Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

Lmao certain posters clearly have something wrong with them and you are there clowning them shame on you
Don't say shit when black Americans delineate in under 10 years. We'll be known as our own ethic group apart from y'all disrespectful tethers. Y'all don't respect the brotherhood. We're tired. Keep trolling and lying and giggling

never said that. I said theres bigger battles to fight
Not in THIS thread. Make another thread for that

I see a lot of niggas from other countries shading the origins of a black American culture. That's the only battle I see

You dont get to dictate whats talked about in this thread nigga lol foh

Enjoy the rest of ya day tho bruh. I think we're done here. Stop tryin so hard

Keep this same energy in the future "black Americans are their own ethnic group" thread. Don't play dumb or act surprised

I believed this for a long time until I found out the real history
You know why you used to think this? For the same reason we call ourselves African-American/minorities/black and brown/people of color. For the same reason why Juneteenth is lumped in with pride month and Caribbean heritage month and becomes Africanized. It's because the descendants of slaves are not allowed to have shit to ourselves. Everybody feels entitled to dilute us somehow. This happened across the board because we allowed it

You know why you used to think this? For the same reason we call ourselves African-American/minorities/black and brown/people of color. For the same reason why Juneteenth is lumped in with pride month and Caribbean heritage month and becomes Africanized. It's because the descendants of slaves are not allowed to have shit to ourselves. Everybody feels entitled to dilute us somehow. This happened across the board because we allowed it
I have no problem with black people’s connection to their African roots

Hip Hop would exist without Puerto Ricans.

Can Puerto Ricans make the same claim about Black Americans?

We gotta stop it with this “everybody’s invited to the cookout” mentality.

There’s nothing wrong with celebrating our differences.

Black Americans are just built different.

What’s wrong with admitting that?

#TheyNotLikeUs

I have no problem with black people’s connection to their African roots
Neither do I

Juneteenth has zero to do with Africa

It's exclusively a black American holiday and it's not celebrated as such just like hip hop isn't acknowledged as an exclusively black American creation. Get it?

I know I said I was done but you do realize that caribbean folks are also descendents of slaves right? The diaspora is massive. You seem like you want to create separation where theres a common thread that cannot be ignored

I know I said I was done but you do realize that caribbean folks are also descendents of slaves right? The diaspora is massive. You seem like you want to create separation where theres a common thread that cannot be ignored
STOP. That's a deflection from the point inori and you know it

The point is Black Americans are always being diluted and you are a contributor to that

You're in here telling me Origins don't matter but they arent your Origins...hello!

Black Americans are just built different.

What’s wrong with admitting that?

#TheyNotLikeUs
Therein lies the problem. Giving us our due makes certain people feel insecure

Look at the meme @Blue_London posted in here, before the lie he told, talking about "I've been praying for this to happen". Huh?? He's been praying for people to lie on black American culture??? What have we done to him to make him feel that way? Why does he care more about diaspora chaos than the truth? That's tether 101. These are the people we have to be black with...for now.

STOP. That's a deflection from the point inori and you know it

The point is Black Americans are always being diluted and you are a contributor to that

You're in here telling me Origins don't matter but they arent your Origins...hello!

funny how bringing up valid talking points == deflection to you. Just say you dont have a rebuttal and stfu then

Back