Welcome To aBlackWeb

58721814_10217174292321697_9051937854594220032_n.jpg

Word if they dropped some retro 12s in Stark colors that would be fire

So, the reason some of y'all are struggling with the Night King and how easy it was to kill him off is because if what the showrunners have always struggled with. It's the true weakness of the show, deviation from the source material. The two most glaring examples of this are the Night King and Dorne.

The Night King was a character that is not in the books. He was made up by the showrunners to give a recognizable face to the White Walkers, aka the Others as they are more frequently called in the books. I do believe he is based somewhat on the Night's King legend in the stories Old Nan told Bran about the Lord Commander of the watch who feel in love with a female, who may or may not have been an Other, and moved her into the Nightfort where he originally her his Queen. But he was always a human and died during the age of heroes. Martin wrote this on his blog a few years back concerning the Night's King, "In the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have."

So the character was made up by the showrunners who built him up to mythic proportions but didn't know what to do with him but had to get him out of the way to continue the actual story. Perhaps if they had not been so determined to end the series they would have given more time to handling that character better. But they had no source for him.

I know some of you are thinking that the owner will delve more into the Night King story. That only happens if they follow the GoT model. If they use GRRM material then y'all will be disappointed as the character doesn't exist.

Now in the books, the Others are still a problem and we have yet to see what they will do, how they will do it and what the results will be. Given the titles of the two remaining books I imagine they will attack and be defeated. Maybe they even have a leader, but if so there is no reason to believe he is anything more special than any other Other.

I won't go much into Dorne, but the showrunners did not do Dorne Justice AT ALL. I'm still pissed that they didn't even include Arianne Martell. She was the character I was most looking forward to see cast. I just wanted to know who the drop dead beauty and seductress would be.

Dorne is another example of the showrunners being no where near the story tellers Martin is, yet they still created a GOAT show, flaws and all....

Damn nigga

But yeah I wasn't invested in Dorne because I didn't read the books,so Dorne never bothered me like that.

I mean I'm not mad the NK died,but the only thing is that they made us think GOT was about ppl having petty fights,while a greater danger was coming for them.

But now it seems like it's about how ppl are the worst enemy,but since The white walkers represent weapons of mass destruction,it kind of makes sense that even if you put the missiles away,ppl will still find other ways to kill each other at equal numbers damn near.

As long as these next 3 eps are great,I have no problem

And I'm still holding on to the theory that that Night king shit ain't over because the story is they killed the Night King last time too,but he's still here now or was.

So either you can't really kill him,or another Night King came after him but that's more book stuff they never made pt of the TV show

In the show there has only been this NK

Damn nigga

But yeah I wasn't invested in Dorne because I didn't read the books,so Dorne never bothered me like that.

I mean I'm not mad the NK died,but the only thing is that they made us think GOT was about ppl having petty fights,while a greater danger was coming for them.

But now it seems like it's about how ppl are the worst enemy,but since The white walkers represent weapons of mass destruction,it kind of makes sense that even if you put the missiles away,ppl will still find other ways to kill each other at equal numbers damn near.

And I'm still holding on to the theory that that Night king shit ain't over because the story is they killed the Night King last time too,but he's still here now or was.

So either you can't really kill him,or another Night King came after him but that's more book stuff they never made pt of the TV show

Walking Dead does that too. Terribly bow tho

the damn hound bitched up, this the mf'er we expect to take on the mountain

Damn nigga

]An I'm still holding on to the theory that that Night king shit ain't over because the story is they killed the Night King last time too,but he's still here now or was.

Again, the night king is an invention of the show. There is no source material for him. That said, the books never suggested the others were destroyed, but rather they were pushed back and retreated and that is why the wall was built.

Now, in the show I don't recall ever seeing anything about the night king having been killed before. If he had been, then every WW and wight would have been killed too and there would have been no reason to build a wall. I'm thinking that like in the books, they were beat back and retreated, then the wall was built to keep them out.

