Welcome To aBlackWeb

Encounters with the rich, famous and formerly famous

why, she was a fat, bitch?

https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/the-chill-spot.4/page-4803

I quasi met her back in '91 while I was working at a car stereo shop in Detroit. She came into the shop with a lil entourage, made demands, tried to have customers removed from the waiting room and all kids of snooty, nose in the air, diva bullshit. Most celebs that came into the shop would chop it up with the staff but not her, she had no parts of mixing it up with common folk. I went into the waiting room to get a can of pop out the machine while she was there. I very politely said "Good afternoon Miss Franklin" and smiled only to get hit with "hrmph" and her lips pressed tight. And there's more to it all but the shit was her being full of her self and thinking she was above everyone other than the owner.

As soon as she left my boss, the owner's brother, said out loud "What a bitch... Can you believe that shit she pulled?"

We're talking about the same broad that demanded that Luther Vandross address her as "Miss Franklin" like he was some nobody ass scrub.

bruh, I've chopped it up with celebs left and right thanks to my jobs back in the 90's. Fred Hammond invited me to his studio off 8 mile, Earl Klugh kicked it with me on some music shit at my shop, Kevin Saunderson and Kenny Larkin, two of the biggest names in Detroit Techno, both kicked it with me. John Salley, Tommy Hearns, Oba Carr, and James Toney never hesitated to chop it with us when they came to the shop. William Bedford used to hang out at the shop just to kick it with the crew. Harry Connick Jr sat off in the store "just because" and Jeff Bridges came to the store and started fuckin around on the keys and spoke to all of us.

Just because you're a celebrity or famous doesn't mean you get to be a dickhead towards people.

I know a woman who is a chef back home that has pop up events. She makes fire chili and edibles so I went out to one of her events to cop one night.

I get to the spot and I see this very bummy looking lady ahead of me in line:

Raggedy jacket, raggedy pants, Payless sneakers. The woman in a very soft voice made her order and went she went to pay pulled out like 2 stacks in cash in a roll. I was like damn, maybe I need to start panhandling.

The bummy woman turns around with her food and it's

View attachment 70741

Still getting that fast car money

My friend, who like Tracy is also a lesbian, tells her that she is a huge fan and loves her music.

Tracy hit her with palpable silence and one of the blankest stares I've ever seen in my life

I was gonna say what's up... But after I saw how she did her own folks I was liek nevermind

Tracy Chapman is my wife's cousin. My MIL knows her and all that, but the wife hasn't gotten around to meeting her yet. IIRC they're related on her grandfather's side.

Chris Bosh we met in a shoe store once in Toronto at what used to be "Good Foot" he came in there with his wifey Adrienne Bosh. Shit was jokes, my boy was complaining all evening about the cold and how he wanted to go home cuz nothing interesting happens on that Street. Lo and behold Chris Bosh walks into the place and he froze up LOLOLOL. The whole store froze up. He was cool AF tho. Very intelligent cat.

He did go to school for Computer Science/Programming.

Back in 2010 I was working hospital security...posted in the ER parking lot and I see a Mercedes truck pull up...a passenger gets out and goes inside to check in but the driver just sits there..I go to the window and it's Nivea looked FUCKED up...she had sideburns thicker than Shafts and she was rocking a dingy ass doorag and no makeup...I knew who she was but was so shocked that she looked so bad I just treated her like anyone else...I asked did she need help and she said no then drove half way around the parking lot and she stopped again..I went to her truck again and she said her friend who had checked in was coming out because it was too crowded..then she started asking me about other hospitals to go to...all of a sudden, her back window rolls down and some gay dude sticks his head out the window and asks" r u in a relationship?"...I ignore his ass and keep talking to Nivea trying to be professional, giving her directions to other ER's...then the gay dude says, "why u talking about ER's u need to be seeing how my girl trying to holla at u!"...So I look at her and I tell her that "I'm shocked a celebrity like u trying to holla at a security officer"..then she goes, "I didn't think u recognized me looking like this!"...so she gives me her number and her friend comes out..as they drive off the gay dude sticks his head out the window and yells out "Your Welcome!!" loud as fuck...I called her once just because she a celebrity and she talked about her marriage with the Dream and she said she was married to Wayne too at one point and some artist she was promoting but I told her I'm married so that was pretty much it

Chris Bosh we met in a shoe store once in Toronto at what used to be "Good Foot" he came in there with his wifey Adrienne Bosh. Shit was jokes, my boy was complaining all evening about the cold and how he wanted to go home cuz nothing interesting happens on that Street. Lo and behold Chris Bosh walks into the place and he froze up LOLOLOL. The whole store froze up. He was cool AF tho. Very intelligent cat.

Was on a date with one of my ex girls and coming out the paramount theatre on richmond we ran into bosh and Adrienne before she had all the surgeries. I remember thinking "how my girl way hotter than yours g?" Adrienne came a long way tho lol.

One of my wcw's pushed me out the way to get to greg Monroe the other night. I was hurt.

Was ready to slap the fire out a dude for trying Fred van vleet and og anunoby the other night too. Fred told me to chill tho. He's a cool nigga still. He ain't have to let that shit slide.

Chopped it with Dave Bartholomew a few times (my cousin grandpa)

Big time dude that yall probably dont know

He wrote music for a lot of ppl (ie: Elvis etc...) and never received the checks he deserve. He got some but not what he should have got

Too many of yall niggas stories way to fucking long.
tenor.gif

I partied one night with Neyo and his girl at the time (Mo) he was really nice….he had this song with Fab that was out at the time and every time the song finished he would say to my friend, “Play that one more time” We ended up listening to it the entire damn time we were in the car.

I went to a fundraiser at Oprah’s house in Santa Barbara for then Senator Barack Obama and met literally everybody! Everybody was cool except Boris Kodjoe... he was an ass.

Met Wendy Raquel Robinson at the after party for the fundraiser. She was really nice. She acted like a toned down version of her character on The Game.

Went to a group dinner and clubbing with Hill Harper…super cool, very down to earth.

Billy Zane who is super flirty and touchy feely but very nice.

Met AI at the Dragonfly in ATL... he expected me to sweat him...no thanks.

Met Omar Gooding at the Dragonfly in ATL... very nice even after my drunk sister kept calling him Cuba's brother.

Met Lavel Crawford at the airport in ATL...really nice

Cedric the Entertainer after a show in Baton Rouge…he wanted to go to some hood club. I went home.

Back