• Fair he should have been there earlier in life

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Facts…..

BoilingSlipperyIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

Facts…..

That's bullshit though.

If this is the dad's mentality. He made his bed 🤷🏿‍♂️

Like your can't get mad your kids don't wanna spend time with you when you're making a strong emphasis on not having to like them.

They're his duty and his responsibility. He doesn't have to like them

So why he want them to like being around him?

Shit dumb

I’m certain this the first time pops heard about this

Her response to everyone in her twitter thread tried to suggest she talk to him was "he's dead, next"

She's bitter and hateful af. Told someone to go lie in a grave next to his.

Seems to be a lot of hatred towards parents these days. I was just looking at a tweet asking why parents want to be nicer and help you more after you've moved out and most of the responses were " They just trying to not be thrown in a home when they older."

That's bullshit though.

If this is the dad's mentality. He made his bed 🤷🏿‍♂️

Like your can't get mad your kids don't wanna spend time with you when you're making a strong emphasis on not having to like them.

They're his duty and his responsibility. He doesn't have to like them

So why he want them to like being around him?

Shit dumb

Nah, it's not.

My moms once told me that what a lot of people don't get about many men, especially my generation and older, is that we show love by taking care of our families. While we may not explicitly say it all the time, we show it through our actions and our sacrifices.

I don't have to like you or what you do in order to love you, and that's what many folks don't understand at all. Too focused on "like" and not focused enough on "love".

Nah, it's not.

My moms once told me that what a lot of people don't get about many men, especially my generation and older, is that we show love by taking care of our families. While we may not explicitly say it all the time, we show it through our actions and our sacrifices.

I don't have to like you or what you do in order to love you, and that's what many folks don't understand at all. Too focused on "like" and not focused enough on "love".
Yeah since my parents grew up during the civil rights era I don’t hold the tough love approach against them. I’m going to do things differently then my father but I’m trying to converse with them more since they’re approaching 70

Costs are rising, wages aren’t

A lot of ppl gonna have to work harder to maintain a roof over their families heads and provide the basics

Some things gonna have to be sacrificed and ppl will need to play their part

But that's how it always is. I was just talking to moms about that shit today. I'm making a pretty penny but that shit ain't working it like it would have 10 years ago. I just threw $50 in the tank earlier and ain't even get 10 gallons of gas. That's some straight up bullshit. Shit, even 5 years ago this loot I'm making would have done shit right, but it's looking wild iffy today.

Last edited:
I have the luxury of still being cool w a lot of ppl we went to high school with

there are times we ll reminisce about our boy Dave s pop was the only daddy to show up to every one of our football games

Nah, it's not.

Bruh.

It's important to like your kids too.

The inability to do that is a fucking problem and should be treated as such.

Like it all can't be sacrifice and service. There has to be some genuine bonding and compassion.

If not it's a broken relationship. Providing ain't enough

Like I said I worked 10-4 today then went back to my next job from 6- 1am

But I don't be all distant with my kids... The few hours I was home, they was damn near sitting on top of me while I watched TV with them in between jobs.

Niggaz can't be so focused on working that they can't love their damn family.

If it gets that bad, then you gotta find another way. Being happy at home is too important to push it aside for money.

I rather be happy broke than depressed rich.

But the fucked up part of society is most people would prefer depressed rich

Bruh.

It's important to like your kids too.

The inability to do that is a fucking problem and should be treated as such.

Like it all can't be sacrifice and service. There has to be some genuine bonding and compassion.

If not it's a broken relationship. Providing ain't enough

If my child does something I don't fuck with, and continues doing that shit, I don't have to like that child. However, as my child I will continue to love him or her until my last breath and if that child finds themselves in some shit I'm still gonna help because I love my child and still want the best for them. "Liking " is not a part of that equation. Think of all the folks out there slangin' drugs, robbing folks, abusing drugs and alladat. You think their parents like them or the person they've become??? Hell no, but they still LOVE their child and will go to the ends of the earth for them to help them out of their LOVE for their child.

If you can't understand that love trumps like on any given day and twice on Sunday I don't know what to say to you bruh.

Compassion does not require that I like anyone. You can show genuine compassion for your fellow man without knowing them or liking them. Y'all have linked liking someone and loving them and the two simply ain't the same.

Back