Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

I googled what influenced raggae and wiki says “Reggae's direct origins are in the ska and rocksteady of 1960s Jamaica, strongly influenced by traditional Caribbean mento and calypso music, as well as American jazz and rhythm and blues.”

Then I looked in articles and they said the same thing.

And if chanting and toasting are the same the main pioneer said he was influenced by black American Jive talk

This is chanting. The houses of Rastafari

be that as it may

black people still made their way to the Americas long before Columbus or anyone of his ilk
Depends on what we’re calling black,but I mean from Africa directly.

There are dark South Americans ,natives and etc as dark as any of us

The black ppl in North America who aren’t foreign are the descendants of African slaves

Idk who these mystery niggas was chilling in “ The New World” pre slavery

Understood and from what I read and from what Jamaicans said themselves on videos the origin of toasting and chanting is still rooted in Black American Jive talk.

I'm multitasking between this and work so if I miss something my apologies but what do you mean by Black American jive talk?

I'm multitasking between this and work so if I miss something my apologies but what do you mean by Black American jive talk?
Jive talk is a mix of slang and curse words and a way of speaking and like street talk that morphed into being performed by ppl like cab Callaway who were Mcees at clubs and later was used by DJs and still is kind of the structure of why radio DJs tend to talk fast and rhythmically.

It’s a pre cursor to rapping and kinda related to playing the dozens or what is now known as ethering somebody

Jive talk is a mix of slang and curse words and a way of speaking and like street talk that morphed into being performed by ppl like cab Callaway who were Mcees at clubs and later was used by DJs and still is kind of the structure of why radio DJs tend to talk fast and rhythmically.

It’s a pre cursor to rapping and kinda related to playing the dozens or what is now known as ethering somebody
🤔Never heard jive turkey used in patois

The sound system wasn't influenced by Black Americans, the sound systems played American R&B, SKA, Rocksteady and then Reggae. You are confusing the two.

The sound system wasn't influenced by Black Americans, the sound systems played American R&B, SKA, Rocksteady and then Reggae. You are confusing the two.
No Im not the Jamaicans in that video said they got the idea of the sound system from Black Americans playing music over PA Systems.

"The Origins of Sound Systems
Early Sound Systems were created by Jamaicans who were moving back and forth from the USA in the 1940's and 50's. They were influenced by the R&B bands playing through PA systems at New York block parties and they made the idea their own by generating homemade rudimentary Sound Systems."

No Im not the Jamaicans in that video said they got the idea of the sound system from Black Americans playing music over PA Systems.

"The Origins of Sound Systems
Early Sound Systems were created by Jamaicans who were moving back and forth from the USA in the 1940's and 50's. They were influenced by the R&B bands playing through PA systems at New York block parties and they made the idea their own by generating homemade rudimentary Sound Systems."

That's the exactly the same source you cited previously. You got other supporting documents?

That's the exactly the same source you cited previously. You got other supporting documents?
No it’s not.The last one was a Marley something site and this is another site.

idk why that would matter though?

I’m sure Wikipedia says the same thing.

I think you’re under the impression that I did some kind of Yankee man trickery but all I did was Google “was Jamaican sound system influenced by black Americans?”

I just copied the first things that came up

I’m not handpicking specific sites to make an argument
IMG_1794.png

Last edited:
lol bruh

I'm not sayin all that

very simply

there were West Africans who sailed to the Americas long before Columbus brought slaves
That’s what I’m talking about.

The black ppl we are and meet everyday ain’t no mystery niggas who was already chilling in Kansas pre slavery

Back