Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-wilder-fury-rematch-not-february-2020--137363

Bob Arum: Wilder-Fury Rematch - Not Until February 2020

Tyson Fury's next fight will be against undefeated German fighter Tom Schwarz, Top Rank boss Bob Arum had confirmed on Saturday.

Fury will take on the German, who has won all 24 of his bouts, in Las Vegas on June 15 in his first return to the ring since a dramatic draw with Deontay Wilder last December.

Fury and Wilder could not negotiate an immediate rematch, with the Brit signing a multi-year, multi-fight agreement with United States broadcaster ESPN and be co-promoted by Arum and Frank Warren.

Arum told World Boxing News: "We wanted to get a guy who hadn't tasted a loss.

"Tyson is such a big, big guy, we didn't want to put him in with a small guy and Schwarz is a big, big guy. It will make a really compelling fight.

"He was quite willing to take the fight. The terms were negotiated and the idea that he wanted to and is able to fight Tyson Fury. This was never in doubt."

Arum is hopeful a deal can be arranged for Fury to fight Wilder again in early 2020.

"Assuming he (Fury) wins this fight, he'll have another appearance in the United States," Arum added.

"Then hopefully next year in February he'll end up fighting Wilder."

SMDH...

LHW Joshua Buatsi could be a future world champ. I enjoy the way he fights and I'd like to see him step up in class because I think he's ready to take on quality fighters. I'm very interested in how his career develops.

Yeah he looks special, though looked abit wild this last weekend, he threw alot of hooks that missed which is unusual for him... Still he got rid of Conroy in impressive fashion... I think looks small for the weight too when you compare him to alot of the other Light Heavys but he seems to deal with them without getting bullied... I wanna see him expose Anthony Yarde next!!!

https://www.boxingscene.com/espinoza-believe-arum-about-wilder-fury-he-acts-on-it--137415

Espinoza Will Believe Arum About Wilder-Fury When He Acts On It
By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Stephen Espinoza wants to believe Bob Arum.

He really does.

Until Arum acts upon what he has discussed regarding a Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury rematch, though, Espinoza expects that’ll Fury will fight someone other than Wilder next if Fury defeats Tom Schwarz on June 15 in Las Vegas. Espinoza expected a second Wilder-Fury fight to take place May 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Once Fury signed a co-promotional agreement with Arum’s Top Rank Inc. last month, negotiations ceased for Fury to fight Wilder next. Instead, Wilder will make a mandatory defense of his WBC heavyweight title against Dominic Breazeale on May 18 at Barclays Center, four weeks before Fury meets Germany’s Schwarz in a fight ESPN+ will stream from UNLV’s Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Arum suggested Saturday night that a Wilder-Fury rematch wouldn’t happen until at least February, assuming they keep winning. Espinoza, Showtime Sports’ president, discussed the likelihood of an eventual Wilder-Fury rematch recently with BoxingScene.com.

“Conceptually and theoretically, it’s very possible,” Espinoza said. “The question is one of intent, because I’ve heard [Arum] say that there are other fights he’s interested in – Crawford-Spence or Lomachenko-Garcia – and he’s done nothing to advance those. Not a single phone call, not a single attempt to make those fights, other than talking about them publicly.

“So really, it’s not difficult, and I do believe [Arum] wants it. If he says it, until he proves differently, I’ll believe it. But what would be much more convincing than him saying it is to actually act on it and take steps to make any of those fights happen – whether it’s the Fury rematch or any of other big fights.”

For now, Espinoza hopes fans at least appreciate that Wilder-Breazeale isn’t a pay-per-view main event. That took “a significant financial commitment” from Showtime once DAZN proposed a four-fight deal to Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) that would’ve paid him $20 million to box Breazeale (20-1, 18 KOs) before boxing Anthony Joshua.

“There will be some appreciation that this fight is not on pay-per-view, and that was important to Deontay,” Espinoza said. “It required a financial commitment from our network, which we were happy to make – a significant financial commitment. But I think what some of the reaction will be is it creates obstacles toward getting the big fights.

