Welcome To aBlackWeb

Give your 2018 an honest grade

I didnt do a lotta fly shit this year....no real vacation and kept the holidays simple

but I feel like I had a lot of personal growth this year that none of that shit could have helped

its been a great year for my family overall

gotta give it a B+

Ivan Drogo
I dont understand the reference and i do not appreciate it.
1595.gif

they give you any word on the causes?

how you start clotting up bro?

thought ya'll just ate salmon and glacier water

B. I finally graduated from college this year. Left a stressful job and got my freedom back. Feeling more confident than ever

I'd give my 2018 a B.

It wasn't really eventful, I feel like I spent 2018 setting up everything for 2019, but the shit I got set up is gonna be major.

These two basically sum my shit up. I completed what I needed to complete in 2018 as planned. Now it's time to hit the pavement with those gains in 2019.

they give you any word on the causes?

how you start clotting up bro?

thought ya'll just ate salmon and glacier water
They didnt really have a good idea. Everyone was blown away that i was in there since im in decent shape and so young. There are a few things though:

I had the leg pain well before my vacation, but on vacation we drove practically the whole time for 3 weeks. They say long trips in the car/plane are really bad. Should always try to stand and stretch out after a hour or two. They think i had the clot in my leg and the trip somehow made it break off and go to my lung.

Im pretty sure the clot in my leg was because although i go to the gym 2-3 hours 6 days a week, I leave and go to work where i sit at a desk for 8 hours and rarely move around as much as i should. I can feel my legs swelling up by lunch time most days and i cross my ankles sometimes which is a real bad habit and not recommended. Then when i get off of work, 9 times out of 10 I just head home and sit on my bed watching TV or Playing video games. This in combination with lower blood pressure doesnt allow the blood to circulate like it should so clots begin to form.

Shits pretty scary cuz the blood thinners make me feel spacey as fuck but im also not getting as much oxygen as i used to due to my lung trying to heal itself. The usual treatment is 6 months on thinners until the clot is gone, but Doc says he doesnt expect it to take that long but we will check the progress in January. If i ever get another DVT or PE I will have to be on blood thinners the rest of my life. 1 in 3 people who get a PE die and the chances of surviving another PE are pretty slim so I got to catch it as a DVT before it does.

I had thought i just had some really bad flu cuz i had the Swine Flu a few years back and had a lot of the same symptoms. Sinus pain, massive migraine, muscle pain. So i didnt go to the ER as soon as i should. Doc did the oxygen levels of my blood and said he didnt think I would have made it another day before I would basically deprive my blood and insides of oxygen and just die. My doc saw my lab results and told me to go to the ER all calm but i could tell something was seriously going on, but i had went to get coffee and was so out of it I had to take my time getting there as i was driving myself when I definitely shouldnt have lol. She called me as soon as I got to the ER and was sounding Urgent AF literally asking "Where the fuck are you? You need to go to the ER!!" (we used to work together so we have a more personal relationship lol) then as soon as i told the front desk my name they grabbed me and put me into a room for my CT scan.

Getting the injections hurt like a bitch. First day was 2 Injections in my stomach at a time every 6 hours. Then every 6 hours the remaining days they would wake me up and stick me in the stomach and the fluid was thick and burnt like a motherfucker. My stomach was bruised for about 2 months after i discharged. They were talking about sending me home with that same medicine but i told them i dunno how reliable i would be sticking myself like that so we tried oral thinners on the last day and they seemed to have my blood in the right range so they sent me home with them thankfully haha.

I feel like i can still feel clots in my Lungs and Leg, but ive been able to jog again finally without my leg hurting the next day and the swelling has gone down quite a bit so I atleast know its gotten a lot smaller.

They didnt really have a good idea. Everyone was blown away that i was in there since im in decent shape and so young. There are a few things though:

I had the leg pain well before my vacation, but on vacation we drove practically the whole time for 3 weeks. They say long trips in the car/plane are really bad. Should always try to stand and stretch out after a hour or two. They think i had the clot in my leg and the trip somehow made it break off and go to my lung.

