im sorry, but this sounds like some 1950's stuff

If you both are honest enough with yourselves, and honest with each other, budgeting for this easily avoids this

The idea that men automatically are the head of the household is a bit 1950's too, isn't it?

:icu:

The idea that men automatically are the head of the household is a bit 1950's too, isn't it?

:icu:

well, my pov has always been the man should have a vision for his family. I am in no way saying that just because he is the man that what he says goes.

Of course there is nothing wrong with it, as long as both sides are happy.

To add to it, I believe the opposite applies too, meaning if a woman makes too much less than a man, she loses leverage too. For example, SAHMs are often told to have a contengency plan for this exact reason. The good news is when a couple are in a loving and happy relationship it won't make much of a difference.
What about balance? I think the person who takes care of the home has just as much power as the person that makes the most money. I love my son more than cooked food but I could not do what my wife does with him as often as she does. I most definitely can't cook,clean or make a house a home the way she does. As a matter of fact I would say if all things were equal she has the same potential to make as much money as I do. It would be hard but she could if she had the time. Power is not monetary. I know we live in different times but people stayed married longer when the roles were defined. There was a better balance.

Reactions: AP2.5
What about balance? I think the person who takes care of the home has just as much power as the person that makes the most money. I love my son more than cooked food but I could not do what my wife does with him as often as she does. I most definitely can't cook,clean or make a house a home the way she does. As a matter of fact I would say if all things were equal she has the same potential to make as much money as I do. It would be hard but she could if she had the time. Power is not monetary. I know we live in different times but people stayed married longer when the roles were defined. There was a better balance.
I get what you're saying rasta, but people also stayed together longer cause it was customary to do so back then.

well, my pov has always been the man should have a vision for his family. I am in no way saying that just because he is the man that what he says goes.

I agree with the second sentence.

Your household sounds like many around me and it's goals. I would like to be a SAHM for a few years myself and I don't mind sacrificing some of my earning potential for the sake of our family. I trust bae, and I hope for the best.

Last edited:
No one needs to be with anyone anymore. Men and woman are fighting the same battles. You go home and have the same conversation. I had a bad day at work and she says so did I. He says what's for dinner and she says whatever you making or ordering. He is like I worked a 10 shift and she says so did I. You see a problem?

I agree.

Your household sounds like many around me and it's goals. I would like to be a SAHM for a few years myself and I don't mind sacrificing some of my earning potential for the sake of our family. I trust bae, and I hope for the best.
We are blessed because we both have our own business and hers suffers because she is the primary household (non monetary provider) and I am the primary monetary provider but I make no bones about the fact that she works a lot harder than I do. Because I am rarely up and 1 in the morning working when it seems like she has to do it often to keep her business in a positive

No one needs to be with anyone anymore. Men and woman are fighting the same battles. You go home and have the same conversation. I had a bad day at work and she says so did I. He says what's for dinner and she says whatever you making or ordering. He is like I worked a 10 shift and she says so did I. You see a problem?

They need a butler?

:think2:

I kid, I kid.

Can't they just meal prep to get around that? Times have changed, we have to adapt or be left in the dust.

And there was need when want ran out.
All I'm saying is, back then many more women stayed out of necessity rather than both husband and wife having clearly defined roles in the household.

Can't they just meal prep to get around that? Times have changed, we have to adapt or be left in the dust.

All I'm saying is, back then many more women stayed out of necessity rather than both husband and wife having clearly defined roles in the household.
You don't think the men stayed out of necessity also? There was an honor to provide for you family that some people don't have anymore and if you had 4, 5 sometimes 8 kids back then more than likely you worked multiple jobs and shifts. There was no way you wanted to deal with housework or even paying bills. You provided and then spent time with your wife and family. Maybe you went lyming with the fellas or drinking once a week.

tf

how i posted that in here

Last edited:
You don't think the men stayed out of necessity also? There was an honor to provide for you family that some people don't have anymore and if you had 4, 5 sometimes 8 kids back then more than likely you worked multiple jobs and shifts. There was no way you wanted to deal with housework or even paying bills. You provided and then spent time with your wife and family. Maybe you went lyming with the fellas or drinking once a week.
I'm saying that both sexes did it, but women to an even larger extent. Because of them not being able to really provide a substantial salary on their own back then.

I was taught to pay everything... I wouldn't feel right asking my woman to help split a mortgage bill or any other major bill

I was taught to pay everything... I wouldn't feel right asking my woman to help split a mortgage bill or any other major bill

good luck being broke while she out buying whatever tf she wanna buy