Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

Is an 18 year old a child to you?!

• Total voters
lol so nobody is a true adult at 23 after graduating college

Yeah okay
23 is closer to true adult than 18.

But fam your brain dont even stop developing till 25 to 28.

Shit biological.

23 is young adult. Cant really compare a 23 year old to me at 34.

They can do anything a 30 year old can do besides drink.

Lol, but like I said, we don't equip our 16 to 25 year olds with resources and responsibilities, because old motherfuckers like me wanna hold on to everything, therefore we calling 21 year olds kids to hide our shame lol.

Telling them they have time to do this and time to do that.

Letting them figure shit out on their own.

Lol. Adulthood is a process that is supposed to be guided. Lol, you not supposed to become an adult with nothing but your own wits.

And that's why some people consider 18 still a child. Because in the US being an adult is also associated with being on your own independent of your family. So a 18/19 year old still living at home may not be considered an adult socially. Legally yes...but socially many still don't consider people who are being guided in those early years of legal adulthood actual adults.

Lol oh now we talking about brain shit lmao

You can’t compare you at 34 to you at 48 either

Still an adult
Idk what you arguing fam.

My 1st post said 18 year olds aint kids.

All I said was there should be something between teenager and adult. Young adult but have it actually mean something in society.

No because you can't do everything as a so called adult
Like I said...

Some people are where they need to be mentally, physically, socially at 18 some aren't but as long as I can remember that has been the baseline for entry into adulthood.

So no at 18 you are no longer a child.

It has to start somewhere, 18 has always been the society baseline for when you become an adult.

Has we all know that's just the beginning of the bullshit. But by law you're an adult. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Young adults and adults are still adults so i don’t see the point of you even bringing it up when the topic is about 18 year olds
Pre teens and todlers still kids?

Pre teens and teens still teens?

65 year olds are adults but we call them senior citizens.

Lmaooo its a designation for everything so why not have 18-25 be young adult especially when their brains arent even done growing.

And that's why some people consider 18 still a child. Because in the US being an adult is also associated with being on your own independent of your family. So a 18/19 year old still living at home may not be considered an adult socially. Legally yes...but socially many still don't consider people who are being guided in those early years of legal adulthood actual adults.

18 is considered a child because the adults around the 18 year old didn't prepare them to be an adult. That's just hiding guilt and shame because they didn't do the things required for a young adult to have a sense of independence.

The thing that Americans believe about adult and living life is that you do it alone, independently and that's never been true.

And Americans believe being adult is just being saddled with bills and debts and robbing Peter to pay Paul and hating your life.

If you are 18 to 25, and you have to learn everything on your own, nobody to mentor you, nobody to give you a hand up, nobody to coach you, you are not gonna look like an adult to so called "actual adults" that probably had to do it alone too.

But that doesn't make you a child. It just makes you inexperienced.

Pre teens and todlers still kids?

Pre teens and teens still teens?

65 year olds are adults but we call them senior citizens.

Lmaooo its a designation for everything so why not have 18-25 be young adult especially when their brains arent even done growing.

Semantics. If a senior citizen is an adult what makes a young adult a child?

This is all dumb lol.

Back