“And certainly, if Deontay would’ve signed with one of these other platforms, maybe you might have seen one of those fights down the line. I don’t think that it means that it’ll be that much harder to get a Fury rematch if [Wilder is] not with ESPN. It’s still eminently doable. What this means is it’s going to take some more work, not that it’s out of the question. But it’s just going to take additional negotiation.”

That would be dope if it next but I'd rather him get that green belt first than fight crawford next by end of year or early next.

Either way time for bsing is almost over. These niggas gotta fight now.
I think now that Spence is seeing payperview money them other dudes in the division have to go through him to see a real payday..
It’s a high risk but also a high reward..
They can’t duck him no more !!

Haymon and whoever else really fucking up if they think Spence vs Porter is a ppv fight. There was just an article a month or so ago showing the viewership numbers of fights involving Spence, Thurman, Porter and maybe Danny Garcia and Porter had the lowest numbers. Nobody knows Porter and most hardcore boxing fans don't like Porter fighting style.

Spence moved 2 steps forward with the Garcia ppv numbers. If they really make Spence vs Porter ppv IMO Spence will take 3 steps back with the numbers that fight does. Put that shit on regular showtime or fox. Porter is not a ppv fighter. If Floyd got weak numbers with Berto on ppv. The fuck makes these people think Spence who not even a certified ppv attraction is going to do numbers with a unknown like Porter?

Folks really be killing their own momentum with dumb ass greedy decisions.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if-no-wilder-then-joshua-faces-usyk-pulev-others--137456

Hearn: If No Wilder - Then Joshua Faces Usyk, Pulev and Others

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua, expects his boxer to stay very busy with mandatory orders - unless a deal is struck for a full division unification with WBC champion Deontay Wilder.

The first order of business is a voluntary defense against undefeated Jarrell Miller on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

If necessary, Hearn says his boxer is willing to vacate one of his titles to secure the unification bout with Wilder.

Hearn would like a Wilder vs. Joshua bout to take place at the end of the year.

Wilder faces WBC mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale on May 18th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

"We don’t want to vacate one of the titles because we want the undisputed fight," Hearn told IFL TV.

"I mean, don’t get me wrong, if a title was vacated, we’d still fight Wilder – but it wouldn’t be the undisputed fight. That’s the golden chalice. So that’s why we want it to happen in November, December."

In terms of mandatory defenses, the WBO will come against Oleksandr Usyk, the IBF has Kubrat Pulev, and then the WBA mandatory will get designated at some point.

"WBO with Usyk, IBF with Pulev is after the WBO mandatory, and then there would be a WBA mandatory, which is not set yet. So [Joshua] is going to have a logjam of mandatories. So after Miller, he’s either going to fight Wilder or another fight or, more likely, Usyk," Hearn said.

"AJ’s fight with Wilder may not be a unification bout if it doesn’t happen this year. If he fights the undisputed fight then he’s got to fight Usyk after. Then he’s got to fight Pulev as another mandatory after that. And then he’s got to fight the WBA one. So that’s when you get into the realms of, are we vacating a belt here? [Wladimir] Klitschko never vacated a belt, but he got criticised because of the mandatories that were put in front of him – was it Tony Thompson he fought twice?"

Haymon and whoever else really fucking up if they think Spence vs Porter is a ppv fight. There was just an article a month or so ago showing the viewership numbers of fights involving Spence, Thurman, Porter and maybe Danny Garcia and Porter had the lowest numbers. Nobody knows Porter and most hardcore boxing fans don't like Porter fighting style.

Spence moved 2 steps forward with the Garcia ppv numbers. If they really make Spence vs Porter ppv IMO Spence will take 3 steps back with the numbers that fight does. Put that shit on regular showtime or fox. Porter is not a ppv fighter. If Floyd got weak numbers with Berto on ppv. The fuck makes these people think Spence who not even a certified ppv attraction is going to do numbers with a unknown like Porter?

