Harlem Woman Attacked After Turning Down Man's Offer To Buy Wine

I'm not looking for anything. I'm just not assuming that because some men behave a certain way that there is a problem with masculinity. A hundred dudes in that same environment might get shit down everyday and don't beat anyone, yet you seem to think it's ok to indict masculinity for the bad behavior rather than the bad actors. Again you don't know what is in their heads. They might just be legitimately bad guys.

No, men don't typically like their masculinity challenged. However, most don't brutally assault women every time it happens. Taking it to that level isn't a fault of masculinity. It's a fault of the men who do it. By the way, there are plenty of women who act out violently when challenged. What do you call that? Is it toxic feminine or can we just admit that some humans have poor self control?

If the woman is acting out and beating on a dude knowing he can’t hit her back that’s toxic femininity right there. Just because it’s common don’t mean we can’t put a name on it. Does it make it harder to address or by giving these type of behaviors a name? Or is it because it’s a Twitter phrase yall not trying to hear it and call it pc.

Reactions: Jamal L
There's a broad a few doors down that has two little boys. I've never once, in the entire time she's lived there, heard her speak to those boys with any form of love in her voice. She's constantly screaming at them, cussing them out and all kinda shit.

The oldest of the two can't be more than 5 or maybe 6.

Bad ass lil muhfuckas too. Always in other folk's shit, always throwing rocks at people, always gettin physical with the little girls in this part of the complex. <--- and it's that part there that's probably gonna stick with 'em too. Got an ain't shit momma treating them like dirt and their only outlet is to take it out on the other girls out here.
You and your family need to move ASAP.

I can NOT be around those kinda people.

You and your family need to move ASAP.

I can NOT be around those kinda people.

Bruh... I got 6 months rent, 1 month security deposit, deposits for all the utilities, and money for boxes, a team of movers, and a truck chillin in my bank account already. The moment we can find a crib I'm writing the landlord a check like "here it is: fuck your application fee, fuck your credit and background check, fuck alladat, 6 months rent up front and the security deposit, what's good?".

The problem in finding a house right now is a: The prices have shot up 'cause LA niggas moved here in droves because of the Raiders and b: The moratorium on evictions mean ain't nobody moving if they don't have to, so there's very few houses available.

• Goat
Reactions: Allah_U_Akbar
If the woman is acting out and beating on a dude knowing he can’t hit her back that’s toxic femininity right there. Just because it’s common don’t mean we can’t put a name on it. Does it make it harder to address or by giving these type of behaviors a name? Or is it because it’s a Twitter phrase yall not trying to hear it and call it pc.

It's not about whether or not we should give it a name. The problem is the name you chosen, which has been my entire point this whole discussion. Calling it "toxic masculinity" implies that those behaviors are somehow inherent to masculinity or manhood. They are not. Just because some men do something doesn't mean what they are doing is inextricably tied to being a man. Again, we can condemn what these guys did without acting like the extremely small minority of men that would take things to that level are the proof of the fact that there is a problem with minoirty.

Again, this is the exact same argument racist white people make when they bring up violence in black communities and black culture. If you can understand how absurd that argument is, why does the argument you're making now seem reasonable to you?

It's not about whether or not we should give it a name. The problem is the name you chosen, which has been my entire point this whole discussion. Calling it "toxic masculinity" implies that those behaviors are somehow inherent to masculinity or manhood. They are not. Just because some men do something doesn't mean what they are doing is inextricably tied to being a man. Again, we can condemn what these guys did without acting like the extremely small minority of men that would take things to that level are the proof of the fact that there is a problem with minoirty.

Again, this is the exact same argument racist white people make when they bring up violence in black communities and black culture. If you can understand how absurd that argument is, why does the argument you're making now seem reasonable to you?

Because I don’t think the segment is as small as we think. To you does this somehow mean that people won’t remedy this the right way?

Because I don’t think the segment is as small as we think. To you does this somehow mean that people won’t remedy this the right way?

When it comes to the way men and women interact, I do believe that is a bigger problem. However, I do not believe the percentage of men that resort to violence against women after being snubbed is that large. I also think that exaggerating how big the group of offenders is will inhibit from addressing that problem and the bigger problem.

Reactions: konceptjones
When it comes to the way men and women interact, I do believe that is a bigger problem. However, I do not believe the percentage of men that resort to violence against women after being snubbed is that large. I also think that exaggerating how big the group of offenders is will inhibit from addressing that problem and the bigger problem.

This is precisely the issue.

How many times have I debunked these exaggerated claims made by several posters that love to denigrate Black men using actual facts and figures?

"Black men are the biggest threat to black women"
"Black transwomen are being murdered in huge numbers by Black men"
blah, blah, blah.
You can't get people riled up if you know that only 124 Black women in total die at the hands of a Black male partner per year (meanwhile big mommas unhealthy cooking claims thousands of lives a year). Hard to really raise an eyebrow when you know only 25 transfolks overall are murdered in any given year, but when you exaggerate the claims and mislead folks by alluding to it being thousands you can get supporters to your cause.

