Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Hasn't Done Anything Good For Black People

So you acknowledge the government has used things such as drugs to undermine the black community but you don't think it's possible people are using rap/hiphop to undermine the black community as well...

Aight.

Y'all are in extremes

Nobody here has said Hip-hop doesn't influence vices and negative behaviour within the 'black community' ... But even for research purposes can YOU personally even provide proof or statistics to show that the culture contributes heavily to societal decline?

You been insinuating you're fed up with the discussion but keep showing up here though

lol bruh so the 60s and 70s never happened? Because plenty of the artists our parent listened to were in drugs and came from communities with drugs. And this was in all genres rock music was heavy with it. And it was looked at as cool.

Shit we all thought D.A.R.E. Was corny but it was made because drugs are looked at as cool

Nah none of that shit existed before hip hop apparently. And black people were better under Jim Crow and shit

lol bruh so the 60s and 70s never happened? Because plenty of the artists our parent listened to were in drugs and came from communities with drugs. And this was in all genres rock music was heavy with it. And it was looked at as cool.

Shit we all thought D.A.R.E. Was corny but it was made because drugs are looked at as cool
This some lying ass shit.

Name 4 drugs that’s was looked as cool in 90s

You’re going to say weed and then you will stop there.

Y'all are in extremes

Nobody here has said Hip-hop doesn't influence vices and negative behaviour within the 'black community' ... But even for research purposes can YOU personally even provide proof or statistics to show that the culture contributes heavily to societal decline?

You been insinuating you're fed up with the discussion but keep showing up here though
No one in here has said hiphop contributes heavily to societal decline but there is violence as a by product of the same negative behaviour you agree is influenced by hiphop. I don't need any statistics. Music shouldn't ever compliment violence and death and niggas shouldn't be so desensitized to it.

Before the 90s cocaine was looked at as cool in the 60s folks did heroin. You not gonna talk about all the lsd the hippies used to do?

And hip didn’t even think being dope head was cool until recently
Naw. You definitely don’t know older folks.

That shit was never cool

Just like y’all not around the youth enough.

It’s okay though, y’all speaking on it from an adult POV

I’m out

That shit was never cool

I’m out

Bruh all the crackheads are older for a reason man lol

Again rock music for years said drug use was cool music artists for years abused drugs. Are we gonna say they weren’t looked at as cool? Bruh you literally refuse to read or study anything regarding history and black people period.

The argument is y’all think as far as social impact that hip hop is the worst. But no stats or proof just opinions and life experience

No one in here has said hiphop contributes heavily to societal decline but there is violence as a by product of the same negative behaviour you agree is influenced by hiphop. I don't need any statistics. Music shouldn't ever compliment violence and death and niggas shouldn't be so desensitized to it.

If you referring to these hoodrats snitching about murder on records about their opps and whatnot... How large is that a problem within the industry? Miniscule

Music is a form of entertainment like:

Film
Theatre
Gaming

All the three aforementioned all include and in some cases violence, destruction and death... More especially film

A lot of Hip-hop artistry is actually derived from film (Scarface for example)

Y'all are in awe of them John Wick flicks which I wince at sometimes watching but Hip-hop music is the grandfather of physical violence in entertainment huh?

That shit was never cool

I’m out

I got uncles who were addicts/dealers who were in and out of prison throughout my youth. Late 80s throughout the 90s.

My uncle Lil Jon from 92 Hoover, was one of the biggest dealers in South Central LA, copped directly from Freeway Rick.

They was outside before hip hop. It started sometime before…

If you referring to these hoodrats snitching about murder on records about their opps and whatnot... How large is that a problem within the industry? Miniscule

Music is a form of entertainment like:

Film
Theatre
Gaming

All the three aforementioned all include and in some cases violence, destruction and death... More especially film

A lot of Hip-hop artistry is actually derived from film (Scarface for example)

Y'all are in awe of them John Wick flicks which I wince at sometimes watching but Hip-hop music is the grandfather of physical violence in entertainment huh?
I never said hiphop is the grandfather of violence. Tf are you talking about? And enough with the whataboutism. I'm not talking about those other industries I'm talking about this one. I don't have to talk about 5 different industries or races to validate anything I'm saying in here.

I never said hiphop is the grandfather of violence. Tf are you talking about? And enough with the whataboutism. I'm not talking about those other industries I'm talking about this one. I don't have to talk about 5 different industries or races to validate anything I'm saying in here.

The point in bringing up those other industries is to show you it’s not exclusive to, or a product of, any one industry but as a matter of human condition.

All these things are going to exist, because humans are humans

Ok then...

Which then goes back to my original argument who are the people or organisations that make Hip-hop artistry that promote violence and murder to the masses? And not positivity and growth?

It sure ain't me broski ...

I have no idea why they keep trying to push that narrative in here.

Niggaz thinking we'll have pious gospel type artistes in all of Hip-hop music and no negativity is pure fallacy...

Be mad at 'the machine' ... B

The point in bringing up those other industries is to show you it’s not exclusive to, or a product of, any one industry but as a matter of human condition.

All these things are going to exist, because humans are humans
No one said it doesn't exist in those other industries tho so all I'm seeing when you guys do that is an excuse for justification of fucked up behavior and practice.

Niggas have died over rap lyrics. That's not a matter of the human condition it's a matter of conditioned humans.

Ok then...

Which then goes back to my original argument who are the people or organisations that make Hip-hop artistry that promote violence and murder to the masses? And not positivity and growth?

It sure ain't me broski ...
I've alluded to that and those people. @SeaSnake will tell you cause he tried to say the same thing. Try again.

Back