Folks really be killing their own momentum with dumb ass greedy decisions.
Porter talking that payperview shit,
we ain’t heard nothing from Spence camp yet.. I think Spence tryna line up the Crawford fight, that shit would definitely be a bigger draw..

https://www.boxingscene.com/kubrat-pulev-reacts-criticism-kissing-reporter-video--137414

Kubrat Pulev Reacts To Criticism For Kissing Reporter in Video

IBF #1 heavyweight contender Kubrat Pulev has dismissed criticism for forcibly kissing sports reporter Jennifer Ravalo on the lips during a post-fight interview on Saturday night.

The 37-year-old had just defeated Romanian boxer Bogdan Dinu in Las Vegas, his 27th win in 28 professional fights and seventh victory since his 2014 knockout loss to former Ukranian heavyweight Wladimir Klitschko.

After the fight, he was interviewed by Jennifer Ravalo, a Vegas Sports Daily reporter also known as Jenny Sushe.

Ravalo asked Pulev whether he should now have the opportunity to fight British boxer Tyson Fury, to which he responded "yes" before putting his hand on her face and kissing her, without her consent.

She laughed off the incident at the time but later described it as "embarassing" and "strange" on Twitter, commenting on a post by a self-described boxing fan from Australia who appeared to find the clip entertaining.

In a post on Instagram on Monday, Pulev defended his actions saying: "You may have seen a clip of me kissing a female reporter following an interview after I won my fight Saturday night. The reporter, Jenny, is actually a friend of mine, and after the interview, I was so elated, I gave her a kiss."

"Later that night, she joined me and my other friends at my post-fight celebration. On the video, after our kiss, we both laughed about it and thanked each other. There really is nothing more to this."

While some social media users appeared to find the incident amusing, others condemned Pulev's actions, saying they constituted sexual harassment, and that he should be banned from the sport.

At the 2017 French Open, French tennis player Maxime Hamou repeatedly kissed journalist Maly Thomas on live television as she tried to get away. Hamou was condemned by the French Tennis Federation and banned from the competition.

"If I hadn't been live on air, I would have punched him," Thomas later told The Huffington Post.

Manou issued an apology statement on Facebook, writing "I offer my deep apologies to Maly Thomas if she feels hurt or shocked by my attitude during her interview".

In Australia, West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle stirred controversy when he invited Network Ten Journalist Mel McLaughlin to a drink during a post-match interview in 2016.

He then said "don't blush baby" to which McLaughlin replied "I'm not blushing."

Gayle was fined $10,000 over the incident.

https://www.boxingscene.com/female-reporter-hires-powerful-attorney-over-kubrat-pulev-kiss--137474

Female Reporter Hires Powerful Attorney Over Kubrat Pulev Kiss

According to TMZ, the female reporter who was suddenly kissed by Kubrat Pulev during an interview has lawyered up ... and she hired powerful attorney Gloria Allred, who's been involved in a who's who of high profile sexual assault cases.

The video went viral over the weekend -- showing 37-year-old Bulgarian heavyweight planting a kiss on the mouth of reporter Jennifer Ravalo, AKA Jenny Sushe, during a post-fight interview.

TMZ notes that Allred is holding a press conference Thursday to announce the plan of attack.

A few days ago, Pulev, the IBF's #1 heavyweight contender, dismissed criticism for forcibly kissing Ravalo on the lips during their interview on Saturday night.

The 37-year-old had just defeated Romanian Bogdan Dinu in Las Vegas, his 27th win in 28 professional fights and seventh victory since his 2014 knockout loss to former world champion Wladimir Klitschko.

After the fight, he was interviewed by Ravalo.

Ravalo asked Pulev whether he should now have the opportunity to fight British boxer Tyson Fury, to which he responded "yes" before putting his hand on her face and kissing her, without her consent.

She laughed off the incident at the time but later described it as "embarassing" and "strange" on Twitter, commenting on a post by a self-described boxing fan from Australia who appeared to find the clip entertaining.

