Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is he overreacting or she cheating?

He said it’s a form of cheating to him so it’s cheating.

Let’s not talk about this specific case and speak In generalities.

How far does that go? At what point do we build some common sense or perspective into the ‘A person feels like X, so it’s X’ model?

As a real world example, years ago my mom was friends with this woman who’s husband would not allow her to look another man in the eyes or speak to another man because he considered it cheating. Like…legitimately.

Let’s not talk about this specific case and speak In generalities.

How far does that go? At what point do we build some common sense or perspective into the ‘A person feels like X, so it’s X’ model?

As a real world example, years ago my mom was friends with this woman who’s husband would not allow her to look another man in the eyes or speak to another man because he considered it cheating. Like…legitimately.

I think looking at someone and going on bike rides to lawd knows is completely different. One is a form of controlling and I don’t see the bike situation as that.

But I see where you going.

He sounds like person that needs therapy to get over the past issues he had in his life to be controlling.

I think looking at someone and going on bike rides to lawd knows is completely different. One is a form of controlling and I don’t see the bike situation as that.

But I see where you going.

He sounds like person that needs therapy to get over the past issues he had in his life to be controlling.

I agree. But that seems very arbitrary, don’t you think?

Because I totally see how looking/talking to a man is a whole different kinda ridiculous than letting a man take you for a bike ride.

But when it comes to cheating…I so almost no different at all in the level of ridiculous you have to be to consider looking at a man as cheating and considering letting a man take you for a bike ride as cheating.

This. I wouldn't go as far as saying just that act alone is cheating.

But if the role were reversed she wouldn't be having that shit either.

Those two statements are diametrically opposed to one another.

You stated that it's not cheating Therefore, he isn't right by saying she cheated. I dunno why small shit like this grinds my gears. But shouldn't we call things what they are? Was she out of pocket, based on the fact that he had already mentioned that this behavior made him uncomfortable? Yes.

Is this cheating? No.

Those two statements are diametrically opposed to one another.

You stated that it's not cheating Therefore, he isn't right by saying she cheated. I dunno why small shit like this grinds my gears. But shouldn't we call things what they are? Was she out of pocket, based on the fact that he had already mentioned that this behavior made him uncomfortable? Yes.

Is this cheating? No.

Wrote all that, and highlighted it.

Yet missed the "I" part

Some of yall (@mryounggun @Tayboo) sound like yall just put up with any ole thing smh. Disrespect should NEVER be tolerated

She told her husband to leave or live with it. He chose the latter. They should have been out of divorce court in 13mins flat. Trust me, I know

Explain to me how anything I've said in this thread translates in any way to me 'putting up with any ole thing'.

Some of yall (@mryounggun @Tayboo) sound like yall just put up with any ole thing smh. Disrespect should NEVER be tolerated

She told her husband to leave or live with it. He chose the latter. They should have been out of divorce court in 13mins flat. Trust me, I know
Explain to me how anything I've said in this thread translates in any way to me 'putting up with any ole thing'.

I swear I was like how did he come to that conclusion but-how-confused.gif

Me and this platonic friend that use to go clubbin had a falling out over some shit like that. We were coming out of the club ready to go home. The club was in Raleigh and we lived in Chapel Hill. That's a bout a half hour drive. She saw some biker dudes and started getting all excited. The interaction went something like:

Biker Boy: Hey come hop on. I'll take you for a lil 30 min ride.
Her: Oh yeah. I'm in. *looks at me* Wait for me.
Me: Hold on, you want to take your half drunk ass off with a complete stranger on a 30 min. ride? I don't think that's a good idea.
Biker Boy: Who is he? You gonna let him tell you that you can't ride?
Her: He's like my lil bro. He can't tell me anything. I'm going.
Me: Well, if you go, I hope that 30 min ride is back to Chapel Hill cause I'm going home.
Her: Whatever. Just wait here for me.

So of course I left and went home to crash. She called me the next day heated talking about I left her stranded and that a real friend wouldn't have done that. She didn't talk to me for like 6 months after that.
I'm sorry that happened to you, man.

supernatural-spn.gif

Me and this platonic friend that use to go clubbin had a falling out over some shit like that. We were coming out of the club ready to go home. The club was in Raleigh and we lived in Chapel Hill. That's a bout a half hour drive. She saw some biker dudes and started getting all excited. The interaction went something like:

Biker Boy: Hey come hop on. I'll take you for a lil 30 min ride.
Her: Oh yeah. I'm in. *looks at me* Wait for me.
Me: Hold on, you want to take your half drunk ass off with a complete stranger on a 30 min. ride? I don't think that's a good idea.
Biker Boy: Who is he? You gonna let him tell you that you can't ride?
Her: He's like my lil bro. He cn't tell me anything. I'm going.
Me: Well, if you go, I hope that 30 min ride is back to Chapel Hill cause I'm going home.
Her: Whatever. Just wait here for me.

So of course I left and went home to crash. She called me the next day heated talking about I left her stranded and that a real friend wouldn't have done that. She didn't talk to me for like 6 months after that.

Damn man. Being good friends with a lady can sometimes have you in those situations like... am I being a friend, a cockblocker, a hater or just prideful? For me there were a few times where the next day in my mind I was like... "ay... i might have actually saved your life last night" and I didn't get a parade or anything.

Damn man. Being good friends with a lady can sometimes have you in those situations like... am I being a friend, a cockblocker, a hater or just prideful? For me there were a few times where the next day in my mind I was like... "ay... i might have actually saved your life last night" and I didn't get a parade or anything.
for real lol. I've been in a situation like that before too...flight or fight definitely kicks in

Back