Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Hasn't Done Anything Good For Black People

If those things you want to keep dismissing as individual achievement aren't able to be part of hip hop then why do you insist on touting the failures as part of hip hop? That's not an accurate comparison at all. It's a distorted one that leans towards your pov.

If your opinion is that it's one of cultural values then you're also not being accurate in accounting for the multitude of different cultures even amongst Black people that encompass those who consider themselves a part of Hip Hop culture. Debating who has a higher view of Black people is pointless because it can't be quantified, but you're the one who has been harping on the deficiencies amongst young Black kids while others have been highlighting how many thrive in spite of their circumstances and do that partially or more through hip hop as a medium.

Some of us are saying "despite the hardships many seem to find a way. And some use hip hop as a vehicle." That's shift in cultural norms would still have to be expressed and spread in some way. And the fact that you acknowledge that a shift in cultural norms can happen means you should be able to see that hip hop ain’t the problem. It's the values of people as a whole that need changing. Eliminating or minimizing the influence of hip hop wouldn't change peoples mentality because hip hop ain't the cause of that. Life in general is. Change people circumstances and you can change their mentality. You know where you see that happen alot? Hip Hop.

You mentioned entrepreneurship as a value of hip-hop culture. What else are the values in your eyes?

I mean folks have answered and said RAP aint a culture to them.

What do YOU think rap culture is then?
Right now as of 2024 rap culture is mainly the promotion of violent and selfish behavior

The culture has shifted too far to the side of terrible values.

We need balance

Right now as of 2024 rap culture is mainly the promotion of violent and selfish behavior

The culture has shifted too far to the side of terrible values.

We need balance
Yeah we're gonna constantly be getting into a semantics battle

I totally understand what you're saying. I just don't identify it as culture

This is why l was saying, y’all point of view makes total sense if when we say “Hip Hop” y’all are imagining “rap music”.

Nobody is making the case that people are hearing songs and going to crash out.

This is why l was saying, y’all point of view makes total sense if when we say “Hip Hop” y’all are imagining “rap music”.

I have been in clubs and vibe was great. Lil John “I don’t give a fuck” came on and shit got violent lol.

Music definitely dictates the atmosphere at events

seems like yalls issue is with the rappers then.

Producers and beatmakers are apart of hip hop culture..do yall feel like they are impacting the community negatively?

I have been in clubs and vibe was great. Lil John “I don’t give a fuck” came on and shit got violent lol.

Ive been in the same situation and aint shit happen....Sure music can dictate the mood to some extent but you and I both know... niggas that wanna fight are gonna find an excuse to fight no matter the soundtrack.. Fights can break out while slow jams and rnb are playing too 🤣

The amount of cop outs is disgusting. And who knows what these niggas I have on ignore have been saying.

I think this is exactly what Dwayne has been saying

Shiiiiit you ain’t lying, I just wasn’t even tryna take it there 😂. We all know music can motivate and that motivation ain’t always positive.

But for the sake of argument I’m sure the next case is gonna be that what you consume doesn’t affect your psyche or subconscious in anyway.

Back