Welcome To aBlackWeb

Harlem Woman Attacked After Turning Down Man's Offer To Buy Wine

If you've been paying attention that long then you know I definitely hold people accountable. I just don't make blanket statements like the one you're trying to make fit. What these dudes did ain't got shit to do with their mothers. It has everything to do with them deciding that this woman saying "no" meant they felt they had the right to attack her. You wanna discuss the potential root cause of why they felt they could act the way they did then make a thread about it. This one is about what they did not what their mother's may or may not have done to them growing up.

You really gonna sit there and say what they did had NOTHING to do with their mothers i.e. how they were raised?

Ok, then did it have anything to do with their fathers? Because obviously their fathers failed them.

And the root cause is exactly what these threads need to be otherwise it's just the same circle talk shit. I'm a solutions oriented person. The problem we have in the black community is we zero in on the action and don't want to consider the cause so we keep spinning our wheels on shit.

Bottom line, it can be very reasonably concluded that their parents ain't shit. This ain't nowhere near the normal behavior of ppl who come from functional homes. The problem is we always focused on one side of a two sided problem.

The streets not gonna do shit to them niggas.

Hopefully the police catch them niggas cause there's no street justice coming. It's people who already know exactly who those niggas are and they're obviously scared to say or do shit.

I agree with this.

I'm sorry but fuck the marching, that's symbolic shit.

Either go handle them pieces of shit, or give them over to the police. At this stage in life, I am 100% for the community handing over the cancers to the police.

unfortunately it's pretty much illegal for a regular person to do so in NYC

this is why it's problematic for people to support gun control, especially those who would be most vulnerable in situations like this

but yeah this shit is messed up..........more men in our community def need to do more self-policing when one of our own women can't just mind her business going to the store

I'm more pissed off that a group of mofos did this vs one.........these dudes shouldn't even make it to a police station

Yeah NY is on some wild ass shit when it comes to gun rights. How you gonna tell ppl they can't protect themselves? As if regulating guns is going to make criminals go "oh shit, I better not have this gun cuz it's illegal"

That's why I say black folks need to go all the way against gun control because we suffer the most from it. smh

This is what toxic masculinity is fellas. Don’t throw a bitch fit and blame feminism for this

No

This is a bunch of animals who were raised in a dysfunctional ass home very more than likely

Their mothers failed them
Their fathers failed them

But yall wanna keep turning a blind eye to the root cause and act like these pieces of shit just Fortnite spawn in the community

In life there are ppl who focus on the problem, and those who focus on the root cause

Guess who usually goes further in life

The black community is comfortable with blaming men for all it's problems because the vast majority of us were raised by our mothers, grandmothers and aunts and we see any critique of them as an attack (because they raised us that way nonethless)

It can't be both ways. You can't bitch that men need to step up when the thoro men being raised are outnumbered and typically murdered by animals that are raised by, yes, single mothers who fucked the nearest ain't shit nigga. Once again, a two sided problem (father AND mother), where we focus on one side.

Yall wanna pretend it's something else because it sounds harsh and hurts your feelings. Facts are facts. It doesn't mean every woman raising children alone is a bad mother. But yall ain't gonna do this delusional shit and act like our community has been just fine with this matriarchy shit.

It's not scapegoat.

If niggas want to kill steal and destroy.....Why do that to each other when we have enough problems and don't have enough to warrant trying to eat. Rob the bakery not the beggar.
So how is this a bad thing?
How does this not fit my standard?

Do ya thing outside of our community.

How you got an issue with that?

Because on one hand you saying don’t be a thug then saying he a thug but on the outside. Thugs don’t follow rules for one. You ever see an Italian set up shop on your block? Generally criminals target their own community. White people just target everybody though

No

This is a bunch of animals who were raised in a dysfunctional ass home very more than likely

Their mothers failed them
Their fathers failed them

But yall wanna keep turning a blind eye to the root cause and act like these pieces of shit just Fortnite spawn in the community

The root is niggas thinking they have a right to control or own a woman. How they raised plays a part but if they were raised by active parents who lived the same way and raised by grandparents who did the same then what? It ain’t just a family thing it’s a culture. Address why as a man why does a woman curving you need violence. Saying oh “that’s just product of single home etc” ain’t dealing with the issue.

