Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

this a goofy ass convo imo. How bout we wrestle back control of distribution and ownership from those OTHERS that control it right now instead of crying about who was the first muhfucka to pop lock
Those things are correlated , though.

Us wrestling “back control of distribution and ownership from those OTHERS that control it right now” has EVERYTHING to do with “who was the first muhfucka to pop lock”, as you put it.

We create something, everybody else eats off it.

It goes way deeper than “pop-locking”, but I’m sure you know that.

Puerto Ricans were part of creating the culture, they were at the epicenter when it started. It is a black art form, but the Ricans were there too. Both things can be true, he ain’t saying is a Puerto Rican art form. He saying, they helped create it, as they were in proximity to its creation and took part in it.

Hip-hop/Rap music doesn’t even sound Caribbean, that shit sounds Black American ass fuck 😂 🤣🤣. Most of the samples they were using was from other Black American genres and artists that came before Hip-hop/Rap . Sampling Black American artists like James Brown , Isley Brothers , Parliament, Issac Hayes , The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Barry White , Stevie Wonder, The Jacksons etc

The only reason Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans are tossed into this conversation of being part of the creation of Hip-hop/Rap in The Bronx cause of living close proximity to Black Americans in the Bronx.

Let’s put on our thinking caps for a second , you’re telling me a group of people( Black Americans) who created all of these other genres of music needed help creating Hip-hop/ Rap 🤣 when it’s just using elements like rapping ,a lyrical type of expression that no other race was using until Black Americans started doing it. You can see early signs of breakdancing in the 1950’s of Black American in suits doing crazy ass moves on Black and white television.

Genres of music Black Americans created
Blues
Soul
Jazz
Doo-wop
Funk
Rock n Roll
R&B
New Jack Swing
Bluegrass
House music
But Black Americans needed help creating Hip-hop/Rap, which is just borrowing elements and songs from old genres created by Black Americans 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hip-hop/Rap music doesn’t even sound Caribbean, that shit sounds Black American ass fuck 😂 🤣🤣. Most of the samples they were using was from other Black American genres and artists that came before Hip-hop/Rap . Sampling Black American artists like James Brown , Isley Brothers , Parliament, Issac Hayes , The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Barry White , Stevie Wonder, The Jacksons etc

The only reason Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans are tossed into this conversation of being part of the creation of Hip-hop/Rap in The Bronx cause of living close proximity to Black Americans in the Bronx.

Let’s put on our thinking caps for a second , you’re telling me a group of people( Black Americans) who created all of these other genres of music needed help creating Hip-hop/ Rap 🤣 when it’s just using elements like rapping ,a lyrical type of expression that no other race was using until Black Americans started doing it. You can see early signs of breakdancing in the 1950’s of Black American in suits doing crazy ass moves on Black and white television.

Genres of music Black Americans created
Blues
Soul
Jazz
Doo-wop
Funk
Rock n Roll
R&B
New Jack Swing
Bluegrass
House music
But Black Americans needed help creating Hip-hop/Rap, which is just borrowing elements and songs from old genres created by Black Americans 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol who said black americans needed help? You and the doof.

Yall having a whole argument with yourselves that nobody is making a case for

we all love hip hop bro

ima windmill spin kick one of you niggas in the face just cuz yall wanna be outraged for no reason. we got bigger shit to worry bout fam

damn.....some of yall really dont like jamaicans and ricans uh huh

The internet let black people know that black folks in other countries don’t have the highest views of Black Americans. Now niggas in this ADOS and FBA shit because some black immigrants are conservative. And then we found out Latinos don’t always fuck with us so we think they all deny their blackness till it’s cool.

Add in that we don’t like learning about other cultures unless it’s negative. We all know hip hop is American as hell

And let be real i don’t think any Jamaicans or Puerto Ricans by large are saying they made hip hop.
The first thing I said to myself when I clicked on this thread. Just bcuz a few people have an opinion about something doesn't mean that they are right or it's a majority accepted opinion.

Last edited:
I'm just here to see a bunch of youngsters from East Bumblefuck tell KRS of all people that he's wrong about how he recounts the origins of Hip Hop culture because it doesn't fit their narrative.

If you listen to what he's saying it's just facts. There really shouldn't be an argument about that.

I say all that to say... I'm not going back 6 pages to look for it but no KRS-One disrespect will be tolerated on my watch.

And that goes triple for Chuck D.

The internet let black people know that black folks in other countries don’t have the highest views of Black Americans. Now niggas in this ADOS and FBA shit because some black immigrants are conservative. And then we found out Latinos don’t always fuck with us so we think they all deny their blackness till it’s cool.

Add in that we don’t like learning about other cultures unless it’s negative. We all know hip hop is American as hell

LMAO Biggie was a Jamaican "tether" by these people's metrics. Sometimes you just gotta let these fools do their thing and chuckle. They don't really give a shit about black people they just want to justify why they're miserable.

It's possible that they both played a role. But I really don't know.

On a related note, why do the FBA folks on Twitter sound so crazy?

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
One reason I used to believe this was either from a lie or from me remembering something wrong but a long time ago I remember seeing a Jamaican Dancehall artist talking about how they used samples and I assumed they were doing that before rap Music was doing it.

I thought we got the block party from
Them and the whole speaker set up with the turntable but all that tech was American made.

Jamaicans visiting and working here got that from us and took that back home.

I think I kinda assumed the heavy bass lines and rhythms influenced hip hop but it was us influencing them.

If they influenced hip hop that much we would have started sampling raggae first or old Jamaican RNB

Even Herc said he was doing what the black American NYers was doing and not influenced by his Jamaican roots at all.

That's bullshit, stop it.

Back