apply and Tay agreed with him

Shouldn't be gettin' one red cent. Let em' pull theyself up by the bootstrap.

I knew that post about HBCU’s would get y’all’s panties in a bunch, lol.

Short of reparations, what do y’all want that Democrats haven’t already proposed? Notice I said “hasn’t already proposed”.

We have a certain political system that requires a majority of the house and senate to pass legislation, so don’t come with something that was proposed but just didn’t pass.

And if your next statement is “they could if they wanted to” then that’s another topic.

If illegal immigrants have not received $9k, what evidence are you looking for? A news story that says “Illegal Immigrants Do Not Get $9k, Contrary to a Post on ABW”. 😆

It’s on the person making the claim to provide the proof.

@TheKnightKing
@Ap
@Anybody

Man Somebody come look at this shit
LMAO
All of the stuff about using what we got first before we get more? Eh, I agree we need to take full advantage of opportunities given to us, but I don’t agree that we don’t deserve more assistance until we’ve taken full advantage of those resources.

To his foreign assistance point, these other places are really fucked up. Even Israel, even if it is by their own doing.

Could you imagine living in the middle of a war zone constantly? Where a bomb could be dropped on your house at a moment’s notice? And the people who want you dead are literally right on the other side of your state border?

I think the main point is we take shit for granted in the U.S. when shit is a lot worse in some of these countries to which we give aid.

Back