In life there are ppl who focus on the problem, and those who focus on the root cause

Guess who usually goes further in life

The black community is comfortable with blaming men for all it's problems because the vast majority of us were raised by our mothers, grandmothers and aunts and we see any critique of them as an attack (because they raised us that way nonethless)

It can't be both ways. You can't bitch that men need to step up when the thoro men being raised are outnumbered and typically murdered by animals that are raised by, yes, single mothers who fucked the nearest ain't shit nigga. Once again, a two sided problem (father AND mother), where we focus on one side.

Yall wanna pretend it's something else because it sounds harsh and hurts your feelings. Facts are facts. It doesn't mean every woman raising children alone is a bad mother. But yall ain't gonna do this delusional shit and act like our community has been just fine with this matriarchy shit.

And further your example is weak because you applying it to these folks and we don’t know who raised them. You literally put no blame on the father. You just said the mom. That’s not weak to you? Blaming women for the failures of men is strong and upright? Sound like bitch shit and simplicity.

And further your example is weak because you applying it to these folks and we don’t know who raised them. You literally put no blame on the father. You just said the mom. That’s not weak to you? Blaming women for the failures of men is strong and upright? Sound like bitch shit and simplicity.

Yall niggas read and hear what yall want to

You glanced right over me saying several times their fathers failed them.

Yall get so emotional anytime responsibility is placed at the feet of women. Never ever have I once neglected to acknowledge the failures of men. However, women solely have the ability to bring forth life yet they're not supposed to have any accountability on how they use that power? Sound like emotional female logic

The root is niggas thinking they have a right to control or own a woman. How they raised plays a part but if they were raised by active parents who lived the same way and raised by grandparents who did the same then what? It ain’t just a family thing it’s a culture. Address why as a man why does a woman curving you need violence. Saying oh “that’s just product of single home etc” ain’t dealing with the issue.

That ain't the root, that's an effect. Something or someone created that mindset in them

They are still responsible, but so are the ppl around them. Families determine the culture. Broken fams = broken culture.

Yall niggas read and hear what yall want to

You glanced right over me saying several times their fathers failed them.

Yall get so emotional anytime responsibility is placed at the feet of women. Never ever have I once neglected to acknowledge the failures of men. However, women solely have the ability to bring forth life yet they're not supposed to have any accountability on how they use that power? Sound like emotional female logic

The story I see is often somebody blaming the mom in talking bout outside the forum

This is what toxic masculinity is fellas. Don’t throw a bitch fit and blame feminism for this

That's not toxic masculinity. No part of what most people consider being masculine or manly involves biting a woman because she rejected your advances. This is just two men behaving badly. That's the problem. You see an incident where two men are completely out of line and try to paint it as something that is inherent to manhood. It isn't.

You can call shit like this out and condemn it and actions like it without making absurd statements that misrepresent an entire group of people.

That's not toxic masculinity. No part of what most people consider being masculine or manly involves biting a woman because she rejected your advances. This is just two men behaving badly. That's the problem. You see an incident where two men are completely out of line and try to paint it as something that is inherent to manhood. It isn't.

You can call shit like this out and condemn it and actions like it without making absurd statements that misrepresent an entire group of people.

So beating on women which has happened for years isn’t a masculine thing but it’s toxic by a large segment of males. We acting like dudes couldn’t rape their wives. Just because it’s toxic and done by men does mean your masculinity is the same as theirs. Y’all have all these ways to not address of act like it’s always just one guy

So you’re saying this can’t be called toxic masculinity despite how common this is? A girl was shot for turning a man down years ago. When you say it only a certain group of niggas doing this well how big does the group have to be before we can name it.

You really gonna sit there and say what they did had NOTHING to do with their mothers i.e. how they were raised?

Ok, then did it have anything to do with their fathers? Because obviously their fathers failed them.

And the root cause is exactly what these threads need to be otherwise it's just the same circle talk shit. I'm a solutions oriented person. The problem we have in the black community is we zero in on the action and don't want to consider the cause so we keep spinning our wheels on shit.

Bottom line, it can be very reasonably concluded that their parents ain't shit. This ain't nowhere near the normal behavior of ppl who come from functional homes. The problem is we always focused on one side of a two sided problem.

If you're solutions oriented then you're focus in an incident like this would be "what makes them feel so entitled to a womans attention that upon rejection they decide violence is the right response". Instead you went to "I bet they had terrible mothers and are taking out their anger on this random woman". You don't see the difference in those 2 statements? Both point to a larger problem but yours takes away responsibility for their actions and places it on someone else. Does how you're raised affect how you act in the world? Of course it does. Is it a catch all explanation for everytime somebody does something horrendous? No. There's no "obviously their mother or father failed them" because you nor I know their parents or how they were raised. Again people from good homes with 2 active parents do foul shit everyday. So no I'm not going to immediately assume every time a man does some shit like this he's taking out some repressed anger towards his mother. Especially without actually knowing how that person was raised. Sometimes human beings just do fucked up things regardless of how they were raised.

