Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

Well. They got plenty of time to sort this out

I always thought if Rock vs Roman were to happen it wouldn’t be for a title nor should it be because there’s no way rock leaves as champion, right?

Welp

And even worse, Cody has beaten Seth 3 times before at a PLE. Surely he won’t beat him a 4th for a world title, right??

They got plenty of time to tell a story but I honestly did not like how Smackdown ended. They got some serious explaining to do

Last edited:
I've said time and time and time again....

Keep the Rock away from the bloodline. It's always gonna feel forced. I don't care about how popular the Rock is. It's a bad ending to the angle.

Months ago I said if they really wanna force the rock into it... It should have been Rock vs Roman at Royal Rumble. The other three guys could have been in the actual rumble match.

But everybody keeps saying Rock vs Roman has to happen at WM. And I just disagree. It's gonna be corny

I've said time and time and time again....

Keep the Rock away from the bloodline. It's always gonna feel forced. I don't care about how popular the Rock is. It's a bad ending to the angle.

Months ago I said if they really wanna force the rock into it... It should have been Rock vs Roman at Royal Rumble. The other three guys could have been in the actual rumble match.

But everybody keeps saying Rock vs Roman has to happen at WM. And I just disagree. It's gonna be corny
Nah its what prowrestling is all about. Rock V Roman is the biggest match on a grand stage right now. Just like Rock v Hogan at Mania 18. I hate when folks say shit like "__ is corny" when pro wrestling is 99% corny from most people looking in but us wrestling fans love the corny wacky off the wall shit pro wrestling is and always was.

Rock as the final battle for the Bloodline was always the right story to take it at the end from a mega match stand point. Cody taking the belt is definitely happening still its just depends on if Roman pulling a double header at Mania on seperate nights. WWE has a job of explaining the road to Mania and im all ears the next few weeks, Cody def getting his pie out of it.

Rock v Roman will def be the last big high profile match for a while for sure.

Nah its what prowrestling is all about. Rock V Roman is the biggest match on a grand stage right now. Just like Rock v Hogan at Mania 18. I hate when folks say shit like "__ is corny" when pro wrestling is 99% corny from most people looking in but us wrestling fans love the corny wacky off the wall shit pro wrestling is and always was.

Rock as the final battle for the Bloodline was always the right story to take it at the end from a mega match stand point. Cody taking the belt is definitely happening still its just depends on if Roman pulling a double header at Mania on seperate nights. WWE has a job of explaining the road to Mania and im all ears the next few weeks, Cody def getting his pie out of it.

Rock v Roman will def be the last big high profile match for a while for sure.

Rock Hogan was gonna happen and we knew it and it made sense.

Rock as the final battle would’ve made sense @WM39 tbh. The BL angle is now dead and they’re just his goons. Now it doesn’t make sense. They were HOT and now not so much.

Rock as the final battle would’ve made sense @WM39 tbh. The BL angle is now dead and they’re just his goons. Now it doesn’t make sense. They were HOT and now not so much.
It was always supposed to be the end game. We knew it and it made sense. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Roman v Rock is this gens Rock v Hogan. I didnt want to watch washed Hogan wrestle Rock either back then but they put on a classic story based Mania match.

The only issue here is how they left a cliffhanger on how Cody will play out because we all know he is getting that title and Rock isnt but more so how they make it all make sense. Instead of everybody crying and hands in the air lets wait and see whats to come. We all know they drag these types of things during Mania season.

Last edited:
Another situation I think that could be possible for WrestleMania 40:

Rock vs Reigns - Undisputed WWE Title

Cody gets the winner of Reigns vs Rock on Night 2:

Kinda make it look like a WM 10 scenario where Bret faced Owen in the first match and loss but came back later in the evening to beat Yokozuna for the WWF Title.

Another situation I think that could be possible for WrestleMania 40:

Rock vs Reigns - Undisputed WWE Title

Cody gets the winner of Reigns vs Rock on Night 2:

Kinda make it look like a WM 10 scenario where Bret faced Owen in the first match and loss but came back later in the evening to beat Yokozuna for the WWF Title.
Roman defeats Rock to get his "torch" win like when Rock beat Hogan.

Cody gets the huge baby face win for Dusty to end Mania night 2..

Again another good route they can run.

Yup. The wheels fell off the Bloodline story at SummerSlam last year after that shitty match Roman had w/Jey. This is why The Bloodline story should have been finished at last year's Mania. This is why you don't drag shit out for too long.

Cody already said thatts the title he wants so he not going after Rollins.

In all honestly now that Punk hurt I just dont really care for Rollins match at Mania. Nobody on the card screams big and freah against him right now beside Walter but I guarantee it wont be him this year. They probably will run Drew and Rollins. Ehh.

Yup. The wheels fell off the Bloodline story at SummerSlam last year after that shitty match Roman had w/Jey. This is why The Bloodline story should have been finished at last year's Mania. This is why you don't drag shit out for too long.
And Cody should of won last Mania. To me Bloodline since then just been coasting on mid. But since we here still...kill it the right way while giving Roman the huge win over Rock thinking he is untouchable then boom...Cody kills the king.

I know folks before wanted the idea of a Bloodline 2.0 with Solo and whoever but honestly fuck all that. You start getting to NWO 99-2000 status of stretching something too far.

Roman beating Rock would be like Thanos getting all the Infinity Stones and his head at an all time high and a mega power rush of cockiness just to get slayed by Cody the next night, shit is a complete Mania package you cant get most the time.

Last edited:
Back