Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

funny how bringing up valid talking points == deflection to you. Just say you dont have a rebuttal and stfu then
Nigga you don't have a rebuttal. I'm standing for something, you are not as usual

I mean that's pretty much the basis of our 7 year interaction right. I stand for something. You as a tether, do not and you think it's okay. Then you end your sentence with "who cares " "shrug" or "meh"

You know why you used to think this? For the same reason we call ourselves African-American/minorities/black and brown/people of color. For the same reason why Juneteenth is lumped in with pride month and Caribbean heritage month and becomes Africanized. It's because the descendants of slaves are not allowed to have shit to ourselves. Everybody feels entitled to dilute us somehow. This happened across the board because we allowed it
One reason I used to believe this was either from a lie or from me remembering something wrong but a long time ago I remember seeing a Jamaican Dancehall artist talking about how they used samples and I assumed they were doing that before rap Music was doing it.

I thought we got the block party from
Them and the whole speaker set up with the turntable but all that tech was American made.

Jamaicans visiting and working here got that from us and took that back home.

I think I kinda assumed the heavy bass lines and rhythms influenced hip hop but it was us influencing them.

If they influenced hip hop that much we would have started sampling raggae first or old Jamaican RNB

Even Herc said he was doing what the black American NYers was doing and not influenced by his Jamaican roots at all.

Therein lies the problem. Giving us our due makes certain people feel insecure

Look at the meme @Blue_London posted in here, before the lie he told, talking about "I've been praying for this to happen". Huh?? He's been praying for people to lie on black American culture??? What have we done to him to make him feel that way? Why does he care more about diaspora chaos than the truth? That's tether 101. These are the people we have to be black with...for now.
Are black folks that don’t live in America tethers?
I thought it was just non ADOS FBAs that were born or live in America.

Also are Malcolm X and Luis Farrakhan tethers? Both have West Indian heritage.

Lol at the pic up top of KRS One and Fat Joe. But yeah hip hop is black American created. Did others in the diaspora play a part? Yes. But there are no Rican Rican and Jamaicans that started it. I think Kool Herc gets the credit because he’s specific parties were used to document an official start.

Nigga you don't have a rebuttal. I'm standing for something, you are not as usual

I mean that's pretty much the basis of our 7 year interaction right. I stand for something. You as a tether, do not and you think it's okay. Then you end your sentence with "who cares " "shrug" or "meh"
That man from Jersey lol

How in tf is he a tether 😂

Are black folks that don’t live in America tethers?
I thought it was just non ADOS FBAs that were born or live in America.

Also are Malcolm X and Luis Farrakhan tethers? Both have West Indian heritage.
Tether an action word. It's a word that describes an off code immigrant or person from an immigrant background, it doesn't mean immigrant.

It's said in a REACTIVE way

you cant have a single interaction on here without tryna get personal. Goofy childish behavior.

We can acknowledge there are some folks tryna take more credit for the creation of hip hop than deserved. Fair.

We can also acknowledge that hip hop wasnt created 100% by all black americans. lol this isnt some outlandish ridiculous statement to make.

End of the day Its black culture overall and we all love it.. (well some of us here dont love it anymore lol) and contribute to it in different ways

We can also acknowledge that hip hop wasnt created 100% by all black americans. lol this isnt some outlandish ridiculous statement to make.
YES IT WAS

YES IT IS

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about this is tethering you cannot give us our credit.

Hip hop is a 100% black American Creation with no help from Puerto Ricans or Jamaicans or any other people

If you don't acknowledge that you're an OPP

Last edited:
YES IT WAS

YES IT IS

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about this is tethering you cannot give us our credit.

Hip hop is a 100% black American Creation with no help from Puerto Ricans or Jamaicans or any other people

If you don't acknowledge that you're you're an OPP

lol if you use more caps lock maybe itll become true one day.. doubt it tho

lol if you use more caps lock maybe itll become true one day.. doubt it tho
So you're going to disrespect the pioneers from microphone check who say nobody else was around

They said nobody else was around

:sayit:

Back