How many times have I debunked these exaggerated claims made by several posters that love to denigrate Black men using actual facts and figures?

blah, blah, blah.
You can't get people riled up if you know that only 124 Black women in total die at the hands of a Black male partner per year (meanwhile big mommas unhealthy cooking claims thousands of lives a year). Hard to really raise an eyebrow when you know only 25 transfolks overall are murdered in any given year, but when you exaggerate the claims and mislead folks by alluding to it being thousands you can get supporters to your cause.

Folks love alternative facts

Reactions: konceptjones

blah, blah, blah.

Right, we've even heard feminists say shit like "The leading cause of death for black women is black men." If that were a legit problem then there should be an attack on black men, but it's an outright lie. You can't solve a real problem by tackling a fake one.

blah, blah, blah.

I've spoken on this before as well. The "Black men is the biggest danger to Black women" topic will always show Black men harming Black women the most because Black men and Black women still interact with each other in the vast majority when it comes to romantic involvement. So of course no matter what study you show it's always gonna show Black men being the main perpetrators because it's who Black women date more than any other group. That context does and should always be taken into account.

However if you use that to try and deny there's an issue at all or even minimize it which is what some try to do, idc what you say 124, 124,000 or 1, is too many Black women being killed at the hands of Black men. Also it simply cannot be ignored just how many women have not just 1 but multiple instances where they can speak to being made to feel extremely uncomfortable or even fearful when it comes to the possible after effects of turning a man down. These stories ain't just coming out of thin air. It clearly ain't the same group of niggas in every city making all these women feel this way.

@The Lonious Monk I agree that the issue itself isn't inextricably tied to masculinity but what you seem.to be missing is that all I'm saying is that at some point somehow the idea that expressing some sort of verbal or physical anger towards a woman for saying no she's not interested at some point became how some believe they're entitled to react. Just because they believe doesnt mean it to be true but it can't be denied that some do feel as if they're entitled to any womans attention and if they dont get it then they react in a way that can result in instances where that woman now feels unsafe. And to say that's not a problem that needs to be addressed despite women repeatedly saying this is something they encounter is flat out dismissive.

Homie said you got a choice......

Dinner or a beating.

I've spoken on this before as well. The "Black men is the biggest danger to Black women" topic will always show Black men harming Black women the most because Black men and Black women still interact with each other in the vast majority when it comes to romantic involvement. So of course no matter what study you show it's always gonna show Black men being the main perpetrators because it's who Black women date more than any other group. That context does and should always be taken into account.

However if you use that to try and deny there's an issue at all or even minimize it which is what some try to do, idc what you say 124, 124,000 or 1, is too many Black women being killed at the hands of Black men. Also it simply cannot be ignored just how many women have not just 1 but multiple instances where they can speak to being made to feel extremely uncomfortable or even fearful when it comes to the possible after effects of turning a man down. These stories ain't just coming out of thin air. It clearly ain't the same group of niggas in every city making all these women feel this way.

@The Lonious Monk I agree that the issue itself isn't inextricably tied to masculinity but what you seem.to be missing is that all I'm saying is that at some point somehow the idea that expressing some sort of verbal or physical anger towards a woman for saying no she's not interested at some point became how some believe they're entitled to react. Just because they believe doesnt mean it to be true but it can't be denied that some do feel as if they're entitled to any womans attention and if they dont get it then they react in a way that can result in instances where that woman now feels unsafe. And to say that's not a problem that needs to be addressed despite women repeatedly saying this is something they encounter is flat out dismissive.

I mis-quoted the title of the thread I was thinking of. The actual thread title in question was " Black men are the leading cause of DEATH for Black women 15-34"

To which I pointed out that, in fact, Black women are more of a threat to themselves than Black men could ever be AND illustrated that with factual data.

So, to clarify, I wasn't denying any of what you stated, I was very much laser focused on the slanderous information in the title of that thread and in the rest of the thread and addressed it with irrefutable evidence.

I mis-quoted the title of the thread I was thinking of. The actual thread title in question was " Black men are the leading cause of DEATH for Black women 15-34"

To which I pointed out that, in fact, Black women are more of a threat to themselves than Black men could ever be AND illustrated that with factual data.

So, to clarify, I wasn't denying any of what you stated, I was very much laser focused on the slanderous information in the title of that thread and in the rest of the thread and addressed it with irrefutable evidence.

Bruh

This is abw

irrefutable evidence has no place here. Only flawed emotional logic and conjecture

come on now

I don't see how people can look at shit like what you explained and not see how fucked up it is to misrepresent data like that.

Bruh

This is abw

irrefutable evidence has no place here. Only flawed emotional logic and conjecture

come on now

It ain't just ABW though. Feminists and other people on the progressive extremes pull that shit all the time. They spout bullshit, and then when people call them on it, they call you names and run away. It's pathetic. We just have to remember that those people aren't the average. Like the average black woman ain't out here thinking that black men are the most dangerous things they encounter every day.

Reactions: The Mad Titan
Any NY posters heard anything new about this locally?