Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
Wilder deserves all the props in the world for being able to deliver one punch that seperated Ortiz from his senses, but let's not pretend like his gameplan was to lose every minute of every round to deliver that punch. If he was slipping and avoiding punches to land that punch I would give him that but Ortiz was touching him to the head and the body and the straight left was especially effective. He was putting in a fantastiv performance but Wilder has a one of a kind gift. It was a poor fight from Wilder with one extraordinary moment.

yall giving dudes credit for fake virtuoso performances meanwhile they landing the same amount of punches as him

hes not getting washed just cause you don’t like the way he looks. Theres no reason for judges to give Wilder benefit of doubt vs Fury.

yall keep trying to find ways to slight to shorten credit when you don’t have to. Dude come in there to win, that’s it. How each fighter does it is their choice. Wilder ain’t getting touched up between landing his knockouts. He giving as much as he taking

they ended the fight separate by a punch landed so you’re not seeing somebody dominate a fight if you check your biases

them jabs and funky hooks hurt too

yall giving dudes credit for fake virtuoso performances meanwhile they landing the same amount of punches as him

hes not getting washed just cause you don’t like the way he looks. Theres no reason for judges to give Wilder benefit of doubt vs Fury.

yall keep trying to find ways to slight to shorten credit when you don’t have to. Dude come in there to win, that’s it. How each fighter does it is their choice. Wilder ain’t getting touched up between landing his knockouts. He giving as much as he taking

they ended the fight separate by a punch landed so you’re not seeing somebody dominate a fight if you check your biases

I have zero bias I call it like I see it.. if you allow punch stats to tell the story without context then you fail to look at the picture as it is presented

I have zero bias I call it like I see it.. if you allow punch stats to tell the story without context then you fail to look at the picture as it is presented

Exactly if a person feels punch stats tells the whole story of a fight. Then they don't know wtf they talking about.

Period

poo

boo boo

Andy Ruiz Not Convinced "Slim" Joshua Can Take a Good Shot

IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz has seen recent videos of Anthony Joshua and he believes the British superstar is indeed slimmer than he was back in June.

Ruiz stopped Joshua in seven rounds after four knockdowns back in June at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The rematch is scheduled for December 7th in Saudi Arabia.

Some observers felt Joshua had way too much muscle mass - which affected his stamina and ability to move around the ring.

But Ruiz wonders if Joshua can still take hard combinations when they connect on his chin.

"I saw videos where he looked slimmer. I don't know if that's an advantage or a disadvantage. I don't know if he will take the punches as well as he did when he weighed more," Ruiz told Sky Sports.

While Joshua looks slimmer - there are a lot of people who believe Ruiz has lost too much weight.

But Ruiz denies that as being fact. He explained this his weight for the rematch will only be eight pounds apart from the first contest.

"Me? People are saying I lost too much weight, I won't be strong, he will move me around. I am losing eight pounds from what I weighed on June 1. I'll still be the same, I'll still be strong. AJ has always been in shape. He has always looked really good, really cut up," Ruiz said.

The first time around, Ruiz only had a few weeks notice after Jarrell Miller was pulled from the fight for failing several drug tests. This time around, Ruiz had an full twelve week training camp to prepare himself.

That nigga Wilder hearing yall comments and he tired of it. LLS

Wilder: People Talk About Skills, But I'm Undefeated; KO Everyone I Face

Deontay Wilder thinks it’s time his critics start recognizing what he can do, rather than what he can’t do.

Criticized for years for his fundamental flaws, the long-reigning WBC heavyweight champion reminded his doubters following his knockout of Luis Ortiz on Saturday night that he remains unbeaten. The 34-year-old Wilder (42-0-1, 41 KOs) also owns the highest knockout ratio of any current champion in boxing (95 percent).

His seventh-round victory over Ortiz secured Wilder’s rematch with Tyson Fury, one of two opponents who has gone the 12-round distance with Wilder. The first opponent to avoid getting knocked out by Wilder, Bermane Stiverne, was knocked down three times on his way to getting knocked out in the first round of their rematch in November 2017.

England’s Fury (29-0-1, 20 KOs) is perhaps the most skillful heavyweight in boxing, but Wilder’s pulverizing power is the ultimate equalizer. Wilder proved that yet again Saturday night, when, down on all three scorecards, his crushing right hand ended his 12-round rematch against Ortiz (31-2, 26 KOs, 2 NC) with nine seconds to go in the seventh round at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“I’m looking forward to fighting a lot of the top guys in the division,” Wilder said at the post-fight press conference. “I said I only have six years in the sport that I wanna dedicate my energy and my passion to, and I mean that. So, I ask everyone [to] give me my roses right now. You know, give me my due respect and my credit right now. You know, I am here, and I ain’t going nowhere. My style is here. What I bring to boxing is here, and I ain’t going nowhere.

“People always talk about skills and skills and skills. But as I can see it, I’m still undefeated. I’m knocking out everyone that I face. And these guys that have skills, they gettin’ beat. So, I mean, something got to – I mean, it speaks for itself. So, at this point in time, I need my due respect, please.”

When asked if that meant recognition on subjective pound-for-pound lists, the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native made it clear he isn’t concerned with that type of appreciation.