In a post on Instagram on Monday, Pulev defended his actions saying: "You may have seen a clip of me kissing a female reporter following an interview after I won my fight Saturday night. The reporter, Jenny, is actually a friend of mine, and after the interview, I was so elated, I gave her a kiss."

"Later that night, she joined me and my other friends at my post-fight celebration. On the video, after our kiss, we both laughed about it and thanked each other. There really is nothing more to this."

While some social media users appeared to find the incident amusing, others condemned Pulev's actions, saying they constituted sexual harassment, and that he should be banned from the sport.

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-crawford-khan-splendid-pay-per-view-event--137463

Bob Arum: Crawford-Khan Is A Splendid Pay-Per-View Event

By Keith Idec

Bob Arum’s acumen in peddling pay-per-view events essentially is unmatched in boxing.

Thus the 87-year-old promoter didn’t hesitate Tuesday to make his case for offering Terence Crawford-Amir Khan on pay-per-view April 20 from Madison Square Garden. When asked what makes their welterweight title fight worthy of that expensive platform, Arum broke down what necessitated taking Crawford-Khan to pay-per-view.

The bottom line, Arum explained during a conference call, is that this fight simply cost too much to make for ESPN to air it either live on the network or to offer it on ESPN+, the streaming service the basic-cable giant is building. Khan’s guarantee reportedly is at least $5 million, comparable to the combined earnings of Crawford’s seven previous opponents.

“It’s the matchup that warrants the pay-per-view,” Arum said. “It’s also because it’s such a big fight, that this is professional boxing, and the fighters have to be compensated because it’s such a big fight. And therefore, you cannot rely on a network to constantly come up with big, big money as a rights fee. So, if the fight is big enough, you have to then go to the public and say to the public, ‘Hey, this is a terrific fight. You have to support the fight.’ Now, sometimes the public says no. But if we have confidence in the event, they’ll say yes. So that’s really what it’s about.

“We can stop playing the games of whether a fight should be pay-per-view or shouldn’t be pay-per-view. The first question, is it a really good matchup, really an interesting event? And then, secondly, is it affordable on regular television? Can a rights fee support the fight? And in this case, we have a splendid event and we have fighters who have to be and should be compensated for their performances. And therefore, you go to pay-per-view. That is the mindset. Everything else is noise.”

Arum’s company, Top Rank Inc., initially intended for former WBA welterweight champ Luis Collazo to become Crawford’s next opponent. The 37-year-old Collazo (39-7, 20 KOs) signed a contract to challenge Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs), but Crawford wanted a fight that’d be more appealing to the paying public.

Top Rank offered former welterweight and junior welterweight champ Danny Garcia (34-2, 20 KOs) a $4 million guarantee to face Crawford. Angel Garcia, Danny’s father/trainer, never responded to Top Rank’s offer.

That’s when Top Rank turned its attention to England’s Khan (33-4, 20 KOs).

https://www.boxingscene.com/spences-options-next-fight-probably-down-porter-garcia--137498

Spence's Options For Next Fight Probably Down To Porter, Garcia
By Keith Idec

Let’s preface this by understanding that the welterweight title fight we all want later this year, Terence Crawford versus Errol Spence Jr., won’t happen next if the heavily favored Crawford wins against Amir Khan on April 20.

Ideally, that’s the fascinating fight we’d get. But with boxing being boxing, we’ll be forced instead to watch Crawford and Spence face other opponents incapable of beating either one of them.

When Crawford and Spence win those fights, we’ll be right where we are now toward the end of 2019 – rightfully pessimistic regarding the likelihood of boxing’s best welterweights settling this in the ring once and for all.

The feeling among most boxing fans is that Spence has more options for his next fight than Crawford. Theoretically, that’s true because four other boxers who either hold or once owned welterweight titles are represented by the same man, Al Haymon, as Spence and fight for Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions organization.

Conversely, Crawford’s promoter, Bob Arum, doesn’t handle another welterweight as accomplished as Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman or Manny Pacquiao. Only two of those potential Spence opponents – Garcia and Porter – actually are realistic options for the IBF welterweight champion’s next fight, though.

