Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test

https://www.boxingscene.com/pulev-i-never-grabbed-reporters-backside-i-other-videos--137589

Pulev: I Never Grabbed Reporter's Backside, I Have Other Videos

Heavyweight contender Kubrat Pulev has come out swinging at the recent allegations by a female reporter, who last week made headlines after a video captured Bulgarian kissing her during an interview.

Reporter Jennifer Ravalo, also known as Jennifer SuShe, interviewed Pulev after his 27th victory in a fight against Bogdan Dinu in Costa Mesa, Calif., on March 23.

After answering a question, Pulev – seemingly out of the blue – gave her a kiss.

On Thursday, Ravalo appeared with high-profile attorney Gloria Allred and called for Pulev’s license to be suspended. She also called on the California State Athletics Commission to investigate the incident.

"He grabbed both of my buttocks and squeezed with both of his hands. Then he walked away without saying anything to me and laughed," Ravalo told reporters.

"I did not encourage or consent to Mr. Pulev grabbing my face, kissing me, or grabbing my backside. I was there at the event covering the boxing match as a professional member of the press. Kissing a woman on her lips without her consent and grabbing her is not acceptable."

The reporter said Pulev invited her to a party later on where he allegedly asked her to "remove the kiss from the interview." She said she refused to and posted it instead.

The California State Athletic Commission [CSAC] suspended his license, until he appears before them to explain what happened. The next hearing is slated to for May 14 and Ravalo plans to attend.

Pulev denies grabbing her buttocks and said Ravalo was clinging on to him and his team for days.

"I'm not at fault and during the course of my career I've already had tens of of thousands interviews. Everyone knows me as a friendly and polite person. The woman came to me during the weigh-in and said, 'after the fight we'll party.' That's not true [that I grabbed her buttocks]. And by the way: This woman is not my type. I'm not afraid, I also have videos if necessary," Pulev said to German daily BILD.

"After the fight, she then came to our hotel lobby for a party. She was happy, laughed and made a lot of compliments. Tell me that I'm the best, the most handsome."

There was a video already released by Pulev's team, which showed Ravalo at the party and appearing to be in a very good mood as she sat on a team member's lap. There were also photos of her with team members, including Pulev's younger brother.

Veteran trainer Ulli Wegner (76) backed up his fighter's version of the events.

"I was right next to it. It was after the fight. Kubrat was interviewed by a pretty, very friendly young woman. Yes, and then he gave her a kiss. That was out of the emotion. The claim that Pulev had caught her buttocks is not true," Wegner said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/khan-on-crawford-challenge-im-on-different-level-really--137609

Khan on Crawford Challenge: I'm on a Different Level, Really

When it comes to boxing mantras, call it the flavor of the month.

A fighter foregoes a by all accounts easier match to call out the most daunting commodity in a given weight class – in spite of consensus opinion that his competitive fate is all but sealed.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the “Daring to be Great” club’s newest member:

Amir Khan.

The 32-year-old Brit with Pakistani roots is just 18 days from an initiation under the lights at Madison Square Garden, where he’ll face unbeaten WBO welterweight champ – and heavy favorite – Terence Crawford atop a star-sopped PPV card that’s being promoted by Top Rank and broadcast by ESPN.

Khan’s quest comes on the heels of lightweight champ Mikey Garcia’s challenge of Crawford’s fellow 147-pound boss, Errol Spence Jr., in front of a big crowd at the home of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys.

Garcia lost nearly every minute of every round to the IBF’s king at 147, and many forecast a similar – if not more violent – evening for Khan, who’s been stopped in three of four losses across a hype-filled pro career that began about a year after an Olympic silver medal and five months before his 19th birthday.

Nevertheless, Khan, now 32, still feels the draw of would-be immortality, powerfully enough to dismiss a chance to duel domestic rival – and former Spence victim – Kell Brook.

“I want to be in the biggest fights ever,” he said.

“I’ve been in the big fights previously and I’ve won them. I’ve lost some as well, but the thing is I’ve always been in big fights and I’ve always belonged in the big fights. I want to be remembered as one of those fighters who fought against the best, regardless, win or lose. This is another opportunity for me.