“When you’re dealing with pound-for-pound, I don’t think it belongs in the heavyweight division,” Wilder said. “We stay in one division. We can’t go up and down, like all these small guys. So, you know, I don’t really consider us having a pound-for-pound. And, you know, you’re always gonna have people say this and say that.

“You’re gonna have people that like you. You’re gonna have people that don’t like you. And that’s just a part of life in general. And I never worry about the things that I can’t control, what people see and what they don’t see. At the end of the day, you’re gonna pay to see me win, you’re gonna pay to see me lose. But at the end of the night, you’re gonna get a great fight.”

Lopez Only '50 Percent' Confident Lomachenko Will Fight Him

Beating Richard Commey next month would earn Teofimo Lopez his first world title, the lightweight championship Vasiliy Lomachenko stipulated Lopez needs to warrant fighting him.

Capturing the IBF 135-pound crown won’t guarantee, however, that a Lomachenko-Lopez fight would happen next. Lopez is only “50 percent” confident that Lomachenko will agree to face him in a lightweight title unification fight if Lopez overcomes Commey on December 14 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Promoter Bob Arum, whose company promotes Lomachenko and Lopez, has repeatedly mentioned Lomachenko moving back down to 130 pounds at some point in 2020 because the Ukrainian southpaw is a small lightweight. Arum also has stated that he wants to make Lomachenko-Lopez if Lopez (14-0, 11 KOs) gets by Commey (29-2, 26 KOs), but Lopez paid close attention to all the talk of Lomachenko (14-1, 10 KOs) dropping down to the junior lightweight limit.

“I’m not surprised at all,” Lopez told BoxingScene.com. “It makes me laugh, but I’m not surprised. Honestly, everyone has their hopes that Commey wins. I know the fans want the Loma and Lopez fight. I know for damn sure the fight fans want it, the casual fans, they all want that type of fight. But when it comes to business, we’ve gotta just see, man.

“You know, one fight at a time, one guy at a time. And I’m just trying to make the best fights happen for the fans. That’s really what I’m doing. Loma told me, ‘Get a belt and we’ll make the fight happen.’ Well, Commey’s the guy. Beat him and I got the belt. We’ll see what happens from there. We’ll see if he’s a man of his word.”

The 31-year-old Lomachenko owns the WBA and WBO lightweight titles and is the WBC’s franchise champion at 135 pounds. He previously held the WBO 130-pound title.

Meanwhile, Brooklyn’s Lopez emphasized that he is fully focused on facing Ghana’s Commey, a hard-hitting champion who represents the toughest test of Lopez’s three-year pro career.

“How confident am I for it [happening]?,” Lopez said regarding facing Lomachenko. “Fifty percent. Let’s see what happens after the Commey fight. Let’s see what actually starts going down. I’m gonna let my manager, Dave McWater, take control of that while I’m with my wife on vacation for like a week or two. I’m gonna have my manager handle all that and by the time I come back, we’ll figure out the numbers, see what’s going on and he’ll let me know. We’ll go from there. As of right now, though, the main thing is beating Richard Commey. That’s the guy that is in front of me right now, and I know that. Honestly, this is huge, man. I didn’t notice it. I am now. This is big, man.”

ESPN will televise the Commey-Lopez bout before a main event that’ll feature Terence Crawford, the WBO welterweight champion. Crawford (35-0, 26 KOs), of Omaha, Nebraska, will make a mandatory defense of his 147-pound crown versus Lithuania’s Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0-1, 17 KOs).

The 22-year-old Lopez hopes a victory over Commey leads directly to a fight against another top pound-for-pound performer. He’s just less optimistic about boxing Lomachenko in his first fight of 2020 than he was earlier this year.

“It’s 50 percent, man,” Lopez said. “You never know, man. You just never know what these guys are capable of doing. They’re their own man at the end of the day. They make their own decisions. I just wanna fight the toughest guys out there, or the best guys that everyone thinks that there are. I love competition, so for me, I’m a fighter. I’m just gonna go out there and do what I’m known to do, and what I’m capable of doing. I wanna prove to not only myself, but to everyone out there, that I am asking for these tough fights. I’m not there picking and choosing.”

Im worried about AJ. Every interview I've seen i see doubt in his eyes and i dont think he's mentally right.
I dont think he ever believed in himself. I remember him saying long before his loss that each opponent has an advantage over him because of his lack of exp.The lightskin brothas over there mad soft.

Bud complaining about PBC again...

I'm like... He knew this before he resigned.

I honestly don't think he wants these fights. He knows where everybody is. He knew where they were the whole time.

He chose to extend with Bob..... So he's right where he wants to be. Unavailable

He did this to himself

“I am the best fighter in the world, hands down. ESPN is the biggest brand in sports and Top Rank is the biggest promotional company in boxing,” Crawford said. “This was a no-brainer for me and my team. All of the super fights that the world wants to see will happen. Mark my words. Like I've said before, I want all of the champions in the welterweight division.”

:smh:

Consistent pass I give is Bob put some real numbers in his face and been managing him well. Al probably could’ve showed him something better or similar but loyalty

those dudes over there won’t even fight each other so no need in fretting it. Keep defending the belt and cashing

it worked out cause had he been PBC, him and Errol already fight for a fraction of the coin cause them other dudes wasn’t going step in anyway

Back