Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION Final Fantasy XVI

This game any good, is it worth the purchase?

The gameplay is very linear and one-dimensional. The story is ok but there's just way too much of it. The combat is either button mashing or QTE's and the upgrade paths are borderline pointless.

I wouldn't have bought this at anywhere near full price if I knew how poor the combat system, gear and exploration was going to be.

SneakDZA making me hesitant to even get this?

What I will say is from what ive seen so far.. yeah its alot of cut scenes.. I can deal with that.

I've done maybe 2 "boss fights" and them joints feel... I think the best word I can use to describe is "muddied".. like the shit is all over the place and in some instances it cuts from you mashing buttons to just cut scenes of a fight that you no longer have a part in.. im sitting there like fuck I coulda did them moves if yall gave me the opportunity.

Its still early tho.. im not gonna toss it in the trash just yet

I mean I have no issue being linear damn near every game is open world just for the sake of it. I like combat better but it’s kind of lacking just a bit cuz I’m really just pressing square a lot.

I like games for their stories so it’s good im
At like level 25

I had a boss fight where I fought the same asshole for two 20 minute boss fights back to back.

After I already cut his fucking hands off in my previous 20 minute boss fight with him.

I had a boss fight where I fought the same asshole for two 20 minute boss fights back to back.

After I already cut his fucking hands off in my previous 20 minute boss fight with him.

And dying and getting my potions back makes it easy but I know old school dudes hate it

i took a pause before the final mission, I can't tell if I live or hate this game.

Gonna do the final side missions and hunts later on this week.

game is confusing af. maybe its cause i skipped 70% of the cutscenes. seriously though on average your watching 4 cutscenes back to back. The gameplay saves this game. the Titan fights are underwhelming. i would suggest upgrading phoneix Super before venturing out to other Titans powers.

Damn joyless? Lol have gamers become as bad as movie critics now?
Think his point was just speaking to the harsh shift in tone

In his defense FF16 is pretty heavy lol

I think he just wanted something a bit more jubilant in his experience

Back