Welcome To aBlackWeb

Guns in America

and you still missed the point.

AU restricted guns to the point where there were mass buybacks and surrenders of guns because of a mass shooting event that happened in '96. The average person doesn't own a firearm of any type unlike here.

I've argued here that when evil seeks to inflict harm or kill people, it will find a way to do it with or without a gun. This mass stabbing just illustrated that point.

So how many mass stabbings does AU have per year?

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.

So how many mass stabbings does AU have per year?

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making.

Doesn't matter how many times, y'all are so stuck there that you can't see the bigger picture.

Someone wanted to kill/maim lots of people. Absent guns, he found a way to do it and made it happen.

Y'all are too focused on the method they use and not on the fact that there are lunatics out here that want to kill random people and are doing it, and will continue to do it even with a total ban on guns.

Niggas need mental help resources more than gun control; we already have that all over the place. Stop the lunatics from doing the shit in the first place and watch mass shootings drop off the face of the earth.

Bro we are all for mental health. We can do mental health and have better rules on gun access.

What more access rules could you possibly want???

It takes a federal background check to buy a gun from a dealer. I've personally advocated for changing that to ALL gun purchases, whether from a dealer or a private sale, must go through the same background check.

What else could you want???

Doesn't matter how many times, y'all are so stuck there that you can't see the bigger picture.

Someone wanted to kill/maim lots of people. Absent guns, he found a way to do it and made it happen.

Y'all are too focused on the method they use and not on the fact that there are lunatics out here that want to kill random people and are doing it, and will continue to do it even with a total ban on guns.

Niggas need mental help resources more than gun control; we already have that all over the place. Stop the lunatics from doing the shit in the first place and watch mass shootings drop off the face of the earth.

lol

What more access rules could you possibly want???

It takes a federal background check to buy a gun from a dealer. I've personally advocated for changing that to ALL gun purchases, whether from a dealer or a private sale, must go through the same background check.

What else could you want???
Limits on ammo quantities, limits on clip sizes, limits on the number of guns that can be owned, limits on the types of guns that can be owned, etc., etc.

Like I’ve been saying, the objective is to reduce deaths, not eliminate them entirely because to your point about evil people, that’s impossible.

Not anti-firearm, just pro gun control. Nobody needs the arsenals some people have. Pistol and/or shotty for home protection should do it.
Disagree. Plus if I or anyone else wants to have a collection that they can just shoot legally in their backyard or go to a range then they should be able to do it

Limits on ammo quantities, limits on clip sizes, limits on the number of guns that can be owned, limits on the types of guns that can be owned, etc., etc.

Like I’ve been saying, the objective is to reduce deaths, not eliminate them entirely because to your point about evil people, that’s impossible.

Why would you want to limit the amount of ammo?

So someone can’t empty 100 rounds into a crowd, thus maximizing the opportunity for death.

Thought that would be evident.
how does limiting ammo accomplish this?

and how would u realistically enforce it?

edit: what's an appropriate amount u believe a citizen should be allowed to have?

Changing the magazine can be very quick but I'm sure the counter would just be limit the amount of magazines one can own :rolleyes:

So someone can’t empty 100 rounds into a crowd, thus maximizing the opportunity for death.

Thought that would be evident.

I can empty 100 rounds into paper on a range practicing with just one handgun and that's not even a satisfactory practice session with it. If you own a gun, you really need to practice with it, and in order to practice with it, you need to put lots of rounds through it each time you go out. You can't just sit there with it behind the closet door or in a night stand for years on end and expect to be able to use it well enough to protect yourself or your loved ones the day someone breaks in or when someone catches you slippin' at the gas pump.

On top of that, stockpiling ammo is a very common, normal thing to do, especially with the prices in a state of flux like thy are. Last week I caught some 9mm hollow point ammo on clearance sale for $8 for a box of 20. I copped 4 boxes and since it's still on sale, I'mma cop 3-4 more as I type this out. Some shit just ain't cheap, so if you see it for a low, you buy as much of it as you can in that moment. There's a ban on importing 7.62x39mm ammo right now (AK47 ammo), and the cheap Russian stuff is what most cats that have AK's and AR's chambered for that round use for target practice, etc. So now when some pops up for sale for cheap, people rush to grab as much of it as possible.

Limiting people on what they can purchase because of a couple of psycho's a year ain't right. Alcohol kills more people than every type of gun combined, every single year, and that's not even including drunk driving cases, which far exceed the number of people that die in every definition of a "mass shooting" incident...

