Welcome To aBlackWeb

Random shit here, but for those that wonder about black people in the GoT world, the show actually doesn't do a very good job there. That's understandable since revealing races isn't really an important part of the show. That said, the GoT world has unquestionably black nations and people.

The most clear cut cases are the Summer Islands and Naath. We don't really see any Summer Islanders in the show at all. In the books, a Summer Islander actually lives in the castle in King's Landing. He doesn't really do much in the story, but he's mentioned quite a bit. Some Summer Islanders also save Sam at one point and he travels with them. They are actually portrayed pretty well. Culturally, they seem to be like a mix of Carribbean blacks and ancient Nubians. They are described as having dark skin and being very attractive. They are known to be among the most peaceful people in the world and are renowned for their boat making abilities and their archery.

We actually do see a Naathi in the show, Missandei. They are black, but not as dark as the Summer Islanders. They are even more peaceful than the Summer Islanders, and are so extreme with it that they won't hurt anything. That's why so many of them were enslaved, because they wouldn't fight back at all when slavers came.

It's interesting that Martin chose to make the black people the most peaceful, but also made it so that their peacefulness was to their detriment, particularly in the case of the Naathi.

Random shit here, but for those that wonder about black people in the GoT world, the show actually doesn't do a very good job there. That's understandable since revealing races isn't really an important part of the show. That said, the GoT world has unquestionably black nations and people.

The most clear cut cases are the Summer Islands and Naath. We don't really see any Summer Islanders in the show at all. In the books, a Summer Islander actually lives in the castle in King's Landing. He doesn't really do much in the story, but he's mentioned quite a bit. Some Summer Islanders also save Sam at one point and he travels with them. They are actually portrayed pretty well. Culturally, they seem to be like a mix of Carribbean blacks and ancient Nubians. They are described as having dark skin and being very attractive. They are known to be among the most peaceful people in the world and are renowned for their boat making abilities and their archery.

We actually do see a Naathi in the show, Missandei. They are black, but not as dark as the Summer Islanders. They are even more peaceful than the Summer Islanders, and are so extreme with it that they won't hurt anything. That's why so many of them were enslaved, because they wouldn't fight back at all when slavers came.

It's interesting that Martin chose to make the black people the most peaceful, but also made it so that their peacefulness was to their detriment, particularly in the case of the Naathi.

Summer Islanders got the best ways best archers. People complain about the lack of black characters but anybody would choose Summer Islands over Westeros. They did make Grey Worm a Summer Islander tho. Just mentioned once in book

I wish I knew ppl who watched the show like that. I'd have a bad ass party tonight
Lol u should have put ur ppls on.....yrs ago I tried to introduce my ppls to GOT they laughed it off.....now they having watch parties every week...I’m hosting the finale party at the condo

Lol u should have put ur ppls on.....yrs ago I tried to introduce my ppls to GOT they laughed it off.....now they having watch parties every week...I’m hosting the finale party at the condo

Yup niggas was the same thought it was dungeons and dragons but saw some titties some violence and a kid get pushe out a window and theybwas on it

And yo me and my sis and mom were talking about how the writing done became trash. Like for the first few seasons they used common sense. Now its all out the window.

Yup niggas was the same thought it was dungeons and dragons but saw some titties some violence and a kid get pushe out a window and theybwas on it

And yo me and my sis and mom were talking about how the writing done became trash. Like for the first few seasons they used common sense. Now its all out the window.
Honestly I just want them to wrap it up at this point ....this last season was bungled

I think Jamie gonna catch Euron slipping

Rewatching season 7. When he prophesied fucking Cersei, Jamie was big mad

60294564_2278678482185151_4361578072642682880_o.jpg

I wish I knew ppl who watched the show like that. I'd have a bad ass party tonight
I made my friend catch up so I could go over there and we can watch the ep on her projector. "Find the biggest TV you can find".....hold my beer bitch

Back