Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

A nigga says some shit that’s wrong and gets all types of reactions then I show proof they’re not correct and it’s crickets.

Just to be clear ,Yes sound systems in Jamaica came from them coming to America and seeing black Americans using PA systems to play RNB music in NY at block parties and shit.

Ska was influenced by Jazz ,bebop and New Orleans rnb along with Jamaican,European ,and African music

Raggae was influenced by RNB .

Dancehall was in part influenced by hip hop along with other genres.

Toasting and chanting was influenced by Black American jive talk.

No they did not create hip hop but many of them were involved in hip hop early on .

And I stands on it

A nigga says some shit that’s wrong and gets all types of reactions then I show proof they’re not correct and it’s crickets.

Just to be clear ,Yes sound systems in Jamaica came from them coming to America and seeing black Americans using PA systems to play RNB music in NY at block parties and shit.

Ska was influenced by Jazz ,bebop and New Orleans rnb along with Jamaican,European ,and African music

Raggae was influenced by RNB .

Dancehall was in part influenced by hip hop along with other genres.

Toasting and chanting was influenced by Black American jive talk.

No they did not create hip hop but many of them were involved in hip hop early on .

And I stands on it

Sounds plausible.

LMAO Biggie was a Jamaican "tether" by these people's metrics. Sometimes you just gotta let these fools do their thing and chuckle. They don't really give a shit about black people they just want to justify why they're miserable.
Biggie style came from he used to go back to jamaica and watch the performances n shit

@Loch121 u a struggling ass rapper Whats your end game bruh?? How much you made off yo shitty career bruh? Question i wanna kno. Shit even youngnoble dusted yo ass on your own shit goofy. U should go watch some dancehall performances or listen to some of the music u might learn one two for failing rap career u got .

Last edited:
@Loch121 u a struggling ass rapper Whats your end game bruh?? How much you made off yo shitty career bruh? Question i wanna kno. Shit even youngnoble dusted yo ass on your own shit goofy. U should go watch some dancehall performances or listen to some of the music u might learn one two for failing rap career u got .
My music career has nothing to do with this conversation.

There is no end game besides the truth and facts.

It’s not an attack on Jamaicans or Latinos.

Idk why you jumping out the window taking some shit personally like I personally attacked you?

I stated my sources .Nothing I said is just my opinion. It’s backed up by facts from articles to videos.

I posted videos of Jamaican musicians backing up what I said.

I find it funny when somebody pops out shitting on my music career when they don’t agree with me.

I’m just an artist and fan who loves hip hop music.

Either way it doesn’t change the fact that black Americans made hip hip.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
That joint is from 1990 though

That's just an example of the chanting that was being done in the early days of Reggae.

The Wailers recorded this in '73 but this is just one of the Rasta Reggae chants that was being done during the early stages of Reggae.

Reggae music entered the scene in 1968, retaining the basic rhythmic structures of the popular styles that preceded it. This included the syncopated snare drum and hi-hat pulse of ska, the swaying guitar and bass interplay of rocksteady, along with the continuing influence of mento and the Nyahbinghi drumming tradition.

Last edited:
Some of these FBA 'activists' stay insulting Africans and other non-American blacks on Twitter all day.

Yes some of those FBA are stupid to me.
Especially when it comes to New Orleans and it's connection with Haiti.

They will not acknowledge Haitians connection with New Orleans.

I've shown them facts and like Joseph Savary and other freeman Haitians that fought for the Battle of New Orleans.
It's no getting through them.
No matter how much evidence you show 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yes some of those FBA are stupid to me.
Especially when it comes to New Orleans and it's connection with Haiti.

They will not acknowledge Haitians connection with New Orleans.

I've shown them facts and like Joseph Savary and other freeman Haitians that fought for the Battle of New Orleans.
It's no getting through them.
No matter how much evidence you show 🤷🏽‍♂️
It's pretty common knowledge I thought

The Louisiana purchase

Pretty common knowledge?

Oh nah.... I thought so as well but nope.

Haitians had a big influence on New Orleans with Jazz as well but ima leave that alone.🤷🏽‍♂️
You don’t have to leave it alone .

It's facts over feelings to me.

Idk enough about Haitian’s connection with N.O. jazz but I could see descendants of the ppl who were there being pivotal to the music made there.

Last edited:
Back