Welcome To aBlackWeb

Homophobia in the black community, or gay agenda? The effeminization debate

imma say this and i'm done on this cuz i wanna get to this billing i need to have done by the end of this week....

i'm a 6ft 270 pound black man......

its always in my best interest to go out my way to appear as less threatening as possible, because they absolutely will kill me if they fear me.......

and that's how many black men live their lives, and it is a very bitter reality to accept....so when you see these attempts to make the black man look less threatening and less masculine.....it bothers you....

especially when you point it out, and no one buys it....

i don't find shit funny about men dressing as women.....i think mrs doubtfire is the most disturbing movie in the history of the world if you apply it to real life

if my sister called me like her ex-husband was dressing up as a woman to spend time with my niece and nephew.....we might have to kill that nigga....like real talk....

so that too bothers me when they stay throwing men in dresses, and shit like that.... like naw man.. don't make me do that shit....it ain't cool.....but whatever....keep thinking it's a reach

only those who see it understand it,

you being seen as threatening has nothing to do with Black men and women.

it has to do with white peoples dangerous ideas on Blackness.

Black women, men, and child are gunned down in the street by police because of white peoples fears of Blackness.

we are seen as older (tamir rice), stronger (eric garner), aggressive (sandra Bland) than we really are.

maybe you need to take that up with white folks and instead of taking it out on your gay black brothers and sisters DU.

and I say this with so much love as possible

If this was a cac saying this about black people or interracial couples you'd call him racist but you got it du
not at all, he's entitled to his beliefs....

i think it's absurd to think people aren't entitled to their biases...

they force feed interracial couples in the media as well.... and tons of people don't like it....

Joe west however had a black exwife and a black current love interest...outside the gay shit, they've been doing him justice....

not at all, he's entitled to his beliefs....

i think it's absurd to think people aren't entitled to their biases...

they force feed interracial couples in the media as well.... and tons of people don't like it....

Joe west however had a black exwife and a black current love interest...outside the gay shit, they've been doing him justice....
This is great and all but when you air your beliefs out, don't run from the criticism that they incur

If this was a cac saying this about black people or interracial couples you'd call him racist but you got it du
cacs love talking about the multicultural agenda every time a commercial shows a black person as the main character.

black visibility is threatening to them.

now gay visibility is threatening to masculine sensibilities? y is ur masculinity threatened by sexual minorities getting representation. they aint gonna give u a disease called The Gays.

so ur goal is for them to go back to being seen as deviants who r unacceptable? the visibility of certain ppl is a problem to u. how is that not pushing 4 intolerance?
wtf????

that's sadistic as hell!!!

no there ain't no goal to it....i'm just making a social commentary. I don't like unnecessary gay being included in everything just for the benefit of making that community happy......

it kinda stands out in an obnoxious way and it bothers me....

like 24...i actually like that gay angle cuz it's heavily integrated into the story, and it seems natural....like whoever was writing it, took consideration to make this not just a throw away thing....it shows gays in the media and does it justice....

making joe west gay just cuz......

wack juice

So yall say we will never understand how homos feel , then turn around and tell us how we need to handle our plight as black men lol

Man stfu

wtf????

that's sadistic as hell!!!

no there ain't no goal to it....i'm just making a social commentary. I don't like unnecessary gay being included in everything just for the benefit of making that community happy......

it kinda stands out in an obnoxious way and it bothers me....

like 24...i actually like that gay angle cuz it's heavily integrated into the story, and it seems natural....like whoever was writing it, took consideration to make this not just a throw away thing....it shows gays in the media and does it justice....

making joe west gay just cuz......

wack juice
i agree it shld be natural with the storyline/character n not for the sake of representation but that cld go for anything.

ur wording that u don't like it being "forced into acceptance" was suspect tho, cuz why is acceptance a bad thing? doesn't mean u tryna do gay conversion therapy cuz ur accepting who sum1 is. just acknowledging that what they eat don't make u shit.

cacs love talking about the multicultural agenda every time a commercial shows a black person as the main character.

now gay visibility is threatening to masculine sensibilities? y is ur masculinity threatened by sexual minorities getting representation. they aint gonna give u a disease called The Gays.
People are insecure af, this is what makes me a misanthrope. Like sometimes I think "damn, even after all of the shit we as a people have been through, we still have these underlying problems with feminism, homosexuality, and masculinity." Like if we of all people struggle with those things, how is the rest of humanity gonna deal with them. It fucks with my hopes for humanity.

