Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: THE OFFICIAL CREDIT AND HOUSE HUNTING THREAD

Great info in this thread and congrats to all present and future homebuyers. Can we post info in this thread about: Flips, AirBnB, Rental properties?

Great info in this thread and congrats to all present and future homebuyers. Can we post info in this thread about: Flips, AirBnB, Rental properties?

Since its my thread...hell yeah. I don't see why not.

I'm definitely wanna learn more about flippin homes, and reselling.

I don’t know anything about AirBNB but I am part of a group that is working on our 3rd flip and I can tell you before you start either be a very handy person or employ one. Also build something for the perspective buyer not yourself. We learned a lot after the 1st one. Also understand your target market. A single man doesn’t want the same things a family of 4 wants. Staging is everything. Try to also have a conscious. There are shortcuts that you can take but don’t have to. Also flips are like selling herb don’t try to make the same profit margin as selling pills or coke. That doesn’t mean you can’t make a nice amount but you will very rarely double your investment unless you do horrible work and overcharge people on the house. But always remember unless you are using an LLC for every flip your reputation will proceed you.

Anybody interested in using a house / condo as a short-term corporate rental can try the following:

Avenue West
Oakwood Housing

Here is an email I got from an Avenue West person regarding a rental property and my current home. (both would be fully furnished) that are about 7 miles away from the airport in ATL. My wife and I went ahead and changed our my mind because you have to sign a 1 year lease agreement with them and you would still be on the hook for expenses / mortgages, etc if its vacant. She told me that 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom condos in the right location are easier to stay occupied due to companies covering the cost of their employee (for example traveling nurses on a 6 month assignment, employees on a 2 week training assignment, etc) Insurance companies mostly provide single families with short term rental houses due to their main home being repaired for fire, flood or mold damage, etc

"Thank you so much for sending the photos! We also had a chance to go to the neighborhood and get a feel for the area. We do think this will work as a corporate rental. The properties will rent at $3750 and $4000 (subject to furnishing). Please run your numbers with an 80% occupancy and then the management fee is 20%, so you will get $3000 and $3200 per month when occupied. You will need to factor in the costs for the utilities, cable phone and Internet as well as yard maintenance. Please let me know if you need assistance with the numbers or if you need anything else from me. I hope we have the opportunity to work together"

finally found this damn thread lol

anyway, in the process of buying another home

i've found like 3 that are perfect, but they are in designated flood zones

nah b

Anyone familiar with owning/managing rental properties and tenants?

Specifically having a rental property outside of the state you're currently in and advice on things to look for in finding good property managers and things like that.

I don't think I got the patience to deal wit tenants. I just wanna flip a house...sell it...move on to the next one

Yeah man the light fixture we had up had to go. I think when they renovated the house, they just bought the same light fixtures for all the rooms.

Wasn't expecting to get one for the dining room but glad we did.

How long them joints take you to put up?

lol damn shame it took us waaaay longer than it should have.. we had a whole debate about having it hang or have it flush to the ceiling.. brothers father in law and our pops started going back and forth about the wiring n shit.. Me and my bro was getting irritated with the peanut gallery but we go the shit done eventually lol

How long them joints take you to put up?

lol damn shame it took us waaaay longer than it should have.. we had a whole debate about having it hang or have it flush to the ceiling.. brothers father in law and our pops started going back and forth about the wiring n shit.. Me and my bro was getting irritated with the peanut gallery but we go the shit done eventually lol

I wanna say maybe an hour & half.

The 2nd one was giving us a problem b/c the ground wire wasn't coming out all the way. Then I kept droppin the damn screws when I was puttin the blades on. Lol.

Back