Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inside Tyler Perry Studios' Grand Opening Gala

All this tells me is you watch them movies too

:cont:

If he's anything like me, I checked 'em out to support a Black man doing it in Hollywood. But once I started noticing his reoccurring themes and portrayals of Black men, I couldn't support him anymore.

If he's anything like me, I checked 'em out to support a Black man doing it in Hollywood. But once I started noticing his reoccurring themes and portrayals of Black men, I couldn't support him anymore.
You steady gettin mad at the portrayal of black men as if the portrayal of black women is top notch. Nobody looks good in his movies and shows. And the amount of ppl that take his shit seriously is not even discussion worthy and being blown outa proportion. This thread is the last 6 pages of you and Dos saying shit 99% of black america already knows. The movies are bad and the furthest thing from a good representation of real life. What else. Lol

Last edited:
I like homies come up story but damn near despise all of his movies and shows. If he starts banging out content that's on the level of a The Wire or Power he will own Hollywood.

I know people who love everything he makes also so my opinion probably in the minority

yall still with me?

cuz i got some question that may need its own thread.
not its clearly an age gap here.
alot of yall didnt grown up in the dating ear where men and shit and the others are gay.
this is what was perpetuated from oprah and then to tyler.

Tyler not only being a man playing a woman made success look like you had to do the rumored black man in a dress to succeed.....and it looked to be true.
then some of his movie shitted on black men, and at time dark black men. and helped push the you dont need a man.....submit to the lawd and he will deliver you what you need ...a better man angle. all under the guise of church and the grandma.

that poisoned alot of minds.
but yall already know my stance on that.....and i cant say i didnt try to constantly support him hoping he can show me something to have me root for him.
yes i watch his movies and went to see him speak in NOLA.
I gave him a fair chance and wont turn my back and cancel him yet but he has done damage and he knows it.

but because his the first black man to have a studio...ok good for him.....but guess what......ill wait to see what he does with it.

and this brings me to the redemption.

it seems like redemption or passes are given out because of what is supposed to be excellence.
while this is that to a certain extant.....what had to be done to get it.

if we can look past it and say...we'll i dont see what he did and i am proud of him now....then we have to look at other and why they are not in the same orbit as this.

its always hows likes that gets praised.

you youngins need to keep ya traps shut...you lil niglets dont know what hurt your community.
there are different types of abuse. and programming and predatory behaviors.

yall need to read up on homie before yall make that cake.

yall still with me?

cuz i got some question that may need its own thread.
not its clearly an age gap here.
alot of yall didnt grown up in the dating ear where men and shit and the others are gay.
this is what was perpetuated from oprah and then to tyler.

Tyler not only being a man playing a woman made success look like you had to do the rumored black man in a dress to succeed.....and it looked to be true.
then some of his movie shitted on black men, and at time dark black men. and helped push the you dont need a man.....submit to the lawd and he will deliver you what you need ...a better man angle. all under the guise of church and the grandma.

that poisoned alot of minds.
but yall already know my stance on that.....and i cant say i didnt try to constantly support him hoping he can show me something to have me root for him.
yes i watch his movies and went to see him speak in NOLA.
I gave him a fair chance and wont turn my back and cancel him yet but he has done damage and he knows it.

but because his the first black man to have a studio...ok good for him.....but guess what......ill wait to see what he does with it.

and this brings me to the redemption.

it seems like redemption or passes are given out because of what is supposed to be excellence.
while this is that to a certain extant.....what had to be done to get it.

if we can look past it and say...we'll i dont see what he did and i am proud of him now....then we have to look at other and why they are not in the same orbit as this.

its always hows likes that gets praised.

you youngins need to keep ya traps shut...you lil niglets dont know what hurt your community.
there are different types of abuse. and programming and predatory behaviors.

yall need to read up on homie before yall make that cake.

All this, but bottom line is if you don't feel the same about all the other movies/tv shows that paint black people in a bad light then.....

giphy.gif

fuck you up....and i talk shit about them too.

yall niggas just inconsistent.
\
hoe

We ain't the one being inconsistent.

You've lived the the Power thread from the IC to here and it's protagonist is a murderous, adulterous, drug lord. Where was all this "they painting black men in a bad light" bullshit from you all these years?

:popcorn2:

Just say you don't like dude, even if it's for no reason at all. It would be a better excuse then the BS you been spewing for the last 9 pages.

We ain't the one being inconsistent.

You've lived the the Power thread from the IC to here and it's protagonist is a murderous, adulterous, drug lord. Where was all this "they painting black men in a bad light" bullshit from you all these years?

:popcorn2:

Just say you don't like dude, even if it's for no reason at all. It would be a better excuse then the BS you been spewing for the last 9 pages.
down goes pralims

down goes pralims

but wait ...hes up on 8.
give me the smelling salts...im bout to fuck him up.

Power is a show.....1 show over seasons.
the characters have depth and development.
the only one on the show that looks bad is Tasha. and she dont make black women look bad. only the ones that like her.

Now if the person who made power constantly put out shit like that I would have a problem with it.\

lets not act like i be talking shit in other threads....niggas was coming for my head in the jay thread and the nipsey thread for talking about their histories...

it aint about disrespect. but i saw the shit over time......you dude are surface with it...and thats ok.

All guests were then given a tour of the 330-acre studio and each of the 12 soundstages, all named after iconic African American legends in the industry: Cicely Tyson, Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Will Smith, Halle Berry, Denzel Washington, Spike Lee, Ruby Dee, Ossie Davis and Diahann Carroll.

Personally when I read that list of names, its wild how much everyone else overshadows Halle Berry.

And reading yall argue reminded me of the Tyler Perry & BET Boondocks episodes that got both of them angry and had pulled off the air. I'mma rewatch them again so i can laugh.

links incase anyone wants to see them

Power is a show.....1 show over seasons.
the characters have depth and development.
the only one on the show that looks bad is Tasha. and she dont make black women look bad. only the ones that like her.

Now if the person who made power constantly put out shit like that I would have a problem with it.\

lets not act like i be talking shit in other threads....niggas was coming for my head in the jay thread and the nipsey thread for talking about their histories...

it aint about disrespect. but i saw the shit over time......you dude are surface with it...and thats ok.

lol shut the hell up Dos. Everybody on that show is a piece of shit & you know it! By your logic they been making the black community look bad for 6 seasons lol

Let's not even start with the years of damage to the community caused by 50 cent from his music and movies as well right?

lol shut the hell up Dos. Everybody on that show is a piece of shit & you know it! By your logic they been making the black community look bad for 6 seasons lol

Let's not even start with the years of damage to the community caused by 50 cent from his music and movies as well right?
Yeah I stopped reading after "Tasha the only bad person on the show"
f both of yall.

tired of you nigga....post ya addresses.....

Back