“I could have taken an easier route and fought someone like Kell Brook and beaten him quite easily. But I thought, ‘No, this is for another world title. It’s gonna establish my name as a bigger name if I win this fight.’ And when I win this fight it’s gonna make me a bigger name than I am, and also put me in the history books as one of the best fighters to ever come out of Britain.

“So that’s what I want to do. I just want to make history, basically. And this is a fight where I can make history. Beating a Kell Brook or anyone else is not going to make history.”

Lest anyone forget, it’s not Khan’s first bite at the historical apple.

He’d strung together four straight wins as a full-time welterweight through 2015, when, after nearly a full year on the shelf, he skipped over a weight division to challenge WBC middleweight champ Canelo Alvarez in an HBO PPV show at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

A slick, dynamic Khan was ahead on one scorecard and within a point on another entering the sixth round, when a single right hand robbed his consciousness and ended his pursuit at 2:37 of the session.

He spent two years in career rebuild mode this time, before returning to record victories over welterweight gatekeepers Phil Lo Greco (TKO 1) and Samuel Vargas (UD 12) in April and September of 2018. Previous rebuilds had been necessary after losses to Breidis Prescott in 2008, followed by Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia in 2011 and 2012, respectively, but Khan insists his faith has never wavered.

“I think it’s how you are as a fighter yourself. I believe in myself,” he said.

“I work very hard. I train very hard. I know that when I have to come back from a loss I’ve got to work that much harder. Also I’ve got a great fan base who have been very supportive and have helped motivate me to get this far. Without them it’d be really hard to be in this position. I think it includes everything, really. From a big fan base and a great team around you, and yourself being confident all the time, making sure I believe I can do it. When a lot of people are putting me down, I still believe.”

BoxingScene.com caught up with Khan to talk about the final few weeks of preparation for Crawford, the elements of the fight that people viewing the champion as prohibitive might be missing, and the things people will see in the early stages on fight night that’ll start changing their mindsets.

All those KOs he suffered are starting to catch up to him...

https://www.boxingscene.com/dazn-group-nears-deal-help-fund-future-acquisitions--137625

DAZN Group Nears Deal To Help Fund Future Acquisitions

According to several reports, it appears that DAZN Group, which is the parent company behind the over-the-top streaming service DAZN, is in talks to sell off some of the Perform content to Vista Equity Partners.

In 2014, billionaire Len Blavatnik’s Access Industries acquired majority control of Perform Group, which last year rebranded the company as DAZN Group.

The company launched the DAZN streaming service in several markets in 2016, and made their launch in the United States in 2018.

It’s not clear what properties would be involved in the sale. DAZN Group own several content outlets like Goal.com and Sporting News, which is often used to promote the DAZN streaming service.

The business move is reportedly motivated to “help DAZN fund acquisitions of live sports rights.”

Business experts have been critical of the current state of their service, with respect to a long-term future. The monthly price was recently doubled to $19.99, with a special rate of $99.99 for the year - but the majority of attractive content, in the United States, is catered to fans of combat sports like boxing and mixed martial arts.

They will definitely need to pick up more sport to compete with other OTT services like ESPN+ - and not many U.S. sport rights are out there for the taking and certainly not on exclusive basis.

Scott Soshnick, David Hellier, and Nabila Ahmed of Bloomberg reported details of the looming deal: "Billionaire Len Blavatnik’s DAZN Group is close to a deal to sell its Perform content business to Vista Equity Partners, a person familiar with the matter said.

The business, which includes data collection and distribution and services for betting operations, will be sold to help DAZN fund acquisitions of live sports rights, the person said, asking not to be identified because the discussions are private. It wasn’t immediately clear how much Vista was paying. No final decision has been made and the sale may still not materialize, the person said."

And Murad Ahmed and James Fontanella-Khan of The Financial Times provided more details: A person with knowledge of the negotiations said the potential buyer is Vista, a US fund which currently owns STATS, a rival sports statistics group. But the person added a deal had not been completed.

In a statement, DAZN Group said that following a previously announced strategic review, it is “engaged in discussions with a potential buyer of Perform. Discussions of this matter are ongoing and a further announcement will be made if and when appropriate.”

Perform was listed in the UK in 2011 but taken private by Access in 2014 for £702m. The group recently hit a £3bn valuation when it sold a 10 percent stake to Dentsu, the Japanese advertising group, for £300m, in a deal that made it the UK’s most valuable technology start-up.

