Encounters with the rich, famous and formerly famous

montell jordan, the sister from bebe and cece wyans and tamia....
they all came to a powerhouse type thing in philly many years ago

i came for the obligatory Du/Christina Milian episode

Germs the type nigga to sit next to Steven Tyler on a plane and have a deep ass 4 hour conversation about life, children, music, love, and politics....

Fuck around have a new Outlook on life n shit...... And not one point any idea the fuck he is....

Will see the nigga on tv.... An straight up tell you he recognizes name...... But will right next him no fucking clue

Funny enough I met Steven Tyler once. No big story - I was coming out of Chelsea Market after getting my lunch and there was this short dude dressed like the guy from Aerosmith and I was about to start laughing at him until I realized it was actually him and I was like "Whatup Steven Tyler" and he nodded and that was it. I still can't believe he dresses like that on a day to day basis just going to the store.

When I was young I met Luther Vandross who was randomly walking in a food store in New Orleans buying strawberries with I'm assuming was his male lover.
So you met Luther and Freddie Jackson at the same time.

Tried to dap up Ja Rule b4 he blew up after the Hard Knock Life concert was over. Couldn't cuz other folks was in the way, and we was tryin to get out. Him and Bleek was standing on the bottom steps next to the floor seats we were sittin at.

Rule looked like he was having a good time.

Bleek looked like that one salty homegirl in the crew that yells "I'M READY TO GO" b/c everyone in the crew got attention in the club except her.

i came for the obligatory Du/Christina Milian episode

Shout out to Darrius Miles cockblockin Du.

Had he not did that, he would've never had met Lady Du. God works in mysterious ways brotha.

saw former LSU player Jacob Hester at the furniture store

he aint buy shit tho

So you met Luther and Freddie Jackson at the same time.
I was only 8 at the time so I'm unsure if I knew Freddie Jackson was .but this was around the time " can I take you out tonight" came out lol

Derrick Coleman was a customer of mine back in the early 90's. Summer of 1990, he came into my shop with his cousins rollin in a black 2-door Cherokee with gold factory wheels on it and wanted to get some hump put in it. We got to choppin it up, he told me he got drafted by the New Jersey Nets and was on his way out there for training and shit.

Around June of '91 he called around and found the shop I was working at over on 7 mile and Telegraph and fell through. This time he had copped a brand new red 4 door Cherokee and wanted us to go all out on it. So I put together a $20K obscenely loud sound system complete with custom door pods for speakers, a pair of either 18" or 15" Rockford Power Series woofers in a custom enclosure powered by all manner of amps. We had the car for a week. The shit was so damned loud that while I was checking the tuning of the subs, me and the installer were standing in front of the subs and they were so loud they were vibrating our vocal cords, making it sound like we were talking through a fan.

DC rolled up with his cousins on the day we were wrapping it up and just kicked it with us. I showed him around the system, made sure he tipped the installer well, and he rolled off blasting that shit. You could hear him clear down telegraph at least a quarter mile away.

Derrick Coleman was a customer of mine back in the early 90's. Summer of 1990, he came into my shop with his cousins rollin in a black 2-door Cherokee with gold factory wheels on it and wanted to get some hump put in it. We got to choppin it up, he told me he got drafted by the New Jersey Nets and was on his way out there for training and shit.

Around June of '91 he called around and found the shop I was working at over on 7 mile and Telegraph and fell through. This time he had copped a brand new red 4 door Cherokee and wanted us to go all out on it. So I put together a $20K obscenely loud sound system complete with custom door pods for speakers, a pair of either 18" or 15" Rockford Power Series woofers in a custom enclosure powered by all manner of amps. We had the car for a week. The shit was so damned loud that while I was checking the tuning of the subs, me and the installer were standing in front of the subs and they were so loud they were vibrating our vocal cords, making it sound like we were talking through a fan.