One of them – Garcia – already has turned down a $4 million guarantee to challenge Crawford for his WBO welterweight title. Arum figures to make another more costly run at Garcia if the former WBC welterweight champion defeats Adrian Granados the same night Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) and Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) are scheduled to box at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Haymon clearly could at least match Arum’s increased offer for Garcia, which could leave Crawford to defend his 147-pound championship against Egidjius Kavaliauskas sometime this summer in Crawford’s hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. Lithuania’s Kavaliauskas (21-0, 17 KOs) must defeat Philadelphia’s Ray Robinson (24-3, 12 KOs) on Saturday night at 2300 Arena in Philadelphia (ESPN; 10 p.m. ET/7p.m. PT) to remain in contention to challenge Crawford.

Assuming Crawford and Kavaliauskas win their upcoming fights, below is the order in which Spence’s potential opponents should realistically be viewed.

Shawn Porter

The Akron, Ohio native is more appealing than Garcia because Porter beat Garcia by unanimous decision September 8 to win the WBC welterweight title Thurman was forced to give up nearly a year ago due to inactivity caused by elbow and hand injuries.

Spence specifically questioned Porter’s willingness to fight him both before and after he dominated Mikey Garcia on March 16 because Spence realizes Porter is both available and valuable. Most important, Porter would afford Spence the chance to add another welterweight title to his collection, one more than Crawford owns.

The challenge for Haymon will be to meet Porter’s sizeable financial request for this 147-pound championship unification fight. If Haymon is willing to accommodate Porter’s understandable monetary demands, we’re most likely to see Spence-Porter next.

Problem is, Spence and Porter will want pay-per-view money for a fight that isn’t as intriguing as Spence-Garcia, which was commercially successfully because it produced more than 300,000 buys in the first such event for Spence and Garcia. The 29-year-old Spence would be heavily favored to topple Porter, too, but the then-unbeaten Garcia (39-1, 30 KOs) at least convinced a certain faction of fans that their purchase was worthwhile because he was capable of pulling off an upset.

The same might not be thought of Porter, particularly in the alarming aftermath of a mandatory title defense against Cuba’s Yordenis Ugas. Porter entered their 12-round title match March 9 as a 4-1 favorite, but plenty of fans and media came away from their FOX main event convinced that the unheralded Ugas (23-4, 11 KOs) did enough to upset Porter (30-2-1, 17 KOs).

Danny Garcia

Porter edged Danny Garcia six months ago, but Danny Garcia’s power probably could make him a more threatening foe for Spence than Porter. Philadelphia’s Danny Garcia (34-2, 20 KOs) also would be a big underdog versus the DeSoto, Texas, native, yet he would occupy an enviable position if he wins against Granados (20-6-2, 14 KOs, 1 NC) in another fight FOX will air next month from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.

Arum obviously is interested in matching Danny Garcia against Crawford, which could cause a bidding battle between Arum and Haymon to get Garcia to fight Crawford or Spence, respectively. This scenario could unfold if Porter hesitates again to face Spence, but it also would require Arum to put back-to-back Crawford fights on pay-per-view.

That’d be a tough sell if Crawford-Khan doesn’t do well on that pricey platform, as many within the boxing industry anticipate.

Manny Pacquiao

Talk about an ominous omission.

Pacquiao polled his Twitter followers and others over the weekend to find out exactly who they want him to fight next. Spence wasn’t even on the list, despite that Pacquiao pretended to be interested in opposing the bigger, stronger, younger champion in the immediate aftermath of his one-sided victory over Mikey Garcia nearly two weeks ago at AT&T Stadium.

The 40-year-old Pacquiao actually had hoped Mikey Garcia would’ve been at least more competitive against Spence (25-0, 21 KOs). That way, Pacquiao could’ve gauged interest in a fight against another small welterweight who helped Spence attract an impressive crowd of 47,525 to the sprawling home of the Dallas Cowboys.

Haymon couldn’t pitch Pacquiao-Mikey Garcia next now that Spence has beaten the four-division champion so handily.

