Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

Y’all need to understand that non blacks that make black music will always get a heap more praise than black people that make black music.

Y’all need to understand that non blacks that make black music will always get a heap more praise than black people that make black music.

From who tho?

Know why shorty ONLY brought up Album of Year and for this year only? Cuz that's the only argument she could make.

Know why she didn't use the RnB and Rap categories? Cuz she didn't have a leg to stand on.

There's been 181 RnB and Rap awards given out to date and 27 were non-black artist. 15 of them are from Eminem alone and 4 of em won cuz the sang the hook on a black artist song.

So again I ask where is all this praise coming from?

From who tho?

Know why shorty ONLY brought up Album of Year and for this year only? Cuz that's the only argument she could make.

Know why she didn't use the RnB and Rap categories? Cuz she didn't have a leg to stand on.

There's been 181 RnB and Rap awards given out to date and 27 were non-black artist. 15 of them are from Eminem alone and 4 of em won cuz the sang the hook on a black artist song.

So again I ask where is all this praise coming from?
I don’t understand? What you mean by from who? White or non black artist makes good music it gets a ton more praise than it desrserves.

No

To many blacks in hip hop that is culture vultures.

They the ones that need to be aired out

Last edited:

Technically Killmonger did win, but just not in the way many people wanted

He got his life saved by droppy eye and then saved by M’Baku

And if his sister didn’t bring the flower/fruit he would have still died.

He got his life saved by droppy eye and then saved by M’Baku

And if his sister didn’t bring the flower/fruit he would have still died.

Well that's just showed how loved and valued he was by his people....You do that for a King...a good one

Don’t matter.

They had a rule and they broke it.

His head suppose to be running down the river

There's couple threads already on this...
But I'll just quickly explain to you that in Wakanda the challenge/fight for the throne is only over when one contestant YIELD or DIE.
T'Challa did neither, which why he told Killmonger "I never yielded"

So technically T'Challa was STILL the King. Which why when he showed up again , the other Wakanadans rallied behind him. That was their King.
The ones that didn't were committing an open act of treason to their nation,regardless of what their intentions were. This one of many nuances that a lot of folks miss in the film

There's couple threads already on this...
But I'll just quickly explain to you that in Wakanda the challenge/fight for the throne is only over when one contestant YIELD or DIE.
T'Challa did neither, which why he told Killmonger "I never yielded"

So technically T'Challa was STILL the King. Which why when he showed up again , the other Wakanadans rallied behind him. That was their King.
The ones that didn't were committing an open act of treason to their nation,regardless of what their intentions were. This one of many nuances that a lot of folks miss in the film

Zuri literally stop KM from chopping his head off.

The battle is 1v1. Because if that’s the case they all should have just jumped him.

No outside help is permitted in the battle

Let me ask you this:

If you had little girls, daughters, that created something, did something, (fast blinking) I don't know I'm making shit up, but they created something, that something that they created, other black girls and boys used it. A lot of other blacks around the world use it, but it wasn't in the mainstream light. It was so call a black thing.

3-20 white girls see it and copy it or make something similar, do something similar, and they say that they were inspired by your little girls, but the white girls get all this national pub from it, get awarded etc. Kinda like how Jack Daniels has done by stealing that black man's liquor.

Now other whites, non blacks dip into this thing that was started by your girls, these other group of ppl take it and use it and gain notoriety and fame, profit, awards etc.

How would you feel? I mean they did say they were inspired by your little girls, you good wit it right?

If they're getting their recognition for i5 financially and other wise then fuck it. You can't keep people from discovering shit especially in today's world that's smaller than ever. This is also a bad example because you can't control who is and isn't influenced by your work. You're a fool to think with all the r&b artists that have existed that they would only inspire black people. Music is music. That shit reaches levels you could never imagine. So why be mad if someone sees something you've done, feels inspired by and is giving you your just due by crediting you for it? That's way different from the Jack Daniels situation where dude straight jacked the formula and the real story is just coming out now. Bruno has done interviews explicitly saying all American music is black music and there's no way to do any of it without being influenced by black artists that came before him. Should he just never sing again in order to not be seen as a vulture? Just what music exactly should he be making?

Music/spoken word is the biggest influence anybody

It can start wars or promote positive change.

Rappers that are out here telling the youth how much fun drugs are are th vultures.

And music is everybody culture. Music was started in Africa or in America.

A vulture is somebody that uses the music to promote the worst in ppl and get paid off it like these republicans with how they are dumbing ppl down and getting paid off the backs of the middle class.

A vulture would be Post Malone and ppl that tell nothing but lies in their music because their culture wasn’t that of somebody that was seeing what is going on in their neighborhood with their own eyes. It’s a difference between telling the stiri s of the Hood and telling the stories of the Hood even though you lived comfortable in a 4 bedroom home. You can’t relate and you didn’t go through any of that shit.

I never understood the vulture metaphor. Vultures eat dead things. The fact that Black music and Black culture are so heavily imitated and replicated shows that they are far from dead and very much full of life.

Back