Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Hasn't Done Anything Good For Black People

Lmao

Not sure why you can’t understand the simple concept of “most rap music is bad and promotes negativity”

Very simple statement that can’t be argued against

But you sure is giving it your best shot.

I understand your point I just don't agree with it. Don't confuse the two concepts. I just think your all or nothing stances are short sighted and lack nuance. Especially with the example you used. Something not being suitable for kids doesn't automatically make it bad or mean it needs to not be around. You used Sexxy Redd as an example as if there's not kid friendly rap music with themes specifically for children. That's where your example fails.

Bruh I think by now we all know about social ills and scarcity and stuff . Dwayne and ttbf will counter with many of our parent grew up with way less and our grandparents and the violence amongst each other was not the same level as today. I do think crime was probably much worse in the 80s.

Look I love rap and I don’t think it’s the worst thing ever. But rap been around 50 years and a lot of folks in there 40s think this generation of 20 years olds are dangerous asf. Why is that? We talk about gender wars but what genre made notches ain’t shit but how’s and tricks.

And I know y’all can bring up common and mos def types and that’s valid but we know who the most popular acts are.

At the bolded, that sounds like a bad BET movie edit.

"NOTCHES ain't shit but how's and tricks. Bow wow.".

Snoop-Dogg-7.25.23_969-1.jpg

I literally seen y’all talk about how influential rap is and how they always “jacking our style” but all of a sudden it’s not influential when it comes to the violence, drug using and overall terrible that it promotes.

Nobody have to uplift anything, but you dont get a pass because 90% of rap promote violence and terrible behavior

Completely made up stat pulled right out ya ass, but let’s roll with it…

90% of the food we eat is processed garbage.

“Food is bad for the human race.”

This the simplistic surface level thinking yall on right now. But I get it. It’s much easier to say “food is bad” and blame McDonalds for your being obese, rather than regulate/moderate the type of shit you shoveling into your mouth.

What country music and heavy metal did for the white community?

What mariachi did for the Mexican community?

What K-pop did for the Korean community?

Why is our “community” the only one demanding our entertainers uplift our communities?
Yall still missing the point. No one is looking for a path for rap to uplift the community as much as we're telling you a lot of it is detrimental and takes away from the community with little to no reprieve. None of those genres have artists killing eachother over the music.

I literally seen y’all talk about how influential rap is and how they always “jacking our style” but all of a sudden it’s not influential when it comes to the violence, drug using and overall terrible that it promotes.

How many niggas rap music cause you to murder? Because dare I say 95% of the niggas I grew up with who listened to gangsta rap never let one off on anybody.

And I literally grew up with a nigga who IS a killer. And it wasn’t no rap song that flipped his switch.

This the simplistic surface level thinking yall on right now. But I get it. It’s much easier to say “food is bad” and blame McDonalds for your being obese, rather than regulate/moderate the type of shit you shoveling into your mouth.
Now you're just debating in bad faith lol.

You're literally making up stats and stances nobody said to defend your pov. You're self imposed distorted lense is a very weak point in your argument.

Yall still missing the point. No one is looking for a path for rap to uplift the community as much as we're telling you a lot of it is detrimental and takes away from the community with little to no reprieve. None of those genres have artists killing eachother over the music.

That you know of… but there’s plenty of drug use, rape, theft and other deviant behaviors tho.

Is it the fault of the music, or is it the capacity for human beings to just be really shitty people at times?

How many niggas rap music cause you to murder? Because dare I say 95% of the niggas I grew up with who listened to gangsta rap never let one off on anybody.

And I literally grew up with a nigga who IS a killer. And it wasn’t no rap song that flipped his switch.
Just because it doesn't effect you negatively doesn't mean it doesn't have a negative influence or message.

How about this then?

For every positive song you drop Ill dropped 10 that’s negative. I bet my 90% hold up.

Funniest shit is the people who really are into that life typically don't like the media that portrays it whether it's music or movies. And that's across any group. They usually deem it as being too fake or over the top and not realistic to the real realities that come with that life and those decisions.

That you know of… but there’s plenty of drug use, rape, theft and other deviant behaviors tho.

Is it the fault of the music, or is it the capacity for human beings to just be really shitty people at times?
Both. Multiple things can be true.

In your own words, a couple people said rap music has positively affected them so if that’s true, how can rap not negatively someone else

What country music and heavy metal did for the white community?

What mariachi did for the Mexican community?

What K-pop did for the Korean community?

Why is our “community” the only one demanding our entertainers uplift our communities?

Good point tho. I personally don’t like that shit. I don’t even care when rappers get into politics because they don’t know wtf they talking about.

Back