Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: THE OFFICIAL CREDIT AND HOUSE HUNTING THREAD

very informative, you can skip to 20:00 mark or listen to the whole thing

This is true wish I knew this earlier in life

check this out errrrrrbody

ASK A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS

• Dont be afraid to walk away if you want something done by the current homeowners and they making it seem like you're being difficult.

• check floodplains for the area...might not be an issue where you lay, but here?? they say you not in a flood zone, until your home is 4 ft under water

• Check drainage. Again, might not apply to you, but i had no idea the backyard had no where to drain water, so it pools after heavy rains making it difficult to cut grass after a day or so b/c its so muddy

• check the attic thoroughly

• check the age of the AC unit. Mine currently is about 16 yrs old, but to my surprise, it is in pretty damn good condition and is pumping a lot of pressure throughout the house

• Look into American Home Shield. I'll explain more in detail if you want, but basically, you can get plans that cover the replacement of certain appliances in the event they go out, and even if you have to pay a deductible, its still cheaper than you paying full price to replace stuff.

• I dont think you having kids anytime soon lol, but check local school districts.

• check property taxes

i'll add more as i think of them

My s/o hairdresser and her husband bought their house a couple of months b4 ours, and their basement got flooded last year. Apparently the neighborhood they live in is a flood area. But I don't think they knew how bad until we had a downpour, and the basement flooded.

They're STILL tryin to recover from that. Now she wants to move outta house.

sold house on July 23rd

moved in with parents july 24th

made an offer on house August 1st

close on house August 31st

MOOD_20180803_144246.jpg
20180803_170456.jpg

New fridge.

Ok I think I'm done with big purchases for the house...sorta.

Last edited:
sold house on July 23rd

My girl tryin to selling hers back home but keeps running into roadblocks.

Chick had a buyer but the NACA company they were going pretty much stopped them from gettin it. Issue after issue to the point where the buyer got fed up and backed out. No fault on my girl's part tho. Hell the buyer was willing to rent just so they can move in. Smh.

Had a another buyer after that...NACA again. Contractor tried to get her to tear open the floor upstairs to see if there was water damage, b/c it was a lil uneven. That's how the house was built. Her realtor flat out told them no. So house back on the market again.

Shyt is prime location..ESPECIALLY for military folks. Naval base down the 5-10mins down the road. High school is 5mins walkin distance b/c it right next to the neighborhood. Convenient location. So I'm positive she'll get it sold

sold house on July 23rd

Couple lessons here imo

1. Never have too much pride to move back home for one month or one year

2. Never be that parent that kicks your child out at 18 or doesnt allow them back at any time to do better for themselves.

My girl tryin to selling hers back home but keeps running into roadblocks.

Chick had a buyer but the NACA company they were going pretty much stopped them from gettin it. Issue after issue to the point where the buyer got fed up and backed out. No fault on my girl's part tho. Hell the buyer was willing to rent just so they can move in. Smh.

Had a another buyer after that...NACA again. Contractor tried to get her to tear open the floor upstairs to see if there was water damage, b/c it was a lil uneven. That's how the house was built. Her realtor flat out told them no. So house back on the market again.

Shyt is prime location..ESPECIALLY for military folks. Naval base down the 5-10mins down the road. High school is 5mins walkin distance b/c it right next to the neighborhood. Convenient location. So I'm positive she'll get it sold

Update: She finally got her house sold last month. Glad she got that financial burden lifted.

Started the process lookin for a new house. Need the space man. The key things I'm looking for...

- walk in pantry
- master bathroom wit walkin shower and garden tub
- his & her bathroom sink...I need my space
- 2 or 3 story...upstairs and a basement (optional)
- good size backyard

what's a garden tub? one of them joints that sit in the middle of the room instead of near the wall?

Still house hunting. Found a potential. But owners wanna close 5/24 the same time they close on their new home.

Buying isn't the issue. It's selling our home w/n that time frame.

Back