DC rolled up with his cousins on the day we were wrapping it up and just kicked it with us. I showed him around the system, made sure he tipped the installer well, and he rolled off blasting that shit. You could hear him clear down telegraph at least a quarter mile away.

You was working in 1990?

Got damn nigga..

• Haha
Reactions: King Freeman
You was working in 1990?

Got damn nigga..

OG Bobby Johnson up in this bitch

r_HuRm.gif

• Haha
Beanie sigel popped up at a club i was at the night i turned 21. Jay was in chicago doing his american gangster tour. Beans walked right passed me left out with theee baddest, thickest female in there arms wrapped around her from behind. Cant recall if other Roc guys was with him.

I met Derrick Coleman too. He used to have a clothing apparel store by Davidson and Livernois in the neighborhood he grew up in. Me and my cousin went there to buy these Jordans that had just came out.

DC was there in the store on his cell phone. We bout our shoes and he dapped both of us up thanking us for coming to his store while still on the phone. Seem like a cool ass dude.

I knew Big Sean in high school. He was performing at this club in VA Beach right around the time his finally famous 4 mixtape had dropped and I was still at Hampton University.My homegirl worked at the club he was at and I got in for free.

Sean performed his songs and afterwards me and him started talking and I was up in VIP with him and Pusha T. We popped a few bottles smoked some weed. Pusha T aint say much. I could tell he the type if he don't know you he aint gonna speak to you. I ain't trip off that but still gotta pic with both of them.

It was this girl there from Detroit who went to high school with him and she had her thirsty ass homegirl with her. He was going to the studio with Pusha and wanted all of us to come. The girls was down for sure but I actually had a mid term the next day so I passed.

A week later I saw the thirsty girl in the library and she was all in my face talking how cool it was I know Big Sean. Exchanged numbers with her. A few weeks later I smashed the girl a few times but she was crazy so I had to fade away after a few fucks

I shot my shot at Cristina Milian... Don't really wanna get into the details

Got into a scuffle with Gillie the kid outside a club in Philly.

Shot my shot at Pam from Martin.

Sat down with Mya and her dad and just talked out my ass for like 20 mins about how I produced artists wanted to work with them, while in my tsa uniform. I was trying slyly shoot my shot at Mya.

Bouncing I met the Wu, TI, slick Rick, I prevented rapper big pooh from going back stage cuz he didn't have the proper wrist bands...

I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't remember right this moment

DO NOT TELL this Mya story again man. LOL

• Haha
I mentioned this while talking about my distaste for Aretha Franklin, but William Bedford was also a customer of the shop I worked at. Had to have been late April of '91 or so 'cause IIRC I had just came home from Eastern for the summer. I was working at our main headquarters on Woodward just south of 9 mile and we had this built to hell black early 70's Chevy Nova on the showroom floor. I was working one Saturday morning when William showed up; turns out it was his car. Dude sat there with us and chopped it up with everyone, including the other customers. Dude was completely down to earth and kicked it with everyone like we was all crew. He was just there for a few hours, didn't want shit, just there with his car. About two weeks later he came to get it and the same thing: before he drove off he sat around just shootin' the shit with everyone. I think out of all the celebs and sports figures I've met he was probably the most down to earth next to Derrick Coleman.

I know a woman who is a chef back home that has pop up events. She makes fire chili and edibles so I went out to one of her events to cop one night.

I get to the spot and I see this very bummy looking lady ahead of me in line:

Raggedy jacket, raggedy pants, Payless sneakers. The woman in a very soft voice made her order and went she went to pay pulled out like 2 stacks in cash in a roll. I was like damn, maybe I need to start panhandling.

The bummy woman turns around with her food and it's

71drXDnv7dL._SY355_.jpg

Still getting that fast car money

My friend, who like Tracy is also a lesbian, tells her that she is a huge fan and loves her music.

Tracy hit her with palpable silence and one of the blankest stares I've ever seen in my life

I was gonna say what's up... But after I saw how she did her own folks I was liek nevermind

Last edited:
  • Haha