Welcome To aBlackWeb

Free will. What is it and does it really exist?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
i often hear we were given the gift if free will....but what is it and does it really exist?

My understanding of "free will" is our will is free from constraints and restrictions in comparison to the traditional understanding of free will.

For example, I can will to want a coffee no matter what anyone does to impede me. They can beat me, restrain me, kill me even yet they cannot touch my will to want that coffee.

As Vibe has pointed out tho, the bible does not support the idea of free will, in fact there is more evidence through verses we are gods puppets.

I dont think it exists. We all are products of environments and operate under some system. So the choices we make or the things we want are either because our environment provided it or we're moving in spite of it.

My understanding of "free will" is our will is free from constraints and restrictions in comparison to the traditional understanding of free will.

For example, I can will to want a coffee no matter what anyone does to impede me. They can beat me, restrain me, kill me even yet they cannot touch my will to want that coffee.

As Vibe has pointed out tho, the bible does not support the idea of free will, in fact there is more evidence through verses we are gods puppets.

Mk ultra can make you not want that coffee

One can take down worlds most powerfull army general. But one cannot takedown the will of a common man.

Ancient Chinese dude wrote that 500 years BC.

The will to act, do, think, desire etc everything is free. All things - including the Bible and choosing to follow it or doing what you're doing during the day in whatever country you reside in - was and is all created by men. Free willed men.

I dont think it exists. We all are products of environments and operate under some system. So the choices we make or the things we want are either because our environment provided it or we're moving in spite of it.
we still make choices in those environments.

there are people who choose to do bad shit and blame the environment and other who use it to get awy from it because they fell they are bigger than it.

those are choices.

no matter who raises you...you ultimately can make a decisions based of what you know or dont know.

we still make choices in those environments.

there are people who choose to do bad shit and blame the environment and other who use it to get awy from it because they fell they are bigger than it.

those are choices.

no matter who raises you...you ultimately can make a decisions based of what you know or dont know.
But you either going along with what's already been presented or you going against what's been presented. Either way you're contrained to choices that already existed.

But you either going along with what's already been presented or you going against what's been presented. Either way you're contrained to choices that already existed.
those opportunities always exist for either person.....but you choose which path to take based on what you think of yourself.

those opportunities always exist for either person.....but you choose which path to take based on what you think of yourself.
I think what's being said is you do have choices but everything around you limits the viability of these choices. You do choose what you wanna do to an extent, but you can't ignore what got you there. As much as we lust after "true" freedom that too is constrained by your minds ability to comprehend or perceive it.

Reactions: B_A
There is free will. But with free will, there is a reaction/consequence for every choice/action you make.

I think what's being said is you do have choices but everything around you limits the viability of these choices. You do choose what you wanna do to an extent, but you can't ignore what got you there. As much as we lust after "true" freedom that too is constrained by your minds ability to comprehend or perceive it.
Yup, we cant even escape the confines of our own minds.

Yup, we cant even escape the confines of our own minds.
But you can control what you seek out.
So if you seek to learn more or gain more knowledge you are giving yourself more options. Am I right?

But if you don't seek mental growth then it's your own fault that mental contraints is your warden.

Back