Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Four People Killed In Shooting At Tulsa Hospital

Man you ever had back pain? After having a bout of it myself I wouldn't doubt the frustration of having that kinda pain and not being seen. He is black also so there's that...

Not defending or excusing pulling a mass shooting over it and fuck him for doing it, but im gonna give the benefit of the doubt about receiving substandard care until im presented with other information.

lol I wasn't going to say it, but I was thinking the same thing. I'm surprised there aren't more incidents with people who suffer from chronic pain acting up.

I remember I had some cracked ribs once. For like a week, everything hurt. I couldn't walk, breathe, sleep, or basically do anything without being in substantial pain. By the end of that week I was ready to burn the world down.

You should be required to get a gun license exactly like a driver's license.

You'd have to take a safety course for each type of firearm (handgun, shotgun, long rifle) and pass a background check before being issued a license.

All other permits (conceal and open carry, marksman, hunting, holster, etc.) would be added to your license after you've completed those courses.

Your license could be used to access all courses you've taken, background check history, all firearms registered to you, all gun safes registered to you, and all special permits.

If you are for any reason found to be a verified risk to yourself or others you would have to surrender your license and registered firearms or risk severe fines and/or possible jail time.
Problem with that is gun ownership is a constitutionally protected right not a privilege. Thats why folk got issues with wanting to jump through hoops to vote.

You can have a social media presence that's not linked to you besides an email you created from one of those garbage email sites with a fake name and birthday

What gets flagged and who makes that choice?

Yea man. Theres gonna be ways around everything implement. Shit theres ways around almost any law.

Im not sitting here saying its possible to prevent all mass shootings or murder, or violence.

Im saying we need to find ways to lessen them.

Find ways to make it harder, and in a few years, once the impact of new rules as felt, we can watch the number of mass shootings go down.

There isnt a way to stop shootings fully.

And there isnt a way to make overnight changes.

Shit I know for a fact if a strict gun control law is ever passed, the # of shootings wont be significantly down for the first few years and the right wing will show them numbers and come out and say how strict gun rules didnt stop the shooting everytime there is one.

Whatever gets implemented, itll take years to start seeing the impact.

Problem with that is gun ownership is a constitutionally protected right not a privilege. Thats why folk got issues with wanting to jump through hoops to vote.

which is ironic/sad because republicans have no issue making it harder for people to vote

Man you ever had back pain? After having a bout of it myself I wouldn't doubt the frustration of having that kinda pain and not being seen. He is black also so there's that...

Not defending or excusing pulling a mass shooting over it and fuck him for doing it, but im gonna give the benefit of the doubt about receiving substandard care until im presented with other information.

No bs, backpain will have a mfer contemplate taking themselvesand others out

You should be required to get a gun license exactly like a driver's license.

You'd have to take a safety course for each type of firearm (handgun, shotgun, long rifle) and pass a background check before being issued a license.

All other permits (conceal and open carry, marksman, hunting, holster, etc.) would be added to your license after you've completed those courses.

Your license could be used to access all courses you've taken, background check history, all firearms registered to you, all gun safes registered to you, and all special permits.

If you are for any reason found to be a verified risk to yourself or others you would have to surrender your license and registered firearms or risk severe fines and/or possible jail time.
They don't even try to take efforts to doing something like this. Try SOMETHING because this whole "mah guns mah freedom" , "I need them for protection incase", this shit isn't working.

ok I just hafta say…

Let’s say a person does all these things.

They can still do the mass shooting if they feel like it.
I think a person with that kind of intent would greatly benefit from:

A) The prolonged timetable of having to first apply for a license and complete the steps to acquire getting one.

B) Having so many layers of interaction before being allowed to purchase a gun.

My thinking is that if the person doesn't return themselves to reason within that time, then hopefully an extended period to perform a background check and having to communicate with a multitude of people in the licensing process can catch a significant amount of these types.

I think a person with that kind of intent would greatly benefit from:

A) The prolonged timetable of having to first apply for a license and complete the steps to acquire getting one.

B) Having so many layers of interaction before being allowed to purchase a gun.

My thinking is that if the person doesn't return themselves to reason within that time, then hopefully an extended period to perform a background check and having to communicate with a multitude of people in the licensing process can catch a significant amount of these types.

your line of thinking is clear

However, it’s also clear that with a majority of these mass shootings, there’s an element of extensive planning that takes place. The dude who did the shooting in Buffalo was planning his attack for months, according to his manifesto. Is it beyond reasoning that he would have simply taken the courses required for his license and did all those things you mentioned, just to carry out his attack at a later date per his plan?

no. The only thing that would have potentially stopped him here is if they raised the age limit on buying rifles to 21.

I say that to say this, the worst mass shootings aren’t “random” attacks.

6. Do states require permits to purchase firearms?

Only a dozen of the US's 50 states require purchase permits for handguns. Of those states, only three — California, Connecticut and Hawaii — require permits for the purchase of rifles and shotguns.

California, for example, requires applicants to pass a written test and enroll in a gun safety class to obtain purchase permits.

You're definitely right about the opposition it would face. But based on what other states have already done I don't think it'd be a violation of a person's rights.

your line of thinking is clear

However, it’s also clear that with a majority of these mass shootings, there’s an element of extensive planning that takes place. The dude who did the shooting in Buffalo was planning his attack for months, according to his manifesto. Is it beyond reasoning that he would have simply taken the courses required for his license and did all those things you mentioned, just to carry out his attack at a later date per his plan?

no. The only thing that would have potentially stopped him here is if they raised the age limit on buying rifles to 21.

I think if he didn't have access to the firearms then he'd just commit the mass killing by other means

Is it beyond reasoning that he would have simply taken the courses required for his license and did all those things you mentioned, just to carry out his attack at a later date per his plan?

To tag on to your last point first, I am not at opposed to raising the age limit. I think these ideas and others could be packaged together to compliment each other.

And to your first point, to piggy back younggun's post, I think a background check that included a web crawl of the shooter's social media could have prevented him. His posts on 4chan and wherever else could have potentially been caught. If not that the people receiving his concerning texts could have had a longer window to alert someone.

I think the possibility of getting caught might push more people into the black markert. But at some point the extra hassles and preventive measures start showing diminishing returns. We just have to find that point.

Back