The move will allow DAZN Group to focus entirely on its rapidly expanding streaming service.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermall-charlo-brandon-adams-on-615-68-on-showtime--137641

Jermall Charlo-Brandon Adams on 6/15 or 6/8, on Showtime

By Keith Idec

“The Contender” has secured his title shot.

BoxingScene.com has confirmed through multiple sources that Brandon Adams has agreed to contractual terms to challenge WBC interim middleweight champion Jermall Charlo in his next fight. Showtime will televise the Charlo-Adams match either June 15 or June 8, perhaps from Charlo’s hometown of Houston.

The date and site were not solidified as of Wednesday morning.

Nevertheless, the deal means Adams will get the title shot and accompanying career-high payday he was certain he had earned by winning the fifth season of “The Contender,” which aired on EPIX late last year. Los Angeles’ Adams (21-2, 13 KOs) won season five when he soundly defeated Shane Mosley Jr. (13-3, 8 KOs) by unanimous decision in the 10-round season finale November 9 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.

News of the Charlo-Adams deal was first reported by ESPN.com.

The 29-year-old Adams also was offered a fight against former middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (38-1-1, 34 KOs). That non-title bout would’ve been streamed by DAZN, with which Kazakhstan’s Golovkin recently signed.

Adams opted for Al Haymon’s offer to challenge Charlo on Showtime because it was worth more financially to Adams than the package presented by Golovkin’s handlers.

The 28-year-old Charlo will be heavily favored to defeat Adams, who was stopped by John Thompson (19-4, 7 KOs) in the second round of a junior middleweight match ESPN broadcast in May 2015. Adams since has won four straight fights, each of which was part of the most recent season of “The Contender.”

Charlo (28-0, 21 KOs) will fight for the first time since Russian southpaw Matt Korobov tested him in their December 22 bout at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The 35-year-old Korobov (28-2, 14 KOs) took their FOX fight on just six days’ notice, yet he gave Charlo a much tougher bout than at least one of the scorecards suggested (119-108, 116-112, 116-112).

Korobov inquired about an immediate rematch, but he had to settle for a fight against Immanuwel Aleem (18-1-1, 11 KOs). FOX will televise the Korobov-Aleem match as part of the Jarrett Hurd-Julian Williams undercard May 11 from EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Virginia.

https://www.boxingscene.com/espinoza-lets-get-back-making-biggest-fights-wilder--137631

Espinoza: Let's Get Back To Making Biggest Fights For Wilder

By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – John Skipper has made DAZN’s run at Deontay Wilder.

Bob Arum also has tried to lure the WBC heavyweight champion to ESPN.

Now that Wilder has turned down lucrative, multi-fight offers to perform on each of those platforms, Stephen Espinoza hopes Showtime and its competitors can get back to making the biggest fights for Wilder the way Wilder appears most comfortable attempting to do that. Showtime will televise Wilder’s next fight, a mandatory title defense against Dominic Breazeale, on May 18 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Wilder isn’t contractually committed to Showtime thereafter, yet Espinoza, Showtime Sports’ president, is confident Wilder’s decisions to turn down DAZN and ESPN have sent messages regarding how Wilder wants to go about making a title unification fight against Anthony Joshua or a rematch with Tyson Fury.

“Deontay has always valued his independence and autonomy,” Espinoza told BoxingScene.com recently. “He’s seen firsthand the complications that sort of come with making that commitment. There are certain positives, but there are also negatives in terms of locking in long-term with a promoter or a network. And he’s made the choice, for his own business, to remain a free agent. If he wanted a multi-fight deal with Showtime, he could have one. If he wanted one with other networks, he could have one. But that’s not his priority. That’s not what he values.”

Al Haymon, Wilder’s adviser, and Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, convinced Wilder that by accepting DAZN’s four-fight, $120 million offer that he ultimately would’ve left money on the table for two fights versus Joshua, the IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO champ. Skipper, DAZN’s executive chairman, offered Wilder $40 million apiece for two fights with Joshua, much more than the $15 million flat fee Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, offered him last year to box England’s Joshua in the United Kingdom.

