Harlem Woman Attacked After Turning Down Man's Offer To Buy Wine

If you're solutions oriented then you're focus in an incident like this would be "what makes them feel so entitled to a womans attention that upon rejection they decide violence is the right response". Instead you went to "I bet they had terrible mothers and are taking out their anger on this random woman". You don't see the difference in those 2 statements? Both point to a larger problem but yours takes away responsibility for their actions and places it on someone else. Does how you're raised affect how you act in the world? Of course it does. Is it a catch all explanation for everytime somebody does something horrendous? No. There's no "obviously their mother or father failed them" because you nor I know their parents or how they were raised. Again people from good homes with 2 active parents do foul shit everyday. So no I'm not going to immediately assume every time a man does some shit like this he's taking out some repressed anger towards his mother. Especially without actually knowing how that person was raised. Sometimes human beings just do fucked up things regardless of how they were raised.

Even by your sample question it still goes back to the most likely cause, which is how they were raised.

You want to go through hoops to avoid placing a single ounce of blame of this single mother epidemic that we all see destroying our community every single day. All that hypothetical "well ppl from good parent homes do foul shit" is winning the lottery (mega millions) type stats. That amount of ppl who come from good homes and do shit this egregious is negligible yet that's the excuse yall wanna run with.

There majority of pieces of shit that do things like this come from fucked up homes. Around 70% maybe higher of those fucked homes are headed by single women. There's no way around that nor does it negate the mans role or lack there of. Its simply a fact. Explain ignore, turn a blind eye to and hypothesize as you may, it doesn't change.

Reactions: Allah_U_Akbar
The thing is though that for those that do fall into the category of doing this are doing so because to them it is part of how they feel masculinity should be performed. So while you may not consider it such it cant be denied that some do. And that's where the problem lies. I dont subscribe to the belief that every negative behavior a man or men can do is toxic masculinity but there are certain things that get passed down as "how a man is supposed to act" whether verbally or through actions that simply aren't good behaviors to emulate

How do you know the bold is true? You're trying to play mindreader. Can you really say they were thinking "I gotta beat this bitch because I'm a man and that's what a man does" as opposed to "I don't like the way this bitch tried to carry me, so I'm going to teach her a lesson."

No, you can't. Your whole stance is based on a premise that you can't verify and that you have no real reason to believe is actually true.

And no single mothers don't deserve 100% of the blame, but I always find it interesting that the pieces of shit like this that attack black women are more often than not raise by a woman who made terrible choices in who they had kids with and probably treated them like shit because of it (hence their hatred toward black women)

yet we don't wanna talk about it.

There's a broad a few doors down that has two little boys. I've never once, in the entire time she's lived there, heard her speak to those boys with any form of love in her voice. She's constantly screaming at them, cussing them out and all kinda shit.

The oldest of the two can't be more than 5 or maybe 6.

Bad ass lil muhfuckas too. Always in other folk's shit, always throwing rocks at people, always gettin physical with the little girls in this part of the complex. <--- and it's that part there that's probably gonna stick with 'em too. Got an ain't shit momma treating them like dirt and their only outlet is to take it out on the other girls out here.

Reactions: Allah_U_Akbar
There's a broad a few doors down that has two little boys. I've never once, in the entire time she's lived there, heard her speak to those boys with any form of love in her voice. She's constantly screaming at them, cussing them out and all kinda shit.

The oldest of the two can't be more than 5 or maybe 6.

Bad ass lil muhfuckas too. Always in other folk's shit, always throwing rocks at people, always gettin physical with the little girls in this part of the complex. <--- and it's that part there that's probably gonna stick with 'em too. Got an ain't shit momma treating them like dirt and their only outlet is to take it out on the other girls out here.

It's almost maddening. We all see that type of scenario damn near daily yet few want to acknowledge it because they deem it as an "attack on black women"

These niggas don't pop up outta thin air. It doesn't excuse or justify their actions in now way shape or form. Yet they'll will never be exterminated or at least signficantly reduced until the source is addressed.

• Goat
Reactions: konceptjones
They might have just been looking for somebody to rob and trying to holler was game.

How do you know the bold is true? You're trying to play mindreader. Can you really say they were thinking "I gotta beat this bitch because I'm a man and that's what a man does" as opposed to "I don't like the way this bitch tried to carry me, so I'm going to teach her a lesson."

No, you can't. Your whole stance is based on a premise that you can't verify and that you have no real reason to believe is actually true.

Look at the 2 trains of thought you just gave as examples. Both of them lie in the fact that for some reason there's an entitlement to a womans attention and when you dont get it the result is to lash out. I already said it's not always a literal verbal way of being taught but if you grow up and see men react like that when being turned down then it's not out of the realm of possibility that a younger male may see that happen enough and internalize the idea that that is how a man responds to rejection. You seem to be looking for an instance of a person being literally told this while not acknowledging that a good portion of the behavior we exhibit is things we absorb from others through watching as well.

Even by your sample question it still goes back to the most likely cause, which is how they were raised.

You want to go through hoops to avoid placing a single ounce of blame of this single mother epidemic that we all see destroying our community every single day. All that hypothetical "well ppl from good parent homes do foul shit" is winning the lottery (mega millions) type stats. That amount of ppl who come from good homes and do shit this egregious is negligible yet that's the excuse yall wanna run with.

