Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

priest walking out WHC at WM
Hmm..

I think for the WHC, HHH should still do Rollins/Gunther at Mania. The downside Gunther loses his first match but Priest cashes-in on Rollins immediately after the match and wins the gold.

I think Judgment Day is going to be done either by WrestleMania or whenever the next draft comes up. We might get Priest vs Balor at WM 40.

Hmm..

I think for the WHC, HHH should still do Rollins/Gunther at Mania. The downside Gunther loses his first match but Priest cashes-in on Rollins immediately after the match and wins the gold.

I think Judgment Day is going to be done either by WrestleMania or whenever the next draft comes up. We might get Priest vs Balor at WM 40.
I wouldnt be mad with Rollins being rewarded with a retain at Mania for coming in clutch for WWE the past 3 years. I already see Roman, Iyo, and possibly Gunther losing their titles at Mania.

I think Priest MITB will be the next failed cash in wheneve it happens...maybe even cus of Balor/JD.

Nah its what prowrestling is all about. Rock V Roman is the biggest match on a grand stage right now. Just like Rock v Hogan at Mania 18. I hate when folks say shit like "__ is corny" when pro wrestling is 99% corny from most people looking in but us wrestling fans love the corny wacky off the wall shit pro wrestling is and always was.

Rock as the final battle for the Bloodline was always the right story to take it at the end from a mega match stand point. Cody taking the belt is definitely happening still its just depends on if Roman pulling a double header at Mania on seperate nights. WWE has a job of explaining the road to Mania and im all ears the next few weeks, Cody def getting his pie out of it.

Rock v Roman will def be the last big high profile match for a while for sure.

OG gets it

wrestlemania has ALWAYS been about delivering big matches/dream matches and this is one that a lot of ppl did want... the IWC is very upset about this shit but i know a lot of niggas who dont follow this shit from week to week who are hype as shit about the Rock possibly fighting Roman. Not only that but the Bloodline story while it has cooled off is still the biggest story the company has had going and that shit needs to be paid off.

At this point im just waiting to see how shit plays out like Will said Mania is in April so we still got time to see if they make any changes or if this all is just one big swerve where Cody spins the block and says "Nah, I changed my mind again and I want in the match" I mean that could happen. Somebody pointed out how he looked disappointed when leaving the ring tonight and that all could of been done purposely so that he can come back later and say that he wants to be in the match... this could lead us down the triple threat road but the Rock really dont need to be in no title match

OG gets it

wrestlemania has ALWAYS been about delivering big matches/dream matches and this is one that a lot of did want... the IWC is very upset about this shit but i know a lot of niggas who dont follow this shit from week to week who are hype as shit about the Rock possibly fighting Roman. Not only that but the Bloodline story while it has cooled off is still the biggest story the company has had going and that shit needs to be paid off.
It blows my mind folks cant even digest that. Its simple wrestling business and the biggest match they have on their hands this gen. This very well might be Rocks final match and him putting over FAMILY is top tier booking.

TRUST Cody getting that belt.

I wouldnt be mad with Rollins being rewarded with a retain at Mania for coming in clutch for WWE the past 3 years. I already see Roman, Iyo, and possibly Gunther losing their titles at Mania.

I think Priest MITB will be the next failed cash in wheneve it happens...maybe even cus of Balor/JD.
I think either Priest or Balor gets the boot from Judgment Day if Priest cash-in fails. They can easily set up Priest vs Balor have them do a rematch w/DIY on RAW. JD costs them the tag titles.

Then either do another rematch the first week of March and lose b/c of a fuck up or have Balor or JD almost cost Priest the match. Priest gets pissed starts to fight w/Balor & JD then Dom tries to intervene but Priest pushes Dom and then Balor, JD, & Dom attacks Priest.

Priest vs Balor - WM40 (MITB briefcase on the line)

OG gets it

wrestlemania has ALWAYS been about delivering big matches/dream matches and this is one that a lot of ppl did want... the IWC is very upset about this shit but i know a lot of niggas who dont follow this shit from week to week who are hype as shit about the Rock possibly fighting Roman. Not only that but the Bloodline story while it has cooled off is still the biggest story the company has had going and that shit needs to be paid off.
I understand WWE wanting to deliver BIG matches on its biggest PPV of the year and the name recognition of ROCK vs REIGNS = $$$. The problem though Rock is 10 - 11 years past his prime at 50 - 51 yrs old. His last match was with Cena at WM 29 (in a trash rematch) in which he injured himself to the point he needed surgery after the match. Dude can run the risk of getting hurt again or we get a shitty match out the deal.

I reached out to Coachman, since he was on the topic of wrestling at the time, to see his thoughts on tonight:

I understand WWE wanting to deliver BIG matches on its biggest PPV of the year and the name recognition of ROCK vs REIGNS = $$$. The problem though Rock is 10 - 11 years past his prime at 50 - 51 yrs old. His last match was with Cena at WM 29 (in a trash rematch) in which he injured himself to the point he needed surgery after the match. Dude can run the risk of getting hurt again or we get a shitty match out the deal.

Lol i thought about that shit too. Rock getting in there and getting hurt half way through the match or just giving a shitty performance in general would be the worst thing that could happen for this match.. im hoping that now that it seems to be a thing that he gonna be training his ass off so he is ready. I just dont see him being as washed as people think. I think he'll give us a better performance than Austin did against KO that year.

Shiiiitt.. If they were smart theyd turn the shit into a cinematic match. That not only protects Rock but would be huge imo w since the nigga is already A list celeb + they always talking about tribal combat and all that. I know that they wanted bring all of them together to acknowledge Roman in a ceremony (Even the ones not under contract that are a part of the samoan dynasty) but it fell through because one of the elders was sick or something. Now Jacob Fatu is a free agent, so is Zilla, and a few of the guys from NJPW.. if they could bring them all together, throw Jey back into the mix as well then that would be crazy.

Damnit I forgot all about watching Smackdown and I see Rocks bald ass head when I start lurking around YouTube. This is bullshit. Expect to see both World titles stay where they at cuz I don’t see Rollins jobbing to Cody at Wrestlemania again. Took a lot of dominos to fall for this to happen. Punks injury, the Vince bullshit pulling Brock out… but we got it. Rock vs Roman.

The only plus side with this is I think it likely means Priest cashes in either at Wrestlemania or soon after.

Last edited:
Lol i thought about that shit too. Rock getting in there and getting hurt half way through the match or just giving a shitty performance in general would be the worst thing that could happen for this match.. im hoping that now that it seems to be a thing that he gonna be training his ass off so he is ready. I just dont see him being as washed as people think. I think he'll give us a better performance than Austin did against KO that year.
Stone Cold is almost in his 60s and he got a fucked up neck and bad knees wasn't much he could do physical but he did a good job w/KO.

I think Rock vs Reigns should go at least 20 mins w/Roman going over. I just hope Rock don't get gassed out (like Punk did) early in the match.

Makes me wonder however about Elimination Chamber. Is Cody defending his title shot in the Chamber?

After thinking about it… I still think somehow Cody leaves Wrestlemania with the title. Cuz them having Roman hold the title for another whole year would be ridiculous. Cody is as hot as he’s ever been if they don’t crown him now.. it’s just a very awkward situation.

Last edited:
Back