Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

Neither do I

Juneteenth has zero to do with Africa

It's exclusively a black American holiday and it's not celebrated as such just like hip hop isn't acknowledged as an exclusively black American creation. Get it?

What Africans have taken Juneteenth? What Caribbeans have stolen from our culture? You’re making up beef and being divided mentally and that’s part of the white plan. You want to be king of niggas and not come up. Bitch shit

Bruh if I want to say African American or Black American it’s literally the sane thing. Black people come from Africa. Internet shit
It’s not.

Not at all.

It’s nothing African about most of us here. Were several generations removed from west Africa.

I’m American. Not African.

It’s not.

Not at all.

It’s nothing African about most of us here.

I’m American. Not African.

Black people come from what continent? If you say somewhere other than Africa I’ll give you some credit. If we all American racism wouldn’t exist right?

Black people come from what continent? If you say somewhere other than Africa I’ll give you some credit. If we all American racism wouldn’t exist right?
Lmao.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Not one bit.

Racism has nothing to do with where your great great great great great great grandparents was from.

Just stop

Lmao.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Not one bit.

Racism has nothing to do with where your great great great great great great grandparents was from.

Just stop

Black people came from Africa. Irish folks can say Irish American. Italians Mexicans Caribbeans. But not us.

If we go deeper Black people throughout the world get the same treatment. We admit every day how easily divided we are. It’s cool if you prefer black over African. Just know this division that dis is on is not for the race

Black people came from Africa. Irish folks can say Irish American. Italians Mexicans Caribbeans. But not us.

If we go deeper Black people throughout the world get the same treatment. We admit every day how easily divided we are. It’s cool if you prefer black over African. Just know this division that dis is on is not for the race
They really don’t. They only use where their ancestors are from when convenient

We been here longer than most of them by wide margin.

We have no connection with Africa besides physical features. We are Americans.

Djimon Hounsou is AA
Trevor Noah is AA

We are Americans and that’s okay.

this a goofy ass convo imo. How bout we wrestle back control of distribution and ownership from those OTHERS that control it right now instead of crying about who was the first muhfucka to pop lock

It's not a goofy ass convo.

It's only goofy when other ethnic groups try to steal the culture of people who built the country and the people that built the country set up boundaries.

Then it's all about getting unified to get the White man.

Lol, I bet if Black Americans started claiming Afrobeat and Reggae because it was influenced by Motown and Jazz music, there would be riots.

• Dislike
Reactions: GNS
Bruh if I want to say African American or Black American it’s literally the sane thing. Black people come from Africa. Internet shit

Black people don't come from Africa.

Many Africans that moved the West have stated that they didn't know they were Black until living in the West.

Blackness is what happens to you when you are under the gaze of White folks and your Africanness has been ripped from you so you create a bastardized version of it using European culture mixed with a homogenized African culture.

Black Americans have always been a fusion of Europe and Africa.

Those of us in the West are Black and Black Americans don't come from Africa. We are a new group of people, we come from America.

this is all @Revolver Ocelot fault got this goof thinking im actually a foreigner lmao

dave-chappelle-laughing.gif

If a Jamaican guy throws a party and everybody at the party is from The Bronx then Hip Hop started in The Bronx.

And we're just talking about that first party. There were hundreds, if not thousands of Hip Hop parties in The Bronx and Harlem in the 70s leading up to the release of Rappers Delight.

Hip Hop started in The Bronx. It's an American thing with a lil West Indian spice.

Back