There majority of pieces of shit that do things like this come from fucked up homes. Around 70% maybe higher of those fucked homes are headed by single women. There's no way around that nor does it negate the mans role or lack there of. Its simply a fact. Explain ignore, turn a blind eye to and hypothesize as you may, it doesn't change.

I'm not avoiding placing accountability on how they were raised. I said flat out it's not the topic in this thread and if you wanna discuss that then go make one and it can be done in there. This thread is about their actions and the potential consequences. You wanna do a root cause thread by all means go make one. But don't sit here and create a false narrative just so you can keep trying to shit on single mothers. It's you bringing the subject up that is questionable it's you and others often perceived motive for doing so gets presented as a cop out as opposed to a simple explanation.

Just look at the language you're using. "Destroying the community"?. I'm quite certain if you ask the people on this board if their mothers who many have admitted raised them in a single parent household were destroying the community by doing so you'd get a bunch of "hell no" answers. So maybe present your stance in a way that doesnt seem disingenuous, in your own thread, then you'd get better discussions.

No beating women is not an inherently masculine thing to do. Just like gangbanging or drug dealing isn't inherently a black thing to do.

Some of you are have the logical reasoning of infants. Again, we can condemn the actions of the shitty men that abuse women without acting like abusing women is something intrinsic to manhood.

Yes, it happens way too much. The males that do shit like that should be condemned, punished, and ostracized. I don't deny that, but nobody is out there teaching these dudes that a real man beats women when she doesn't give them play. That's not a thing.

I didn’t say it was intrinsic to manhood. But let’s be real a lot of folks think it’s regular shit and it’s worldwide. Oppressing of women does not make you a man but acting like their aren’t millions who people who think that because you don’t want your feelings hurt or masculinity challenged is wild.

It's almost maddening. We all see that type of scenario damn near daily yet few want to acknowledge it because they deem it as an "attack on black women"

These niggas don't pop up outta thin air. It doesn't excuse or justify their actions in now way shape or form. Yet they'll will never be exterminated or at least signficantly reduced until the source is addressed.

Bruh we been talking about single parent homes since the 50s both my parents raised in one never did no shit like this. So what else is going on besides just a single mom that leads to shit like this. Y’all saying men abuse women cuz no dad forgetting dads used to be able to knock mom out. So what’s the real root.

Reactions: Jamal L
It’s a difference between a single parent household and a single parent and one absentee parent household

Thanks for adding nothing again

Bet.

So you saying kids growing with just one parent in their life don’t even have to be together has a better......

You know what Nevermind. We already know the answer

Bet.

So you saying kids growing with just one parent in their life don’t even have to be together has a better......

You know what Nevermind. We already know the answer

Bruh yea never mind because you wasn’t about to make any point that has to do with this thread.

Bruh we been talking about single parent homes since the 50s both my parents raised in one never did no shit like this. So what else is going on besides just a single mom that leads to shit like this. Y’all saying men abuse women cuz no dad forgetting dads used to be able to knock mom out. So what’s the real root.

Not in my lifetime. Maybe several decades before I was born but men that beat their women have always been looked upon as scum for as long as I've been alive and then some. That's why they did it behind closed doors and made sure she never spoke about it.

Not in my lifetime. Maybe several decades before I was born but men that beat their women have always been looked upon as scum for as long as I've been alive and then some. That's why they did it behind closed doors and made sure she never spoke about it.

Did I say it was open and public? You’ve stated yourself one of your parents tried to get physical and you tighten him up I think. I might be wrong. I mean most our bad shit ain’t on front street so that not relevant

Did I say it was open and public? You’ve stated yourself one of your parents tried to get physical and you tighten him up I think. I might be wrong. I mean most our bad shit ain’t on front street so that not relevant

You said that " dads used to be able to knock mom out ", this implies that it was accepted on some level, to which I answered "... Maybe several decades before I was born but men that beat their women have always been looked upon as scum for as long as I've been alive and then some", meaning that, no, it was not acceptable for as long as I've been around and then some.

And, yes, I had to put hands on my stepfather because he got physical with moms (well... hands and my sister's cheerleading baton). He didn't hit her, but he had her pinned like he was going to.

Look at the 2 trains of thought you just gave as examples. Both of them lie in the fact that for some reason there's an entitlement to a womans attention and when you dont get it the result is to lash out. I already said it's not always a literal verbal way of being taught but if you grow up and see men react like that when being turned down then it's not out of the realm of possibility that a younger male may see that happen enough and internalize the idea that that is how a man responds to rejection. You seem to be looking for an instance of a person being literally told this while not acknowledging that a good portion of the behavior we exhibit is things we absorb from others through watching as well.

I'm not looking for anything. I'm just not assuming that because some men behave a certain way that there is a problem with masculinity. A hundred dudes in that same environment might get shit down everyday and don't beat anyone, yet you seem to think it's ok to indict masculinity for the bad behavior rather than the bad actors. Again you don't know what is in their heads. They might just be legitimately bad guys.

I didn’t say it was intrinsic to manhood. But let’s be real a lot of folks think it’s regular shit and it’s worldwide. Oppressing of women does not make you a man but acting like their aren’t millions who people who think that because you don’t want your feelings hurt or masculinity challenged is wild.

No, men don't typically like their masculinity challenged. However, most don't brutally assault women every time it happens. Taking it to that level isn't a fault of masculinity. It's a fault of the men who do it. By the way, there are plenty of women who act out violently when challenged. What do you call that? Is it toxic feminine or can we just admit that some humans have poor self control?