... And yet there's no limit on how much alcohol you can buy or how much you can stockpile in your crib.

... and in case any of y'all wondered, this is the 9mm I copped.

I'mma take a box or two to the range this weekend to test in in my 9mm joints.

I can empty 100 rounds into paper on a range practicing with just one handgun and that's not even a satisfactory practice session with it. If you own a gun, you really need to practice with it, and in order to practice with it, you need to put lots of rounds through it each time you go out. You can't just sit there with it behind the closet door or in a night stand for years on end and expect to be able to use it well enough to protect yourself or your loved ones the day someone breaks in or when someone catches you slippin' at the gas pump.

On top of that, stockpiling ammo is a very common, normal thing to do, especially with the prices in a state of flux like thy are. Last week I caught some 9mm hollow point ammo on clearance sale for $8 for a box of 20. I copped 4 boxes and since it's still on sale, I'mma cop 3-4 more as I type this out. Some shit just ain't cheap, so if you see it for a low, you buy as much of it as you can in that moment. There's a ban on importing 7.62x39mm ammo right now (AK47 ammo), and the cheap Russian stuff is what most cats that have AK's and AR's chambered for that round use for target practice, etc. So now when some pops up for sale for cheap, people rush to grab as much of it as possible.

Limiting people on what they can purchase because of a couple of psycho's a year ain't right. Alcohol kills more people than every type of gun combined, every single year, and that's not even including drunk driving cases, which far exceed the number of people that die in every definition of a "mass shooting" incident...

... And yet there's no limit on how much alcohol you can buy or how much you can stockpile in your crib.

... and in case any of y'all wondered, this is the 9mm I copped.

I'mma take a box or two to the range this weekend to test in in my 9mm joints.
So now you’re drawing an equivalency with alcohol?

As far as practice, only let authorized ranges issue ammo for use on the range. Pretty simple solution.

The process to owning and operating a firearm should be the same as owning and operating a vehicle.

Learners permit, firearm education, firearm written test, firing test, firearm license, firearm registration, firearm insurance, different classes of licensing for different types of firearms.

Couple that with a concerted and prolonged effort to rid of all illegally owned firearms and you are in a much better environment than present.

If someone has to have that much interaction with regulatiors before owning a firearm, you'd either deter a lot of bad actors or you'd ensnare them as they go through the process.

So now you’re drawing an equivalency with alcohol?

As far as practice, only let authorized ranges issue ammo for use on the range. Pretty simple solution.

In 2021, by even the loosest interpretation of "mass shooting" 706 people died (using the FBI's definition drops that number down to 103, which does not include the shooters themselves).

In 2021 13,384 were killed in drunk driving incidents.

In 2021 48,830 people lost their life to gun violence in this country, more than half of those were suicides.

In 2021 178,000 people died due to excessive alcohol use.

Yeah bruh, you goddamned right I'm comparing guns to alcohol. Alcohol kills FAR more people year after year over guns. There's not a single statistic you could quote me outside of suicide where guns kill more people than alcohol in this country. Nearly 19 times as many people die from drunk driving as mass shootings if we use the ridiculously loose definition of "mass shooting". I don't see none of y'all calling for limits on how much alcohol you can buy at once, no prohibition on making it yourself, no none of that despite the fact that it will kill more people in one year than 4-5 years of gun violence.

I know you like your peach beer and all but... you know... shit kills people.

In one thread folks was talking about we are living in the most peaceful murder free time in America. Which I have stated before as well.

Folks are less violent even with more guns out.

Society has got better and will continue to that route until the powers at be force our hand

also, we as black folks are the face of mass shooting now by definition and what y’all back. It’s not white people shit anymore.

Scust

also, we as black folks are the face of mass shooting now by definition and what y’all back. It’s not white people shit anymore.

Scust

They do add in all of that data, that's why I said we're now the face of mass shootings in America. Gang violence and street shit are the overwhelming majority of what are now considered "mass shootings". There was only 12 incidents last year that count as a true mass shooting. The other 640+shootings were gang related, street shit, and a couple of mass suicides.

True, it's an issue, we can agree on that much.

This, however, has been a core issue of mine with how it's reported. We haven't had "hundreds" of mass shootings in this country in 2023 or in any year for that matter; that's a boldface lie and it's a lie that also shifts the face of mass shootings from white men to Black and Latino men so there's a whole extra racist element to it as well.

Been saying this for a bit, but nobody's gonna listen until the shit finally gets put on the evening news.

Back