Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

Isn't BET white owned now? Man we're fuckin smh

ae83c6b5c2dbdcf1e6f58959ddf7cb38.gif

No the fuck we ain't. Better hit up BNE. lol

ae83c6b5c2dbdcf1e6f58959ddf7cb38.gif

No the fuck we ain't. Better hit up BNE. lol

lmaoo foh nigga, "we're fuckin UP" is what i meant.

And I agree, but it's not necessary to hate bruno over it lol. At the end of the day, you either like what you hear or you don't.

My first post in this thread on the 1st page is I fuck with dude's music, this really has nothing to do with it, but currently he's just the face of it.

Fact still remains!

Plus alot of the reviews to his first album was that it was too hiphop/rnb influenced.......

LMAO

According to the tweet Race posted Bruno was making "that Jason Mraz, pork pie hat, massage spa waiting room music".

So what is it? Was he always hiphop/rnb influenced or did he make a 180? LOL

LMAO

According to the tweet Race posted Bruno was making "that Jason Mraz, pork pie hat, massage spa waiting room music".

So what is it? Was he always hiphop/rnb influenced or did he make a 180? LOL

lol i aint cosign that bullshit tweet

Excuse my cynicism, but I have no faith in you super woke, uber pop critics or whatever have you on this matter.

Because if Bruno Mars WAS indeed a "pure" black man who received the very SAME success,recognition, praise,acclaim and awards....the very SAME black people screaming foul and "culture vultures" now and would
then be ridiculing & scrutinizing him calling him all types of coons,sell-outs, "good niggas etc.etc.etc Talkin' about "he ain't all dat!" Pretty much how you all do Beyonce

Why?
Because that's what a hater does. Worst yet a damn grinch. You live to steal people's joy. You'll NEVER be satisfied, it's ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING you HAVE to rebel against .e.g. bitch & whine about. You HAVE to be contrary

If anything in last month needless hate & negative reactions for the Black Panther film fully exposed this

Excuse my cynicism, but I have no faith in you super woke, uber pop critics or whatever have you on this matter.

Because if Bruno Mars WAS indeed a "pure" black man who received the very SAME success,recognition, praise,acclaim and awards....the very SAME black people screaming foul and "culture vultures" now and would
then be ridiculing & scrutinizing him calling him all types of coons,sell-outs, "good niggas etc.etc.etc Talkin' about "he ain't all dat!" Pretty much how you all do Beyonce

Why?
Because that's what a hater does. Worst yet a damn grinch. You live to steal people's joy. You'll NEVER be satisfied, it's ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING you HAVE to rebel against .e.g. bitch & whine about. You HAVE to be contrary

If anything in last month needless hate & negative reactions for the Black Panther film fully exposed this

You niggas really need to stop with the denigrating of the word "woke". It's literally the same thing as the Fox News crowd doing it with "liberal".

Liberals want a cleaner environment, reasonable health care and gun laws, free education, and the right goes apeshit at the thought of any of that. (I'm not a liberal, btw. I'm independent.)

There's nothing wrong with being a black person of a conscious mindset; aware that the fuckery in this society permeates every orifice, and looks to exploit who we are, while keeping a foot on our necks simultaneously.

I fucks wit Bruno. Dude is dope. He's talented. He pays homage to those that came before him. He, himself, actually has done nothing to have my Panther senses tingling. That don't mean that ol' boy doesn't benefit from racial ambiguity while performing black music. It's more an indictment on our society than it is the artist, imo. I feel the same way about Adele.

Some people are just fed up with the fuck shit. Why ain't Jasmine Sullivan ever get no shine? Why don't I know that Marsha Ambrosius got an album out? I'd fuckin know if Adele had an album coming out.

Some people do take the consciousness a bit to the extreme side, but I'd rather someone be like that than be apathetic.

In the end, most of us just wanna see our community and our people win because we know we deserve it.

Last edited:
I said "SUPER" woke for a reason, because a lot of black folk DO take shit TOO far trying to prove how "deep" and critical they are to...well....any and EVERYTHING that's not blacky,blacky, BLACK. Eagerly abandoning nuance, objectivity, logic ,reason and common sense

This can also apply to progressives who are "SUPER" liberal to the point they are caricatures of what tolerance and open-mindedness is

Last edited:
I said "SUPER" woke for a reason, because a lot of black folk DO take shit TOO far trying to prove how "deep" and critical they are to...well....any and EVERYTHING that's not blacky,blacky, BLACK.

This can also apply to progressives who are "SUPER" liberal to the point they are caricatures of what tolerance and open-mindedness is

I can agree with this sentiment.

And he has also openly admitted his inspiration for his last album...so this post of yours is pointless....also important to note that 24K Magic is actually Bruno's album that has sold the least amount of records...and this is th3 album that had some calling him a culture vulture....

Let me ask you this:

If you had little girls, daughters, that created something, did something, (fast blinking) I don't know I'm making shit up, but they created something, that something that they created, other black girls and boys used it. A lot of other blacks around the world use it, but it wasn't in the mainstream light. It was so call a black thing.

3-20 white girls see it and copy it or make something similar, do something similar, and they say that they were inspired by your little girls, but the white girls get all this national pub from it, get awarded etc. Kinda like how Jack Daniels has done by stealing that black man's liquor.

Now other whites, non blacks dip into this thing that was started by your girls, these other group of ppl take it and use it and gain notoriety and fame, profit, awards etc.

How would you feel? I mean they did say they were inspired by your little girls, you good wit it right?

Pretty much the white man can't jump shit. There can be a 1000 niggas who can do a 360 dunk and it's like "oh ok" , white boy does a regular dunk and he's the goat. Same shit with Eminem. No reason he should be the highest selling and most awarded rapper of alltime.
Most awarded? He definitely should not be.
Highest selling tho has got to be due to demographics. There are way more white people in america and im sure, in general, they relate to eminems music more than a gucci mane or jay z.

Its a non Black person profiting and capitalizing on Black culture

this is not hard to understand

Why?

Killmonger should have won.

Back