That likely will leave Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs), who holds a version of the WBA’s welterweight championship, to battle Thurman sometime in July. Pacquiao will be available at that time because the Senate will be out of session in the Philippines.

Keith Thurman

The 30-year-old Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC), the true WBA welterweight champion, wants to fight Pacquiao next.

The Clearwater, Florida, native obviously does not feel the same way about Spence. Josesito Lopez hurt Thurman in the seventh round of their fight January 26 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, which marked Thurman’s return from a 22-month layoff.

Though Thurman fended off Lopez, his 12-round, majority-decision defeat of a huge underdog created more questions than it answered as to whether the Thurman that defeated Danny Garcia by split decision two years ago still exists.

Thurman also realizes he can make a lot of money for boxing Pacquiao and that he’ll have a much better chance of defeating a southpaw who’s significantly smaller and older than Spence.

A Thurman-Porter rematch makes sense, too, because their first fight was so competitive and entertaining in June 2016. Porter, who won the WBC welterweight title only because Thurman relinquished it, wants a chance to avenge that 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Thurman.

Whether Thurman fights Pacquiao or Porter, everything he has said recently regarding Spence indicates he wouldn’t seriously consider that difficult unification fight until 2020 at the earliest.

https://www.boxingscene.com/female-reporter-sue-pulev-no-friend-grabbed-my-backside--137483

Female Reporter To Sue: Pulev is No Friend, Grabbed My Backside

As previously reported, female reporter Jennifer "Jenny Sushe" Ravalo hired powerful women's rights attorney Gloria Allred - in response to a viral incident from Saturday night, where she was forcefully kissed on the mouth by boxer during a post0fight interview.

The interview took place after Pulev stopped Bogdan Dinu in the main event of a Top Rank card in Costa Mesa, California.

When Ravalo asked him whether he should be next in line to face lineal champion Tyson Fury should the big Brit defeat Tom Schwarz on June 15, Pulev said "yes" before grabbing Sushe's face and kissing her firmly on the mouth.

The incident brought the interview to an abrupt conclusion, with a shocked Ravalo trying to laugh it off, muttering "Jesus Christ" to the camera as Pulev walked off.

Following the incident, Pulev issued a statement and said Ravalo is a "friend of mine" and laughed the incident off.

Allred held a press conference with Ravalo in Los Angeles, where she gave her side of the story.

She told the media that she was "immediately shocked and embarrassed" after Pulev kissed her and "didn't know how to respond".

She also claimed that the boxer had sexually assaulted her off camera, grabbing both of her buttocks and squeezing with both of his hands.

"I started the interview and mid-interview he grabbed my face and kissed me. I was immediately shocked, embarrassed and I didn’t know how to respond. Next I walked to a table to put my items into a backpack. He grabbed both of my buttocks and squeezed with both of his hands. Then he walked away without saying anything to me and laughed," Ravalo said. "It made me feel uncomfortable and frustrated that Kubrat Pulev would treat me in such an unprofessional manner.

"I did not encourage or consent to Mr Pulev kissing me or grabbing my backside. I was there at the event covering the boxing match as a professional member of the press".

Ravalo also denied being friends with Pulev and called the behavior as "not acceptable." She says she contacted Allred in order to "impose consequences on Mr Pulev for what he did to me".

"A man should ask a woman before he kisses her. That did not happen in this encounter with Mr Pulev and that is why I'm speaking out today," Ravalo said.

"Later that night a friend invited me to an after party. There was an opportunity to interview more fighters and so I decided to go. Mr Pulev did not join until the very end of the night. He acted like nothing happened, but at the end of the party, he asked me to remove the kiss from the interview.

"I did not remove it, but I posted it, because I wanted people to see what he had done to me. I wanted him to be accountable. I did not want him to get away with it. What he did to me was disgusting. I felt humiliated and no woman should be treated this way. Mr Pulev and I were not friends, and were not in a romantic relationship. He had no right to kiss me."

Last edited:
ain't nobody defending that shit. we all saw that shit like

giphy.gif

Back