The only possibility I can see for what you are suggesting is if the children io the forrest were stupid enough to create him again.. Based on the show origin...

Last edited:
The problem with the NK IMO is that other than his ability to raise the dead, he really isn't that special at least not in the context of this particular battle. Sure if he just randomly popped up for a fight, he'd be a beast because nobody could kill him. But he was literally in a place where everyone was equipped with the tools need to kill him. On top of that, he and his people were over the top vulnerable to their weakness. It's not like Superman where a kryptonite blade could cut him, but you still have to put in work to beat him. The NK and White Walkers are fragile like glass once in the presence of their weakness.

The problem with the NK IMO is that other than his ability to raise the dead, he really isn't that special at least not in the context of this particular battle. Sure if he just randomly popped up for a fight, he'd be a beast because nobody could kill him. But he was literally in a place where everyone was equipped with the tools need to kill him. On top of that, he and his people were over the top vulnerable to their weakness. It's not like Superman where a kryptonite blade could cut him, but you still have to put in work to beat him. The NK and White Walkers are fragile like glass once in the presence of their weakness.

I agree but in any setting he's fragile if you got the correct weapon he looks like he has no fighting skills just has a massive army.

I agree but in any setting he's fragile if you got the correct weapon he looks like he has no fighting skills just has a massive army.
We don't know if he had fighting skills....but he got a cannon for an arm and accuracy of a sharpshooter....

But fuck all y'all.

Its so haaaaaaaard to say good byyyyyyyyye
To yesterdaaaaaaaaayeeeeeeeee

Again, the night king is an invention of the show. There is no source material for him. That said, the books never suggested the others were destroyed, but rather they were pushed back and retreretr and that is why the wall was built.

Now, in the show I don't recall ever seeing anything about the night king having been killed before. If he had been, then every WW and wight would have been killed too and there would have been no reason to build a wall. I'm thinking that like in the books, they were beat back and retreated, then the wall was built to keep them out.

The only possibility I can see for what you are suggesting is if the children io the forrest were stupid enough to create him again.. Based on the show origin...

You're right.They never said that he was killed they just sent them further north

I said most significant

Those were both peons
Meryn trant was the first name she scratched off her list and the first time she switched faces. The waif was the final test in her becoming no one. They weren't nobodies bruh they had an impact on her being who she is today.

Meryn trant was the first name she scratched off her list and the first time she switched faces. The waif was the final test in her becoming no one. They weren't nobodies bruh they had an impact on her being who she is today.

For her personal journey, sure

But in the grand scheme?

Ain’t nobody making prophecies about the crusty ass waif

For her personal journey, sure

But in the grand scheme?

Ain’t nobody making prophecies about the crusty ass waif
Who was walder frey either tho? Nobody respected him and him dying didnt change anything politically. At least meryn trant lost the crown a trusted kingsguard.

Who was walder frey either tho? Nobody respected him and him dying didnt change anything politically. At least meryn trant lost the crown a trusted kingsguard.

He went up several notches when he got the Starks knocked

And he was a lord at least

Walder Frey was a far more major player. Robb very well could have taken the Iron Throne would he have stayed on Frey's good side. Dude had some power. As soon as he shifted, Robb's fate shifted. Things could have gone vastly different based on a decision by Frey..
Robb only needed him for the bridge tho. And had he not killed karstark dude he wouldn't have had to use it. Robb sealed Robb's fate not frey.

Robb only needed him for the bridge tho. And had he not killed karstark dude he wouldn't have had to use it. Robb sealed Robb's fate not frey.

Not quite....the Karstarks were with Robb when Cat had to go to Frey to get permission to cross that bridge. Cat agreeing to marry Robb to one of Frey's daughters would have gotten the North through the twins, which was strategically necessary regardless of the Karstark involvement, and it would have gotten Freys banners on the ground with the North...

Robb killing Rickon Karstark cost him a major ally. What cost him Frey was marrying that other girl....

Last edited:
Back