Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce)

Added to Calendar: 07-12-24

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Iight after a full listen, I feel like it started off strong but became repetitive as fuck. His best album since Encore. 7.5 outta 10.

I'm a give this a third spin b/c I like this album from Em.

Favorite tracks:

Renaissance
Lucifer
Antichrist
Road Rage
Fuel
Temporary
Tobey
Somebody Save Me

I must admit I probably should have said a prayer before listening to Lucifer/Antichrist before hand b/c it's weird those tracks were put back to back like that. Then add Bizarre being Bizzare... Anyways I love the theme & concept of Slim Shady vs Marshall Mathers mixed in with The Eminem Show & Encore. This is what Encore should have been back in '04.

My rating: 8.5 - 9/10

Only one song actually sounds like the em of old and its decent but he’s beating a dead horse.

The fuel track he gets ate on by JID and then does that annoying flow he’s been doing for the past few years. In fact the majority of the album is that, which is aight on occasion.

But the whole thing is an obsession with…this shit is suicide by cop.

He spends the whole album begging for social outcry to come about what he’s saying and at the same time he just saying shit people already have come to accept him saying.

It’s like if Bill Burr did a whole special asking for women to cancel him for saying women do stupid shit, actually tell a fucking joke.

Ya mean, actually do a fucking song, and then, when he finally does a song, it’s another song about him crying about being a shitty father

He needs to find god and forgiveness, and then release something after that, cause this ain’t it.
guessing you're not a fan of modern day Chappelle

I've been pretty critical of em these recent years. Didn't hate music to be murdered by, but didn't love it even with all the features.

This album is pretty good tho. Only got one listen so far, but I was impressed. Still some corny lines but I love the concept of the album and it don't feel as "lyrical miracle" as previous albums. Will give it some more spins, but off first listen I kind of like it.

Also, that song with JID is DOPE. Awesome he got JID on the album.

Back