Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: THE OFFICIAL CREDIT AND HOUSE HUNTING THREAD

Houston area...base price was 339 but after the Mrs got to it and added upgrades, we're looking at 363. 4br/3.5bath, theater room, game room and an office

Houston area...base price was 339 but after the Mrs got to it and added upgrades, we're looking at 363. 4br/3.5bath, theater room, game room and an office

I keep see homes IG that would go for 350+...selling for like 230+ in areas of Texas. And I'm talkin newly built homes. Is that true?

Welp...got the ball rolling on the process of getting a new house. Well actually...the process of selling our house.

Met wit our realtor and told her my concern as far as wanting to sell our house b4 we found a new one. I was concerned about that period in b/t of possibly having to move into an apartment until we find a new home. She pretty much told..."Get Da Money".

Basically...if we sell 1st, then we'll have the cash to fall back on until we get a new house. My concern was wasting that money on renting an apartment...pod...and other shyt that could possibly eat away our money. She kinda put me at ease the more she explained it. Especially how the market is now and how interest rates rising.

Folks out here snatching up homes at ANY cost. A lot of them are even bypassing inspections on the home they're tryin to buy. Smh. Yeah I'm not taking that risk. Once we established that...she walked around the house and told us what we need to do to as far making it look presentable for the pictures.

So begins the packing up of shyt that needs to be packed away. We got until 7/7. That's when the photographer is suppose to come by and take pics so our realtor can post'em online. I hate packing/unpacking. I'm not lookin forward to this mayne.

Welp...one step closer to selling our crib. We can FINALLY go all in on finding a new one.

Welp...one step closer to selling our crib. We can FINALLY go all in on finding a new one.
Bruh good luck on finding a new place. I sold my first house last year and it took me 10 houses to finally find the one I have now. I was getting out bid by 50-100k on almost every house I tried to get. My realtor was like you may have to write a letter to the seller and that's what I did. It worked and they took my offer for 40k less than the highest bidder.

Bruh good luck on finding a new place. I sold my first house last year and it took me 10 houses to finally find the one I have now. I was getting out bid by 50-100k on almost every house I tried to get. My realtor was like you may have to write a letter to the seller and that's what I did. It worked and they took my offer for 40k less than the highest bidder.

What did you write for them to accept 40k less than the highest bidder if you dont mind sharing, or giving the general idea/premise

Man our realtor put us on game about that. Folks out here so desperate in gettin a house, they bypassing inspections. Naw...not g'on be able to do it. I need to know what I'm gettin. They also buying wit straight up cash.

She told us we gonna have to be aggressive. Especially wit the market lowering. S/o sent me PLENTY of homes to look at that get posted one minute...then pending a minute afterwards. Never heard of writing a letter tho. Interesting.

Last edited:
What did you write for them to accept 40k less than the highest bidder if you dont mind sharing, or giving the general idea/premise
Man our realtor put on game about that. Folks out here so desperate in gettin a house, they bypassing inspections. Naw...not g'on be able to do it. I need to know what I'm gettin. They also buying wit straight up cash.

She told us we gonna have to be aggressive. Especially wit the market lowering. S/o sent me PLENTY of homes to look at that get posted one minute...then pending the a minute afterwards. Never heard of writing a letter tho. Interesting.
I wrote the seller a letter sharing my story as a single father and wanting to be build a new life for my son and I. I guess homie and his wife liked it and they accepted right after reading what I wrote.

I wrote the seller a letter sharing my story as a single father and wanting to be build a new life for my son and I. I guess homie and his wife liked it and they accepted right after reading what I wrote.

that's wassup! Glad you ended up getting it in the end. Did you draft the letter and have the realtor give it to the owners on your behalf?

I never knew about writing a letter to the seller. The Raleigh market is crazy right now. The main reason is that everyone wants to live near RTP. My wife and me are getting ready to start the process of buying a home, but more than likely we will have to move way out of the Raleigh/Durham area.

Closing is tomorrow. I probably won't be relieved until I see the paperwork officially signed.

After that, the 2nd half of the process...finding a new home.
Best time to find a crib.
It’s going to get better soon too.
I close on mine the 22nd. Certain posters already bullying me.

Officially sold the house Friday. Afterwards we went with our realtor to look at house. Maaaaannnn...this was the PERFECT house. Had everything wanted. Look. Space. This was it...so we thought.

Went to the basement and saw it had MORE space wit ANOTHER room. At this point I'm ready to say "I want this". But then our realtor noticed the basement floor was dipping. Possible structural issues. Backyard has a dip as well. After that she suggested we pass.

Said it's not worth the money of having A structural engineer come out to look it. B/c if there is issues that need to be fixed...we lookin at least 50k. Smh. Went to another area but I already knew it wasn't a "diverse" area. Passed on the house.

Journey continues.

Officially sold the house Friday. Afterwards we went with our realtor to look at house. Maaaaannnn...this was the PERFECT house. Had everything wanted. Look. Space. This was it...so we thought.

Went to the basement and saw it had MORE space wit ANOTHER room. At this point I'm ready to say "I want this". But then our realtor noticed the basement floor was dipping. Possible structural issues. Backyard has a dip as well. After that she suggested we pass.

Said it's not worth the money of having A structural engineer come out to look it. B/c if there is issues that need to be fixed...we lookin at least 50k. Smh. Went to another area but I already knew it wasn't a "diverse" area. Passed on the house.

Journey continues.
Salut youngin.
Take your time and negotiate, this is a buyers market,

Put a offer in on a house we liked yesterday. Buyer went wit a better offer. Can't front...a brotha feel just a tad dejected. Move in ready. Good neighborhood. Close to the area we're currently at now. Thought this could be it. Smh.

BUT...the search continues.

Welp if all goes well pending inspection and appraisal...I'll be 2X homeowner.

Found a home that has potential. We initially put an offer in, but the sellers talmbout they wanted to wait. ON TOP OF THAT...the offer was sent the night b4. Sellers also was talmbout they was at work and haven't had the time to look at it

tumblr_oevt0qBSUI1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

So...our realtor told THEIR realtor she was pullin back our offer. Mainly b/c she didn't want us to get locked in waiting for them lookin for other offers. Especially if we were to find another home. She wasn't about to play them games. Lol!

That was yesterday morning. By that afternoon...they accepted our offer. BUT...the weight isn't lifted until we put pen to paper and everything is OFFICIALLY signed.

Back