DAZN offered the knockout artist from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, a $20 million guarantee to battle Breazeale, a figure Espinoza indicated Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) at least will come close to earning for fighting Breazeale (20-1, 18 KOs) on Showtime.

“This is his process – seeing what is out there and evaluating it,” Espinoza said. “We certainly don’t begrudge him the opportunity to evaluate all the options. Now, at the end of the day, he looked at the entire range of options – and the advantages and disadvantages to each – and came to the conclusion that he had already had the best arrangement. I think that was combination of factors – the financial opportunities, the visibility, what we’ve achieved so far and the commitment that’s necessary. I think the difficult thing is people told him that they were trying to make these big fights, that they wanted to make a Fury rematch, that they wanted to make a Joshua fight.

“But then, in engaging in the conversation, the true motives came out. And it became clear that the goal was not making a Joshua fight. It was not making a Fury rematch. It was to get Deontay Wilder to sign for four or five fights. That didn’t work. That’s not something he’s interested in. He is confident in his ability to generate revenues, without having to lock in. So now, hopefully, we can back to the original intention – let’s make the big fights. I understand everybody tried to sign him long-term. It’s not gonna work. Now, let’s get back to talking what we should be talking, making these big fights. They’re makeable. We just have to focus on making them.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-violent-brawl-arrested-battery--137651

https://www.boxingscene.com/shakur-stevenson-violent-brawl-arrested-battery--137651

Shakur Stevenson in Violent Brawl, Video Now Surfaces

A video has surfaced, which shows Olympic silver medal winner and rising superstar Shakur Stevenson involved in a brawl at a Miami Beach parking garage.

Stevenson was arrested on July 1 of last year and charged with misdemeanor battery.

The case is still ongoing with the last court date listed of March 11. There are three counts of misdemeanor battery and one count of felony battery being pursued by the prosecutor. A trial hearing is scheduled for June 10.

According to the police report obtained by Miami 10 in Florida, Stevenson and another boxer, David Grayton, made comments to a group of people in the garage, including two women to whom they allegedly directed sexual innuendo, which sparked the fight.

shakur-stevenson%20(4)_13.jpg

Police said paramedics treated a man and a woman at the scene for cuts and bruises.

Stevenson and Grayton fled the scene before officers arrived, the report said. The two were arrested a short time later at their hotel, the report said.

Stevenson had a cut on his lip and Grayton had cuts on his knuckles, the report said.

Stevenson was celebrating his 21st birthday with friends on South Beach.

The video was first published by the website SlaterScoops.com.

Stevenson is set to fight former world title challenger Christopher "Pitufo" Diaz on April 20 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, as part of the undercard to the Terence Crawoford vs. Amir Khan ESPN Pay-Per-View.

When did this video come out?? That's not a good look at all. Stevenson is an Olympic caliber athlete that is projected to make millions and be a big star. Why risk a life time of work and sacrifices over some BS like this?? He could've hurt that guy permanently by hitting him while down. I like Stevenson as a fighter but he could get his licence revoked whilst this is sorted out.

When did this video come out?? That's not a good look at all. Stevenson is an Olympic caliber athlete that is projected to make millions and be a big star. Why risk a life time of work and sacrifices over some BS like this?? He could've hurt that guy permanently by hitting him while down. I like Stevenson as a fighter but he could get his licence revoked whilst this is sorted out.

Quite sure Arum had seen that video before he put Stevenson on this card coming up in a few weeks. Now he might have some problems after this fight but they not about to revoke his license for this upcoming fight.

Stevenson is set to fight former world title challenger Christopher "Pitufo" Diaz on April 20 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, as part of the undercard to the Terence Crawoford vs. Amir Khan ESPN Pay-Per-View.

Quite sure Arum had seen that video before he put Stevenson on this card coming up in a few weeks. Now he might have some problems after this fight but they not about to revoke his license for this upcoming fight.

Yeah, I know he's part of the undercard of Crawford and Khan but when a video like this hits the net a lot of things can change quickly. I haven't yet seen any mainstream media pick up this story so for now, I guess that's good for Stevenson.

Shakur's friend teeing off on that chick is foul as fck smh

And why was Shakur punching the dude in the back off the head, is he trying to break his hand??? Couple of dickheads, Shakur should have his licence suspended...

Back