Welcome To aBlackWeb

Guns in America

I just took a look... As of right now, any person hit with a restraining order cannot buy or possess a gun or ammunition per ATF rules. That gets you 10 years of fed time for violating it.

So now I gotta wonder what this is really all about???

It's clear what it's about. Some are challenging the idea whether or not a person convicted of domestic violence should have their right to own a gun stripped away because they think it will sprial into anyone accused and/or convicted of a crime. And some think that those people should be legally allowed to keep their guns. The challenge is coming from pro gun side not anti gun.

So the part that both of those tweets failed to mention is that while Texas enacted permitless carry in 2021, it is still one of 35 states that allow a loaded handgun in the car without a permit. The tweets are trying to draw a relationship between the 2021 law and these acts of violence in bad faith.

Texas BEEN on this shit.

Texas has typically had more road rage shootings than any other state period. The last 5 years it's been Texas, Florida, and California, which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country but only Florida and Texas has more road rage shootings. So before this law went into effect, Texas was already leading the country for road rage shootings by far.

This is the shit I had been talking about. Street shit being labeled as "mass shootings" is just a way to pad the numbers. When you have to resort to misleading or outright lying about a given topic, it means your stance on it is fragile at best.

This is the shit I had been talking about. Street shit being labeled as "mass shootings" is just a way to pad the numbers. When you have to resort to misleading or outright lying about a given topic, it means your stance on it is fragile at best.

I agree with you that those incidents shouldn’t be included, but even taking those out, the US is miles beyond any other 1st world country when it comes to mass shootings.

I know we disagree on a lot, but we can all agree we have a problem, regardless of our disagreement on the root cause.

I agree with you that those incidents shouldn’t be included, but even taking those out, the US is miles beyond any other 1st world country when it comes to mass shootings.

I know we disagree on a lot, but we can all agree we have a problem, regardless of our disagreement on the root cause.

True, it's an issue, we can agree on that much.

This, however, has been a core issue of mine with how it's reported. We haven't had "hundreds" of mass shootings in this country in 2023 or in any year for that matter; that's a boldface lie and it's a lie that also shifts the face of mass shootings from white men to Black and Latino men so there's a whole extra racist element to it as well.

I feel you, man. The whole gun culture can get wild. It's a complex issue, but a conversation worth having. Let's aim for solutions, not extremes. 🤝🇺🇸

More mass shootings happen in a week than the number of mass stabbings that occur in a year.

Seems evil finds a way with bullets much easier than with knives

and you still missed the point.

AU restricted guns to the point where there were mass buybacks and surrenders of guns because of a mass shooting event that happened in '96. The average person doesn't own a firearm of any type unlike here.

I've argued here that when evil seeks to inflict harm or kill people, it will find a way to do it with or without a gun. This mass stabbing just illustrated that point.

and you still missed the point.

AU restricted guns to the point where there were mass buybacks and surrenders of guns because of a mass shooting event that happened in '96. The average person doesn't own a firearm of any type unlike here.

I've argued here that when evil seeks to inflict harm or kill people, it will find a way to do it with or without a gun. This mass stabbing just illustrated that point.

That’s cool but one weapon is way better at killing. It’s simple as hell. You can kill way more with a gun than knives.

Back