People are insecure af, this is what makes me a misanthrope. Like sometimes I think "damn, even after all of the shit we as a people have been through, we still have these underlying problems with feminism, homosexuality, and masculinity." Like if we of all people struggle with those things, how is the rest of humanity gonna deal with them. It fucks with my hopes for humanity.

I have to agree josh.

well when they are actively trying to convert the perception of the black male from strong and intimidating to gay and flamboyant it absolutely is a direct attack on our masculinity....

they not trying to replace white people with black people in media they just want to show more black faces....

they are however trying to make black men less and less aggressive....that's why i was so hurt when they made micheal jai white soft..

why niggaz was hurt when they made wesley gay, when they made ving rhames gay....

like that shit hurt....

if a dude is a gay dude from the jump, and that's just his thing...okay.....like no body was really mad about omar, cuz omar was gay off the break, and still did gangster shit.....and other characters were still allowed to talk about him being gay in a realistic way......

there's a difference, and when it's apparent it stands out..

for crying out loud i've read over 20 anne rice books.....there's tons of gay shit going down in those books too, but it's not just thrown in there to appease people, it's legit engrained in the characters

i agree it shld be natural with the storyline/character n not for the sake of representation but that cld go for anything.

ur wording that u don't like it being "forced into acceptance" was suspect tho, cuz why is acceptance a bad thing? doesn't mean u tryna do gay conversion therapy cuz ur accepting who sum1 is. just acknowledging that what they eat don't make u shit.
i like to talk in examples as much as possible...
when they samuel jackson became nick fury, a traditionally white character....

i legit understood the outrage, and i ain't even say shit....then dude owned the role, and they changed the race in the comics to match the movies....

so yea... it was an outrage, but they made it work......and i felt it was justifiable.......

but when they just do shit to do shit.....
man like how the old black ranger was the black kid and the yellow ranger was the asian kid......like....shit like that? that's just fucking crazy

yo i been to places where folks recently recovered from genocide n they still had the nerve to use slurs on the minorities that live with em.

struggle don't make ppl sympathize with other struggles. if anything, it makes them confident in their right to marginalize others.

if a dude is a gay dude from the jump, and that's just his thing...okay.....like no body was really mad about omar, cuz omar was gay off the break, and still did gangster shit.....and other characters were still allowed to talk about him being gay in a realistic way......
see, I can understand wondering y they changed a character from their origins for seemingly no reason.

but seeing the growing repesentation of lgbt black men as an attack on your masculinity, I can't get with that. i aint a man tho so.

well humans as a whole are really insensitive when it comes to accepting cultural differences....

so it's kinda annoying when people are trying to prove they're overly acceptant of everything....it's just not realistic and often proves to be an shallow attempt at being progressive....

aka

bushitting

well humans as a whole are really insensitive when it comes to accepting cultural differences....

so it's kinda annoying when people are trying to prove they're overly acceptant of everything....it's just not realistic and often proves to be an shallow attempt at being progressive....

aka

bushitting
nah b, the "humans r inherently tribalist" line is used by the more intellectual racists to justify their distaste for us. i'm not comparing racism to all the other isms but "i'ts ingrained in us to be this way" really is the same justification used.

the plight of the gay will never be the same as the black man

Homosexuality is being shoved down our children's throats and it's sickening. Every new show on TV has to have a fanga snapping gay character nowadays smh. Oddly enough those characters are taken as "minorities" and that take jobs away from actual minority characters
kids shows don't have affirmative action in the recruitment stage b.

see, I can understand wondering y they changed a character from their origins for seemingly no reason.

but seeing the growing repesentation of lgbt black men as an attack on your masculinity, I can't get with that. i aint a man tho so.
like i don't know about you, but i was saying earlier my niece is a bit of a tom boy.....

but she not gay...she likes boys....

but cuz gay is cool now, people stay trying to make her gay, but she's not...she just a tom boy..

shit's frustrating as hell, because gay is dominating the spectrum of personalities.....so as a man you almost have to b hyper masculine(what yall call homophobic)...or people will write you off as gay......which is fuckign retared.. but i promise you accurate as fuck

i literally had people think i was gay because i was too friendly.....

me.....as fucking abrasive as i am.....on more than one occasion had people think i was gay cuz i was too nice.....

shit's ridiculous bruh

Back