Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-16-24

Pick A Team

• Team Black

• Team Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who said next season gon take 2 yrs? Did yall forgot stuff was goin on in the world that delayed this season
Ever since they found out they could do every other year instead of every year starting with Game of Thrones in bout season seven or 8 a lot of major shows make us wait basically two years.

pre Covid we only got Got and Westworld every other yr

Not sure what my post has to do with the original post about it being the finale, but this was just my speculation. Iā€™ve not read any books or any related content thereof.

I do think theyā€™re setting him up for either eventuality.

I personally think conscripting Ulf is a mistake and they should remove his rider rights immediately.

Although I like the set popping up, they need to stop leaning so much into this Song of Ice and Fire talk. I know itā€™s probably a major point in the book, but this is the show thatā€™s a prequel to the GOT show and it just keeps reminding us how shitty it was. And more importantly that the prophecy ainā€™t mean shit in the end.

They should have re-wrote the whole prophecy for the show to make it make since in this TV universe.
That's the thing though. A song of ice and fire and the price that was promised had nothing to do with this story in the books.

This story is supposed to be about family, tragedy and unchecked ambition

That's the thing though. A song of ice and fire and the price that was promised had nothing to do with this story in the books.

This story is supposed to be about family, tragedy and unchecked ambition
Ah, so they are actually shoehorning mentions of Ice and Fire to tie it to the TV series more?

Yeah they could have just not done that, lol. Why are they incessant on mentioning it knowing the conclusion was not received well at all?

Well, in fairness, the story in the book isn't that long

You can sit through the audiobook in one work shift

It's on youtube
I've read it. The book still encompasses many generations. Though I actually liked the first half more than the 2nd half that the show is based on lol

I was bored during this part of the book lol

So why the fuck was the point of Rhae Rhea making out with her prostitute spy? That was so fucking pointless.

Why the fuck did Helena help Daemon in a dream after he had her son brutally murdered.

The sheer stupidity of the female pirate queen.

Rhaena running around aimlessly, drinking frog water while trying to find a wild dragon.

Fuck, I take it back. This was bad television.

This whole season was a dick tease to the highest order:

Daemon out here getting high as hell every episode
Rhy-Rhy scared to leave Dragonstone
Corlis not knowing what to do with his family, bastards and all
The stupid broad Alicent realizing she's got NO power and being a massive hypocrite while her grandson was getting his head sawed off
Jace going full MAGA at the end of S2
Aegon's dumbass rushing into battle and getting roasted by his own brother

Shout out to Aaemon for the only one being bout that action out here...

and RIP to the Queen That Never Was.
GR7xjajWMAAiAM1

My take is season 2 was anticlimactic with episode 4 being the highlight of the season.
That episode apart this season has been mostly trash. The showrunners have no clue about pacing. Rhaenyra is the worst protagonist of both GOT and HOTD so far, which is a big fuck up becauae young Rhaenyra had the makings of one of the best.

The secondary characters are also weak.
The Hound, Brienne, Oberyn, Baelish, Varys, Olenna just to name a few. These characters were as good as the protagonists and gave GOT depth. We don't even have one equivalent to them in HOTD.

Setup episodes are understandable, setup seasons are unforgiveable. This finale legit pissed me off.

That episode apart this season has been mostly trash. The showrunners have no clue about pacing. Rhaenyra is the worst protagonist of both GOT and HOTD so far, which is a big fuck up becauae young Rhaenyra had the makings of one of the best.

The secondary characters are also weak.
The Hound, Brienne, Oberyn, Baelish, Varys, Olenna just to name a few. These characters were as good as the protagonists and gave GOT depth. We don't even have one equivalent to them in HOTD.

Setup episodes are understandable, setup seasons are unforgiveable. This finale legit pissed me off.
Man you just took me back to a better time. There were some dope ass characters in GOT.

Add Tormund, Ramsey, Melisandre, Lyanna Mormont, etc. All great characters with such different motivations and development.

Back