Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce)

Added to Calendar: 07-12-24

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hot take: Brand New Dance should've been the first single. I get why they picked Houdini, but BND exemplifies the obligatory first Slim Shady single he's tried to dead since MMLP.

Hot take: Brand New Dance should've been the first single. I get why they picked Houdini, but BND exemplifies the obligatory first Slim Shady single he's tried to dead since MMLP.
Thought the same shit but they probably heard all the Christopher Reeves shit and thought better

Only one song actually sounds like the em of old and its decent but he’s beating a dead horse.

The fuel track he gets ate on by JID and then does that annoying flow he’s been doing for the past few years. In fact the majority of the album is that, which is aight on occasion.

But the whole thing is an obsession with…this shit is suicide by cop.

He spends the whole album begging for social outcry to come about what he’s saying and at the same time he just saying shit people already have come to accept him saying.

It’s like if Bill Burr did a whole special asking for women to cancel him for saying women do stupid shit, actually tell a fucking joke.

Ya mean, actually do a fucking song, and then, when he finally does a song, it’s another song about him crying about being a shitty father

He needs to find god and forgiveness, and then release something after that, cause this ain’t it.
This was my issue with Kamikaze and the MTBMB series. I think here he seems rejuvenated. Em been out for 25 years... of course the subjects are gonna get old. The difference is there's actually purpose this time. This is supposed to be his last album after all... no better way to go out than to exhaust that gimmick til it dies a dignified death.

This was my issue with Kamikaze and the MTBMB series. I think here he seems rejuvenated. Em been out for 25 years... of course the subjects are gonna get old. The difference is there's actually purpose this time. This is supposed to be his last album after all... no better way to go out than to exhaust that gimmick til it dies a dignified death.
With a name like the death of slim shady and him saying it’s a concept album and the ill concepts he did in the past. Rappity Rap Eminem just wasn’t what I expected. It’s cool, but it didn’t need to be framed the way it was just for it to be this. I think I’m more disappointed in what was delivered, based on what was promised, more so than I’m disappointed in the quality of the content.

On its own it would be what we expect from EM right now. Digging into the nostalgia bag just to amp up nostalgia fans and give this. Shit feels like what studios do with when they rejuvenate old IP’s and “with a modern twist”.

Like Micheal Bays ninja turtles on steroids movie, this ain’t what we asked for fam, I appreciate yall trying but this ain’t what we asked for.

I admit I didn't go more than 30 seconds into that song but i blame the PTSD I got from Encore

It sounds almost identical to "My Band" from D12. My little siblings(children) used to love that shit. Idk why he put 2 of them on there but oh well.

Hell no... that was Shamaylan not knowing how to make a movie without copying Japan. My own criticism about this album is that it's been done before. I wrote this album off as soon as I heard the title... in fact, I wasn't planning on listening to it at all after Houdini and Tobey. If I would compare it to any movie or series, it would be Chucky. The films got worse as time went on, but the TV series is among the best work of that franchise. After a string of projects that miss the mark for 2 decades, Em dropped something his core fans and the underground heads he came up with can appreciate.

52a57367d57842185d8288d2bb5a3fe88750dc31.gif

Been listening… so far very fuckin one note. “You can’t cancel me, fuck wokeness, don’t fuck with me I’m dangerous “. It’s not to say he doesn’t have good songs but this is overall the message I got. Em is very much the new old man yelling on the lawn of hip hop. He a few skin shades away from being Lord Jamar.

Back