Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

Roman beating Rock would be like Thanos getting all the Infinity Stones and his head at an all time high and a mega power rush of cockiness just to get slayed by Cody the next night, shit is a complete Mania package you cant get most the time.
The thing is Cody said he's not challenging at Mania. They fucked themselves putting Rock into this before Cody got his win. If they was going to do rock vs roman then they should have had rock help cody win the title and then have roman come after rocky t Summerslam.

I reached out to Coachman, since he was on the topic of wrestling at the time, to see his thoughts on tonight:

The only problem wit this is that TODAY'S fans got the attention span of Dory from "Finding Nemo".

They waited a whole year for Cody to run it back wit Roman. So now you gonna ask them again to possibly wait another year?? Naw. By then folks either gonna lose interest or turn on Cody. Part of me still think it's gonna be Cody vs Roman at WM40. Mainly b/c of one reason...he mentioned Bruno's name. Bruno sits at the top of the upper echelon when it comes to title holders. So I feel it's a key indicator that it's still goin goin down at WM40.

BUT...imma sit back and wait. I know everyone throwing out their own scenarios and all. I think it's best to just fall back, and take the wait and see approach on this. Cuz WWE has proved that there's NO obvious answer to this, which could be done by design. But we'll see.

the idea that Roman would work back to back WM nights when he barely works back to back PLE’s is hilarious

not to mention cody beating roman for the championship one day after reigns went to war with the rock doesn’t exactly make cody look strong. there’s an asterisk next to his win

niggas doing mental gymnastics trying to make this make sense. like i said, cody should’ve beat roman LAST year for the title. but they had to drag it out. now shit is so convoluted, the RR winner who earned the right to main event wrestlemania…won’t main event wrestlemania. and instead, admitted on live TV he’s not good enough to take “everything” from roman so he passed that responsibility off to the rock

drew was right, there’s some fuckery going on around this place

Nah its what prowrestling is all about. Rock V Roman is the biggest match on a grand stage right now. Just like Rock v Hogan at Mania 18. I hate when folks say shit like "__ is corny" when pro wrestling is 99% corny from most people looking in but us wrestling fans love the corny wacky off the wall shit pro wrestling is and always was.

Rock as the final battle for the Bloodline was always the right story to take it at the end from a mega match stand point. Cody taking the belt is definitely happening still its just depends on if Roman pulling a double header at Mania on seperate nights. WWE has a job of explaining the road to Mania and im all ears the next few weeks, Cody def getting his pie out of it.

Rock v Roman will def be the last big high profile match for a while for sure.

These two right here. ✅

The only problem wit this is that TODAY'S fans got the attention span of Dory from "Finding Nemo".

They waited a whole year for Cody to run it back wit Roman. So now you gonna ask them again to possibly wait another year?? Naw. By then folks either gonna lose interest or turn on Cody. Part of me still think it's gonna be Cody vs Roman at WM40. Mainly b/c of one reason...he mentioned Bruno's name. Bruno sits at the top of the upper echelon when it comes to title holders. So I feel it's a key indicator that it's still goin goin down at WM40.

BUT...imma sit back and wait. I know everyone throwing out their own scenarios and all. I think it's best to just fall back, and take the wait and see approach on this. Cuz WWE has proved that there's NO obvious answer to this, which could be done by design. But we'll see.
Yeah I saw that dumb ass tweet by The Coach and he's just about out of touch with the WWE product just as Vince was when he was running the show. The Coach talking about WM40 needs star power... We'll here's an idea... how about using guys like Gunther, Rhodes, LA Knight, etc., and make them turn them into stars instead of shoehorning guys from the past like Rock into a championship match that potentially could be a bomb.

We still have 2 months before WrestleMania. HHH might have just pulled a BIG swerve where Cody still gets his MOMENT. Waiting another year for Cody to finish his story? People will tune out Cody and move on to something else.

Yeah I saw that dumb ass tweet by The Coach and he's just about out of touch with the WWE product just as Vince was when he was running the show. The Coach talking about WM40 needs star power... We'll here's an idea... how about using guys like Gunther, Rhodes, LA Knight, etc., and make them turn them into stars instead of shoehorning guys from the past like Rock into a championship match that potentially could be a bomb.

We still have 2 months before WrestleMania. HHH might have just pulled a BIG swerve where Cody still gets his MOMENT. Waiting another year for Cody to finish his story? People will tune out Cody and move on to something else.

I think it's a swerve too but we'll see. I think last night was done to get everyone to overreact, based off folks continuing mentioning Rock vs Roman st WM.

But Coach's comments tho...naw bruh. I mean Cody not winning last year was the right move imo. B/c if he's goin to be the Super Saiyan babyface of the company after Roman, then they had to build him up to be that way AND sustain it throughout goin forward. If his own brother said that's how their dad would've written it, then I gotta go wit it.

I'll say this. IF it's Roman vs Rock at WM40...main event...title on the line...then that tells me WWE is wanting Roman to pass Hogan. And he'll do that come SS this year.

Back