It may not be masculinity to you but far too many women have very frequent incidents of men reacting violently physically or being called all sorts of foul things simply for not giving somebody their number. So at some point along the way part of what some men learned about being masculine involved the idea that if a woman turns you down you then must insult her or try to physically impose yourself on her. It may not be what you learned but plenty niggas have shown they clearly believe the opposite.

So beating on women which has happened for years isn’t a masculine thing but it’s toxic by a large segment of males. We acting like dudes couldn’t rape their wives. Just because it’s toxic and done by men does mean your masculinity is the same as theirs. Y’all have all these ways to not address of act like it’s always just one guy

No beating women is not an inherently masculine thing to do. Just like gangbanging or drug dealing isn't inherently a black thing to do.

Some of you are have the logical reasoning of infants. Again, we can condemn the actions of the shitty men that abuse women without acting like abusing women is something intrinsic to manhood.

It may not be masculinity to you but far too many women have very frequent incidents of men reacting violently physically or being called all sorts of foul things simply for not giving somebody their number. So at some point along the way part of what some men learned about being masculine involved the idea that if a woman turns you down you then must insult her or try to physically impose yourself on her. It may not be what you learned but plenty niggas have shown they clearly believe the opposite.

Yes, it happens way too much. The males that do shit like that should be condemned, punished, and ostracized. I don't deny that, but nobody is out there teaching these dudes that a real man beats women when she doesn't give them play. That's not a thing.

No beating women is not an inherently masculine thing to do. Just like gangbanging or drug dealing isn't inherently a black thing to do.

Some of you are have the logical reasoning of infants. Again, we can condemn the actions of the shitty men that abuse women without acting like abusing women is something intrinsic to manhood.

Yes, it happens way too much. The males that do shit like that should be condemned, punished, and ostracized. I don't deny that, but nobody is out there teaching these dudes that a real man beats women when she doesn't give them play. That's not a thing.

It may not be outright said by some but actions definitely show it and we all know people mimic the actions of those around them. As men we all learned how to "be men" partially by watching and observing other men behave. So when they react like that the thought that "oh this is how a man reacts to this" gets passed down.

It may not be outright said by some but actions definitely show it and we all know people mimic the actions of those around them. As men we all learned how to "be men" partially by watching and observing other men behave. So when they react like that the thought that "oh this is how a man reacts to this" gets passed down.

That's fair, but that's still not the same thing as saying seeing stuff like this and calling it toxic masculinity. When you use a term like that, you basically tying this type of behavior to manhood. Again, there is nothing about manhood or masculinity that dictates that men should beat women like that. Just because a segment of men think its ok doesn't mean its inherent to manhood.

Racists do the same shit to black people. A segment of our community are criminals; that's true. Instead, of discussing that particular segment and addressing why that segment exists and what can be done to eliminate it, racists have always boiled it down to "Blacks being violent" or more recently "Black culture promotes violence." Neither one of those statements is fair and both paint an entire group in a negative light because of the actions of a minority. You guys are doing the same thing with men.

That's fair, but that's still not the same thing as saying seeing stuff like this and calling it toxic masculinity. When you use a term like that, you basically tying this type of behavior to manhood. Again, there is nothing about manhood or masculinity that dictates that men should beat women like that. Just because a segment of men think its ok doesn't mean its inherent to manhood.

Racists do the same shit to black people. A segment of our community are criminals; that's true. Instead, of discussing that particular segment and addressing why that segment exists and what can be done to eliminate it, racists have always boiled it down to "Blacks being violent" or more recently "Black culture promotes violence." Neither one of those statements is fair and both paint an entire group in a negative light because of the actions of a minority. You guys are doing the same thing with men.

The thing is though that for those that do fall into the category of doing this are doing so because to them it is part of how they feel masculinity should be performed. So while you may not consider it such it cant be denied that some do. And that's where the problem lies. I dont subscribe to the belief that every negative behavior a man or men can do is toxic masculinity but there are certain things that get passed down as "how a man is supposed to act" whether verbally or through actions that simply aren't good behaviors to emulate

Back