Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

But...but...I thought this is what muthafuccas wanted tho?? Muthafuccas been talkin about wanting this since last year. Oh but now since yall spoke this shyt into existence and reality is settin in that it could possibly happen...now folks wanna cry and complain about it. FOH! This is YOU ALL FAULT!

Next time know your roll...shut your mouth...and sit your candy azzz down somewhere!

But...but...I thought this is what muthafuccas wanted tho?? Muthafuccas been talkin about wanting this since last year. Oh but now since yall spoke this shyt into existence and reality is settin in that it could possibly happen...now folks wanna cry and complain about it. FOH! This is YOU ALL FAULT!

Next time know your roll...shut your mouth...and sit your candy azzz down somewhere!

Because last year it made sense. The Bloodline was HOT. Rocky coming in wouldve shot it through the stratosphere.

Now? We are past it. They completed the storyline.

At this moment, Rock makes no sense in anything. And honestly, to make it have better sense, Rock should’ve won RR. Yeah, ppl wouldn’t be happy but it would make sense since that’s what the RR winner does - go to WM.

Cody wins, comes out to seemingly challenge Roman and they said nah.

That’s why we dislike this so much.

listening to Busted Open from this past Tuesday...*sighs*

It's amazing sometimes how Bully can contradict himself in a statement. Smh.

Says the 3 Cody wins against Seth mean nothing, b/c athletes remember the losses more. But then says Cody should go after Seth...but just ignore Cody's loss to Roman. HUH??

Last edited:
I understand WWE wanting to deliver BIG matches on its biggest PPV of the year and the name recognition of ROCK vs REIGNS = $$$. The problem though Rock is 10 - 11 years past his prime at 50 - 51 yrs old. His last match was with Cena at WM 29 (in a trash rematch) in which he injured himself to the point he needed surgery after the match. Dude can run the risk of getting hurt again or we get a shitty match out the deal.
OG already addressed that…the in ring of this match is NOT the focal point

This match is driven by the story…the moment. Just finally seeing Rock face to face with Reigns was a GOAT moment. I only wish it was in a bigger market but that crowd was HOT.

The layers of story in this match are numerous

Just ONE of the layers is that remember Reigns rumble win…when Rock raised his hand and they both got booed out the building

Remember where that was…

PHILLY

Where is Mania

PHILLY

I think it's a swerve too but we'll see. I think last night was done to get everyone to overreact, based off folks continuing mentioning Rock vs Roman st WM.

But Coach's comments tho...naw bruh. I mean Cody not winning last year was the right move imo. B/c if he's goin to be the Super Saiyan babyface of the company after Roman, then they had to build him up to be that way AND sustain it throughout goin forward. If his own brother said that's how their dad would've written it, then I gotta go wit it.

I'll say this. IF it's Roman vs Rock at WM40...main event...title on the line...then that tells me WWE is wanting Roman to pass Hogan. And he'll do that come SS this year.
Roman wouldn't pass Hogan's reign until September so Roman would still have to get past whoever HHH puts him against for SummerSlam.

Shiiiitt.. If they were smart theyd turn the shit into a cinematic match. That not only protects Rock but would be huge imo w since the nigga is already A list celeb + they always talking about tribal combat and all that. I know that they wanted bring all of them together to acknowledge Roman in a ceremony (Even the ones not under contract that are a part of the samoan dynasty) but it fell through because one of the elders was sick or something. Now Jacob Fatu is a free agent, so is Zilla, and a few of the guys from NJPW.. if they could bring them all together, throw Jey back into the mix as well then that would be crazy.
I always envisioned this match being seeped in the samoan warrior culture

Have them perform the Siva Tau, have the elders seated at the top of the ramp

All the family there and legit one on one no interference for the title of Chief

They really could make this shit GRAND.

The only problem wit this is that TODAY'S fans got the attention span of Dory from "Finding Nemo".

They waited a whole year for Cody to run it back wit Roman. So now you gonna ask them again to possibly wait another year?? Naw. By then folks either gonna lose interest or turn on Cody. Part of me still think it's gonna be Cody vs Roman at WM40. Mainly b/c of one reason...he mentioned Bruno's name. Bruno sits at the top of the upper echelon when it comes to title holders. So I feel it's a key indicator that it's still goin goin down at WM40.

BUT...imma sit back and wait. I know everyone throwing out their own scenarios and all. I think it's best to just fall back, and take the wait and see approach on this. Cuz WWE has proved that there's NO obvious answer to this, which could be done by design. But we'll see.

yea, I agreed w/ evrthing Coach said OTHER THAN the part about it giving them another year for the Cody/Roman feud.. that shit needs to end either at Mania or Summerslam at the latest. It shouldn't stretch out beyond that. Mania would of been the perfect ending but plans changed supposedly 🤷🏾‍♂️

Vocal minority crying like always lol

Back