Inside Tyler Perry Studios' Grand Opening Gala

I find it interesting yall have all this energy for TP and his films(crappy as they may be)... but dont say shit about music tho...

Most folks can tell with a movie or a tv show that theres an ACTOR telling/playing a story... with music... people really believe the shit these rappers are spittin

I don't think anyone doubts the influence music has over people.

tenor.gif
Every so often you see people pay homage to my genius...... You'll get it one day

His movies are written to intentionally play on their fears and emotions; they resonate with his core audience. They walk out of the theater emotionally charged and that's what brings them back; they "feel" like they got something out of his movies and then act on those feelings.

Hood niggas saw Menace, New Jersey Drive, and shit like that and was like Wee bay

giphy.gif

Those flicks literally gave them a blueprint to follow. Same for these Black folks that love TP's flicks.

So you think his shitty films carry more influence with people than say... them actually seeing a real life person that looks like them going from homeless, to owning their own studio that is successful and employs large amounts of people that look like you and your fam in a thriving industry?

No blueprint there to follow huh?

This sound personal as hell cause I sure you don't have research, data, or stats to back any of this up

Just anecdotal shit. I've heard enough stories about dudes gettin side-eyed by their TP loving s/o, quoting or referencing parts of a movie in relation to something he did. Shit, one cat I worked with had his wife accuse him of having a whole side-family after she watched Diary... 'cause dude was on travel a lot as required by the project he was on. It was bad enough that she demanded that he take her on business trips or she would leave him.

• Haha
Reactions: Maywood
@konceptjones U wasting ya time

Shoutout to Perry for the Studio

But that nigga Is Horrible Behind that Lens

Nigga Got a Decade Of Trash on his Resume , Lol @ getting behind somebody just b/C they Black

Quality over Everything
We can walk and chew gum fam. The studio shit is fly and a good look. Bruh makes terrible movies. One dont have to be false for the other to be true.

Just anecdotal shit. I've heard enough stories about dudes gettin side-eyed by their TP loving s/o, quoting or referencing parts of a movie in relation to something he did. Shit, one cat I worked with had his wife accuse him of having a whole side-family after she watched Diary... 'cause dude was on travel a lot as required by the project he was on. It was bad enough that she demanded that he take her on business trips or she would leave him.
............was he cheatin tho?

:hahaha:

Every so often you see people pay homage to my genius...... You'll get it one day

First of all you didn't know what point you wanted to argue in that BP thread.

Second outta all the points you "tried" to make none of them was about how certain film(s) was detrimental to the black community. Black men in particular.

• Haha
Reactions: SeaSnake and AP2.5
So you think his shitty films carry more influence with people than say... them actually seeing a real life person that looks like them going from homeless, to owning their own studio that is successful and employs large amounts of people that look like you and your fam in a thriving industry?

No blueprint there to follow huh?

CLEARLY nobody is following that blueprint ''cause if that was the case we'd have far more bootstrap-type success stories in the Black community outside of TP and a handful of others. It's easier to see something on screen that's you relate to and apply it to your own life even in situations where it doesn't fit; and since most people only follow whatever path is easiest they're going to do just that.

CLEARLY nobody is following that blueprint ''cause if that was the case we'd have far more bootstrap-type success stories in the Black community outside of TP and a handful of others. It's easier to see something on screen that's you relate to and apply it to your own life even in situations where it doesn't fit; and since most people only follow whatever path is easiest they're going to do just that.

Fair... so you dont see how a BLACK-OWNED studio... with black producers, directors, actors etc could potentially put out stories other than black suffering, hood shit and things like that?

Having that kind of control over our own stories allows for much more diversity on how we are portrayed in film/media. We can at least agree on that no?

Reactions: AP2.5
Fair... so you dont see how a BLACK-OWNED studio... with black producers, directors, actors etc could potentially put out stories other than black suffering, hood shit and things like that?

Having that kind of control over our own stories allows for much more diversity on how we are portrayed in film/media. We can at least agree on that no?
Kinda like Ti fixing homes in the hood he helped destroy bit it's all good now.
But what about the crack head uncle who lost his way?

Fuck even nino have out turkeys.

First of all you didn't know what point you wanted to argue in that BP thread.

Second outta all the points you "tried" to make none of them was about how certain film(s) was detrimental to the black community. Black men in particular.
First of all..... This is hearsay

You don't know what the fuck I be thinking...

:whatitdo: