Welcome To aBlackWeb

Happy 50th Birthday Hip Hop!!!

MTV doing hip hop right today. They’ve been playing nothing but hip hop and now have on a mixtape documentary

Its on the bottom left corner on purple tape and on the 1st pressing CD with the purple tray, its across the front of the red CD face...

Tape:

CD:

I'm going to have to dig through my storage to check.

I'm going to have to dig through my storage to check.

I think you can pick up the purple tray CD with the printed autograph fairly cheap (might be wrong, as not checked for ages) could be an investment if theyre reasonably priced...

All the purple tapes cost fortune though, so youre good either way... I got mine wrapped up in bubblewrap and in storage haha

Last edited:
Great recreation of Art Kane's 'A Great Day In Harlem' featuring jazz musicians outside a Harlem brownstone building...

A Great Day in Hip Hop - Features - The Gordon Parks Foundation

40 years later Gordon Parks took 'A Great Day in Hip Hop 98' in honour of the iconic photo, outside the same Harlem brownstone building...

Storytellers of the black narrative': Revisiting Gordon Parks's 'A Great  Day in Hip Hop' 20 years later': Revisiting Gordon Parks's 'A Great  Day in Hip Hop' 20 years later

Classic photos.

I wonder if they have a print for sale? I’m gonna look it up

Classic photos.

I wonder if they have a print for sale? I’m gonna look it up

Yeah I would love big prints of the 'A Great Day In Harlem' and 'A Great Day In Hip Hop 98' photos...

I got this dope pack when it released back in the day called 'Born In The Bronx', which had the battle between Cold Crush and Fantastic Romantic 5 at Harlem World, which came with loads of the classic Joe Gonzo pictures and flyers...

The price seems to have dropped over time, they went for over £200 at one point, now around £40/£50 by the looks of it!!! So you can pic one up pretty cheap, just make sure youre getting the full set if you do get one... The pics are great!!!

“ LL Cool J “I’m Bad “is the first HipHop video I remembered seeing as a kid. Growing up down the block from 1520 Sedgwick Ave , you wouldn’t think something so influential and powerful will have such humble beginnings . Happy 50th Birthday to Hip-Hop for giving a lot great memories over the years ,especially the 90’s.🥳🎂🎉
I’m bad is the first hip hop song I learned all the words to…

Back