Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

Final haul... Penhaligon's discovery set and few samples arrived yesterday, decent hit rate...

Will cop:

Halfeti: Maaaan this fragrance is incredible, at first I thought it was almost exactly a like for like scent to one of my favourites Eight & Bob's 'Egypt'... So I did a side by test and in fact they are pretty different... 'Halfeti' is more spicy and woody, along with spice and wood, it has leather and oud vibes??? Hints of something sweet too, like vanilla... Would love to cop a bottle of this...

Cairo: Fire!!! This kicks off with sweetish, incense vibe, with kicks of spice and vanilla... Maybe a hint of floral or rose but its not a main note imo and way in the background....

The Tragedy Of Lord George: Another great scent... Very masculine, a barber shop opening quickly dried down into a sweet, vanilla maybe leathery scent... I love it, one to wear on a formal outing or when you want to show some authority in a office...

Maybe cop:

Empressa: At first I was thinking this could be a summer cop but after the dry down its not quite for me... It has a citrus scent hint too but not overpowering as Im not a big citrus fan... the fruit and spice notes balanced it out... Though after smelling it again after 20mins it seems the citrus overtook the other scents and came to the forefront again... Think I need to test it on the skin and see what its saying...

Defo no cops:

Quercus (EDC): This wasnt horrible, abit weak and citrusy but it was fresh with some woody notes maybe some floral too, just not for me...

Artemisia: Gave this to my dukes as it defo seems more for the ladies... Quite weak too, I got hints of (english) tea with some faint powdery vanilla kicks...

AIUla: Just abit too sweet for me and found it very plumy... Also had some spice maybe even some leather??? The main think that put me off was the overpowering sweetness...

The Favourite: This was very feminine, vibes of rose or similar floral notes and powder...

Blenheim Bouquet (EDT): Waaaaaaaay too lemony!!!

Juniper Sling (EDT): Very weak, cant imagine this would last long... Think I get notes of gin and ginger, very aquatic too...

The Coveted Duchess Rose: Must be for the ladies, abit weak too, would say it smells like rose water... If a lady wanted a light, rose scent could be a good option...

Luna (EDT): Again, because Im not a huge fan of rose scents, they kinda stick out right away... And this rose hit pretty quick, though after the dry down I dont hate it and get a light rose/orange vibe from it...

Endymion: Found this abit weak and hard to pick out notes, maybe ginger??? And possibly leather...

Anyways, thats my sample haul done... Got a few that I want to cop on the list... A few samples that I'll keep and wear to see if they grow on me... And ALOT to give away to friends and family lol

Next I want to try find a summery fragrance and an inoffensive blue fragrance, so I'll check the LV ones Goldie recommended...

Last edited:
Back