Welcome To aBlackWeb

I think @DMorgan 's point is that money only matters to a point. Plus, if you not changing that one thing eventually ends and you not making anything.

We not talking about me though

I'm talking about HBO not me

and the kind of money they make they can afford to feed many generations off the type of money GOT brings in.

The Ent business takes a lot of losses and those big hits make up for them.

They make their money off subscriptions and selling their content to smaller networks and streaming services but go ahead.

Beat me to it. I don't see how this goes against my original point and makes dmorgan right tho. GoT is their cash cow. It drives subscriptions. There was no pressure from the network to end it.

I think Emilia Clarke is pretty......until she smiles. And it is even worse when she full on laughs. I've never seen someone go from pretty to downright horrendous by doing the thing that should make you look even better....I just don't get it. She might look angelic when she cry, huh? Old opposite face....

What I find weirder is how completely average she looks normally compared to how she looks as Dany. I don't know what it is. I can't think of another example where I saw someone done up in a certain way in a show or movie and found them so much more attractive that way than as they really were. The crazy thing is I've never been much of a fan of the character, so that's not even a factor in it.

The chick that plays Cersei is the opposite for me though. To me she looks better normally than as Cersei, but that could be because I'm not a fan of blonde hair.

Beat me to it. I don't see how this goes against my original point and makes dmorgan right tho. GoT is their cash cow. It drives subscriptions. There was no pressure from the network to end it.

They were clearly pressured to finish up the storyline. That's not even a question. Why they were pressured? I don't know, but they have a GoT prequel series coming out that will probably be more in the spirit of the early seasons than what the show has become now, so I'd guess they wanted to put this one to rest and start something new.

They were clearly pressured to finish up the storyline. That's not even a question. Why they were pressured? I don't know, but they have a GoT prequel series coming out that will probably be more in the spirit of the early seasons than what the show has become now, so I'd guess they wanted to put this one to rest and start something new.

I think it was already stated in this thread somewhere that it was the show runners and not HBO that had it in their minds for Game of Thrones to only be 8 seasons.

Subscriptions , streaming , syndication most international and some product placements that’s it ....globally HBO has about 90 million subscribers paying 15 dollars on avg...HBO grosses about 2.4 billion globally then u get into expenses
So even if GOT costs 150-200 million that's less than 10% of their total profit.

IDK how accurate the numbers are but I saw somebody saying they make 900-1.2 billion just off the 3 months a normal GOT season is on

Plus they sale DVD's and Merch

They make about 3-400 million a week so 1 week can pay off the whole budget of the season

from what I'm reading their model is also to dump loads of money into quality shows and let the subscriptions pay for it

If a show doesn't bring subscriptions and viewers that's how they determine what to keep.

I didn't miss shit.Nigga we talking about a TV show and why it's going off

I don't need your advise

I'm grown grown

This ain't tell Loch wtf to do day.

I wasn't giving you advise cause I don't give a fuck what you do or don't understand. I'm having a basic conversation. You taking shit personal which ain't my problem.

LLS at having to tell someone you grown.

I think it was already stated in this thread somewhere that it was the show runners and not HBO that had it in their minds for Game of Thrones to only be 8 seasons.

Wanting it to be 8 seasons is fine. Making the last couple scenes shortened when you still have a lot of stuff you need to tie up is the problem. I'm not sure whose decision that was.

Edit: Just saw the @Loch121 post. I stand corrected. Them dudes are idiots. I get they may have wanted to move on, but they should have done so in a way that respected the art.

I wasn't giving you advise cause I don't give a fuck what you do or don't understand. I'm having a basic conversation. You taking shit personal which ain't my problem.

LLS at having to tell someone you grown.

it's not even a big deal at all

but HBO's model is putting boat loads of money into shows they get the most subscriptions off of so they are the ones who put their eggs in 1 or a few baskets

HBO wanted more eps

Last edited:
Wanting it to be 8 seasons is fine. Making the last couple scenes shortened when you still have a lot of stuff you need to tie up is the problem. I'm not sure whose decision that was.

Edit: Just saw the @Loch121 post. I stand corrected. Them dudes are idiots. I get they may have wanted to move on, but they should have done so in a way that respected the art.

It was D&D. They said they wanted the entire run of the show to be around 73 hours

Who said anything about him being a slave. I said the nigga loyal to the soil cause that's what he was raised on. I never questioned him or missandei being free. Not sure why you bringing it up as a point.
He said they would cut cause of how they were treated in winterfell. Little things like the white kids being shook of them. He came to the realization this wasn't "their" war.
Fair enough but I disagree that grey worm dont care about dany.

so we've discussed finally starting this show

too many people around the wife talking about it

ima be mad if this shits really good lol

thats just like us tho, we started Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy after they were done

Dany been wanted to burn down KL so it's not sudden to me and she been on some "I will kill and burn and you will bow" shit

But nobody complained about character development when Walter White immediately started killing ppl ep 3 of season 1
Also all the events of breaking bad took place over like a year. But they mad GoT is moving quickly lol

Back