Im pretty sure the clot in my leg was because although i go to the gym 2-3 hours 6 days a week, I leave and go to work where i sit at a desk for 8 hours and rarely move around as much as i should. I can feel my legs swelling up by lunch time most days and i cross my ankles sometimes which is a real bad habit and not recommended. Then when i get off of work, 9 times out of 10 I just head home and sit on my bed watching TV or Playing video games. This in combination with lower blood pressure doesnt allow the blood to circulate like it should so clots begin to form.

Shits pretty scary cuz the blood thinners make me feel spacey as fuck but im also not getting as much oxygen as i used to due to my lung trying to heal itself. The usual treatment is 6 months on thinners until the clot is gone, but Doc says he doesnt expect it to take that long but we will check the progress in January. If i ever get another DVT or PE I will have to be on blood thinners the rest of my life. 1 in 3 people who get a PE die and the chances of surviving another PE are pretty slim so I got to catch it as a DVT before it does.

I had thought i just had some really bad flu cuz i had the Swine Flu a few years back and had a lot of the same symptoms. Sinus pain, massive migraine, muscle pain. So i didnt go to the ER as soon as i should. Doc did the oxygen levels of my blood and said he didnt think I would have made it another day before I would basically deprive my blood and insides of oxygen and just die. My doc saw my lab results and told me to go to the ER all calm but i could tell something was seriously going on, but i had went to get coffee and was so out of it I had to take my time getting there as i was driving myself when I definitely shouldnt have lol. She called me as soon as I got to the ER and was sounding Urgent AF literally asking "Where the fuck are you? You need to go to the ER!!" (we used to work together so we have a more personal relationship lol) then as soon as i told the front desk my name they grabbed me and put me into a room for my CT scan.

Getting the injections hurt like a bitch. First day was 2 Injections in my stomach at a time every 6 hours. Then every 6 hours the remaining days they would wake me up and stick me in the stomach and the fluid was thick and burnt like a motherfucker. My stomach was bruised for about 2 months after i discharged. They were talking about sending me home with that same medicine but i told them i dunno how reliable i would be sticking myself like that so we tried oral thinners on the last day and they seemed to have my blood in the right range so they sent me home with them thankfully haha.

I feel like i can still feel clots in my Lungs and Leg, but ive been able to jog again finally without my leg hurting the next day and the swelling has gone down quite a bit so I atleast know its gotten a lot smaller.

They didnt tell you to just take aspirin?
And what about doing ankle pumps?

They didnt tell you to just take aspirin?
And what about doing ankle pumps?
Aspirin will thin your blood, but when you already have clots it wont help reducing the size. They recommended it when I get rid of the clots though, but every day aspirin use isnt good for your liver. I dunno wtf an ankle pump is. Ill youtube it. I think i might already do ankle pumps lol.

C.....I bought my first home this year. A brand new house built from the ground up.

I also committed to a relationship after being single for 6 years. Now I'm going through it:scust1:

Woke up Saturday in September with a minor headache didnt think much of it. Slept all day. Sunday, still there. Monday I woke up at 2am and had to pee. Stood up and had to crouch down because the blood rush to my head was so painful. Called out of work for 3 days cuz my headache was so bad. Thursday I had to go to work cuz I was out of pto. Went to work looking like a zombie. Headache was still present but not at its worst. I was starting to have chest/side pain and shortness of breath too. Was at work maybe 2 hours before they told me to go home. Had a doc appointment that day and did labs and chest xray. Saw black in my lung and thought I had pneumonia. Got a z pack and went home.

Woke up Friday all kinds of fucked up. Headache, dizzy, breathing at a third of what I usually could. Went to the bathroom and had phlegm in my throat so I coughed it up and spit it out. Was pretty much pure blood. Was about to call my doc but she called me first telling me to go to the er cuz my labs came back abnormal. Drove myself to the er and got pulled back immediately. Did a ct scan on my chest and found out I had 3 little blood clots in my right lung and a huge blood clot in my left that suffocated the bottom of my left lung. Then did ultrasounds and found a huge clot in my leg. Spent days in the hospital getting injected with blood thinners then been on oral blood thinners ever since. Have a follow up in January to see if clots are still there. Easily most painful and worst experience of my life. My body temp was 93 degrees at one time and I was under 3 blankets pouring sweat. I'm pretty much back to normal now, but still got minor pain when I breathe in real deep.

Cot damn! I don't een wanna what it was like going thru that. Glad you made it thru ok brotha.

Back